SDFM sketch

Frogze

I had some fun sketching yesterday trying to nail Roy's VF-1S in a cool pose and this scene from the Zentradi attack on earth SDFM episode 2 happened as I was adding more and more mess until it got out of control. I tried to salvage what could be by cropping a part from it, here :

post-12752-0-40719100-1427643733_thumb.png

I had some fun sketching yesterday trying to nail Roy's VF-1S in a cool pose and this scene from the Zentradi attack on earth SDFM episode 2 happened as I was adding more and more mess until it got out of control. I tried to salvage what could be by cropping a part from it, here :

Be careful or Tommy Yune might be knocking on your door.. :p

Thanks guys!

I wish I had kept more control over the whole process though but I had too much fun drawing this I guess and forgot about a few basic rules such as composing a picture and trying to keep a harmonious color palette.

Well, here's the whole unedited thing, I cut the lower part out as I thought it added too much distraction in the frame. Let me know what you think :

Be careful or Tommy Yune might be knocking on your door.. :p

Haha, I'm not into Voltron anyway ;)

post-12752-0-06058600-1427663103_thumb.png

Thanks guys!

I wish I had kept more control over the whole process though but I had too much fun drawing this I guess and forgot about a few basic rules such as composing a picture and trying to keep a harmonious color palette.

Well, here's the whole unedited thing, I cut the lower part out as I thought it added too much distraction in the frame. Let me know what you think :

Haha, I'm not into Voltron anyway ;)

As a splash page, the full image would work, but you are right regarding the initially posted image.

As a splash page, the full image would work, but you are right regarding the initially posted image.

Hey Thanks a lot for your input, Zinjo! Yeah I agree a splash page would naturally cut this mess and make it more manageable for the viewer.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks a lot guys! I think I learned a lesson with this one, trying to put more thought on the composition/sketching part before but it was a fun piece nonetheless. I'm going to do another one sometime next week, we'll see how it turns!

Thank you Micky, likewise, I'm a big fan of your model builds! Mad modeling skills!

Here's a step by step quick digital VF-0A Shin sketch (please excuse the inaccuracies and simplifications, it's mostly done from memory due to lazyness regarding reference)

post-12752-0-00570200-1432501447_thumb.png

post-12752-0-71702000-1432501468_thumb.png

post-12752-0-80290100-1432501478_thumb.png

post-12752-0-50367500-1432501489_thumb.png

post-12752-0-82505400-1432501499_thumb.png