VF-3S Hustler

Chthonic

I came across this while going through my HD. This was from one of the Premiere EXPERTS when it came to Macross Mechanical info(Windjammer). He's been gone for a long time and he was a Really Good Friend. I know how he was with sharing info, but there's not alot of info about this Bird and I find it's only fitting to share. If it's from him it's "Cannon" in some form or another. I really do wish he come back. So this is technically the VF-3. I don't know the source and he's the only one who can say.

post-610-0-30339300-1427146851_thumb.jpg

Interesting design. Haven't seen it before. There is no policy for the Macross franchise about "canon", but even if this "VF-3S Hustler" were a part of an official Macross publication I'm inclined to think it's outside continuity. It's certainly creative. Thanks for sharing!

I appreciated the New Macross Mechanical Archives/Nanashi's Information Group, but was always perplexed by WJ's policies. In many ways his policies were the exact opposite of my own; whereas he coveted his sources and tried limiting use of his scanned material (while silmutaneously posting the material online? weirdness...), I wanted to share Macross art with fans who weren't fortunate enough to have extensive, expensive collections of rare books. After all, the books were decades old and so rare it was impossible for us all to own copies. If we didn't share, most fans would never see the rarer material. Never had any ill-will toward the guy, but I struggled to understand him.

Citations were always a source of tension with Windjammer/Nanashi and the debates on the subject of official Macross here on MW were rather notable, including some that involved Egan Loo. So I'd certainly be careful before assuming anything.

Hmmm, just looking at my post now makes me utter an saddened laugh, even though he's no longer here, that old drama and controversy somehow manages to seep back into the discussion about those times. Not exactly MacrossWorld's finest hour.

Edited by Mr March

I remember THOSE debates very well - I use to live not that far from him- I moved away when I recv'd a promotion but he was very particular about release of info at this point, I'm damn near 40 and I've known him for close to 18 year, but I can't say what happened. If I come across something else I'll post it.

LOL, the problem exists because there is no official canon policy :wacko:

Personally, my current favorite fan theory of Macross canon has definitely got to be the "Macross Chronicle trumps all previous 25 years of established trivia" policy :)

LOL, the problem exists because there is no official canon policy :wacko:

Personally, my current favorite fan theory of Macross canon has definitely got to be the "Macross Chronicle trumps all previous 25 years of established trivia" policy :)

Until the next production where Kawamori Retcons something else... :lol:

AAAhhhh, so this is the guy you got me confused with when I showed up a while back? I'd change my name if it was easy to do, but I always thought the name that meant no name was fitting.

About that design, I'm haivng a hard time understanding what I'm looking at, where are those forward swept wingletts coming from?