Will's Macross Story Thread Thing

DeductiblyBonkers

Thoughts? I have none. Emotional/sexual arrousal? Hells yeah! :)

Seriously, that is awesome work. The detail is amazing and even looks drawn, like genuine line art. I had no idea that you were going to do something like this. I'm thrilled with the results. Bravo!

What's the story about? And why does the 19 have a new head?

I need to flesh things out some more, but at the moment its about a UN Spacy pilot getting assigned to a Macross-class successor and, naturally, falling into a love triangle with a fellow pilot and an old friend from flight school. Oh yeah and space battles with space monsters, can't forget the most important part. :D

As for the new head, in-story its due to a few technical upgrades to the 19 frame within the fleet the story follows, but mainly its just so my protag's 19 is different enough from the other three 'hero' 19s. ;)

Speaking of technical upgrades, here's what she looks like all armored up:

post-28809-0-73086400-1425611857_thumb.png

Considering adding intake armor + some on the shield like on the 25, but i figure this is fine for now, eh? :D

(maayybeee breast armor like the 25 too, been giving myself headaches all day trying to figure out how to make that look good and still transform though)

That's sexy. I really like the Armament FAST packs off the frontier set.

Thanks! Still need to figure out a definite time period for this to take place, but I figure that those shoulder missile racks wouldn't look too out of place regardless of whether its closer to Plus or Frontier. Not gonna try the Frontier 19s boosters until I figure that out though. :p

Also, wasn't really aware of it at the time I made the thread, but would posting all of this in the Macross Fanfiction thread be better?

Edited by DeductiblyBonkers

No, I did not. I didn't realize that was official.

Well, we've only ever seen them attached in animation in fighter mode. But the Bandai and Arcadia toys both have the shoulder packs mounted like that in Battroid. It might not be official but it's been a thing.

Thanks! Still need to figure out a definite time period for this to take place, but I figure that those shoulder missile racks wouldn't look too out of place regardless of whether its closer to Plus or Frontier. Not gonna try the Frontier 19s boosters until I figure that out though. :p

Also, wasn't really aware of it at the time I made the thread, but would posting all of this in the Macross Fanfiction thread be better?

To be honest I like this in it's own thread. It's easier for me to find.

Are you going to bork (kill, badly) one? I mean after the triangle resolves or as a resolution to said triangle (ala Guld)? I don't know why but I'm kind of a fan of borking characters...

Dunno yet! I certainly do enjoy borking characters when I can though, I'd say I give everyone a roughly 66% chance of survival.^^

I'm just messing with ya, it looks perfect :)

I actually don't know if the new YF-19/VF19 Excalibur schematics from the Master File are more or less correct than the old This Is Animation schematics. And I certainly understand that most folks won't have those old books. They look about the same to me, though the VFMF schematics feature a little more detail.

Although since we are on the subject, I have noticed that the VF-1 Valkyrie fighter mode schematics in the Master File are a little off. The VF-1 Valkyrie top view schematic from the Master File is more detailed, but has a poor rendition of the cockpit canopy. The VFMF canopy is faulty compared both to Kawamori's original drafted schematics and the TIA schematics. I guess the VFMF can't win em all :)

I'm just messing with ya, it looks perfect :)

I actually don't know if the new YF-19/VF19 Excalibur schematics from the Master File are more or less correct than the old This Is Animation schematics. And I certainly understand that most folks won't have those old books. They look about the same to me, though the VFMF schematics feature a little more detail.

Although since we are on the subject, I have noticed that the VF-1 Valkyrie fighter mode schematics in the Master File are a little off. The VF-1 Valkyrie top view schematic from the Master File is more detailed, but has a poor rendition of the cockpit canopy. The VFMF canopy is faulty compared both to Kawamori's original drafted schematics and the TIA schematics. I guess the VFMF can't win em all :)

I did notice while going over this that there didn't seem to be enough space between the base of the wing and the engine nacelle for an accurate stripe decal like on other 19s, so maybe I'll give the TIA schematics a try after all.

• 1 month later...

Markus and Daisuke start the story flying VF-4s, so here's a quick idea of what those look like.

attachicon.gifVF-4.png

Almost tempted to have them keep flying these over the 19 ^^;

nice colors on that VF-4! simply yet distinctive! I like it a lot! in fact all your work so far look awesome! Keep it going! B))