Macross Mecha Books

calubin_175

Other than Master File and Macross Chronicle, are there any comprehensive Macross mecha books that don't focus on visual design lineart but on technical and development info?

Obviously I am not asking for new technical info beyond the bare minimum.

How about books that include non animated ones such as the VF-4 and VF-3000?

Entertainment Bibles come to mind but they only cover up to the early 90s.

Other than Master File and Macross Chronicle, are there any comprehensive Macross mecha books that don't focus on visual design lineart but on technical and development info?

Obviously I am not asking for new technical info beyond the bare minimum.

How about books that include non animated ones such as the VF-4 and VF-3000?

Entertainment Bibles come to mind but they only cover up to the early 90s.

Probably not compiled in any one book. You may be able to find some info in magazines such as B-Club or Great Mechanics...but I do not collect them so not sure which specific issues may have the info you are looking for. Perhaps Sketchley or Mr. March can chime in or you can reach out to them directly, I believe they collect the magazines that may contain the info you are seeking.

http://www.mtranslation.host-ed.me/

Peruse the links under the Translations header. I've indicated (some of) the VFs that appear in Dengeki Hobby, Great Mechanics, and Great Mechanics.DX. The Other Books/Magazines should also provide a guide.

Though, ultimately, the site's content is limited to what I have on hand...

Thanks Sketchley. Great Mechanics had a lot of new write ups and analyses. Too bad they haven't released a Macross Great Meachanics compilation book.

I was really fond of the new considerations brought by the VF-25, the high performance of the VF-19 and danger of getting into insurgent use, and lastly the role of the FAST Packs, especially the ones for the VF-1 which compensated for the base craft's inadequacy.

The Super Pack of the VF-1 did certainly refit the atmospheric fighter into a space fighter. Hence the trope of having unnecessary wings was somewhat alleviated.

The categorisation of offense + speed with the Strike Pack and Tornado was also nice. It also went to demonstrate that beam weapons have always been around but only in heavy form.