The suit itself looks great, it's just the cowl for me. I can't remember what Affleck's looked like.

Bingo. The Netflix-suit, below the neck, is fine and tolerable. It could be a more vibrant red, but otherwise fine. It's the cowl which looks terrible and ruins the rest of the suit.

Affleck suit was good except for all the S&M straps, buckles abd zippers on the torso.. I think the Netflix suit works with the theme, less superhero... more paramilitary/street. But yeah, I hope they fix that mask before the Hot Toys figure, cuz I'm not buying that crap. Maybe they can cut the nose line higher or something. It's not working at all.

Affleck suit was good except for all the S&M straps, buckles abd zippers on the torso.. I think the Netflix suit works with the theme, less superhero... more paramilitary/street. But yeah, I hope they fix that mask before the Hot Toys figure, cuz I'm not buying that crap. Maybe they can cut the nose line higher or something. It's not working at all.

Higher? I think that is the problem...it is too high. If the cowl covered his nose more I *think* that would solve the problem. I wish I could edit the image to show what I'm talking about, but if the cowl was just a bit lower, covering his nose it would look less....."squished" like he's about to sneeze or something.

Chris

Traditionally in the comics, the cowl is not supposed to cover the nose. My guess is that in keeping with the tactical/practical look of the outfit, they decided to cover the nose because it provides more protection. Which makes sense... if the whole reason that Matt Murdock is adopting that particular costume (rather than the black outfit he had been using) is so that he's better protected, adding armor plating over his nose is logical. But I agree that the cowl doesn't look appealing. While the overall Affleck costume was "meh", the cowl wasn't a bad adaptation as it was fairly faithful to the source material.

Ugh, to me it makes him look like he's congested.

Chris

So did bale as batman with his mouth always gaped open.

I finished JJ over my Christmas break. It was okay. tenant was delightful as always and that's about it. Didn't really care for anyone else or much of the story.

Higher? I think that is the problem...it is too high. If the cowl covered his nose more I *think* that would solve the problem. I wish I could edit the image to show what I'm talking about, but if the cowl was just a bit lower, covering his nose it would look less....."squished" like he's about to sneeze or something.

Chris

Higher or lower... but the Daredevil mask doesn't come down to a point on the tip of the nose like Batman's. So the only other thing to try would be to totally do away with the nose piece up close to the bridge. But yeah... i like the actor,en back in Broadway Empire, but he just doesn't have the face for a superhero mask.

Traditionally in the comics, the cowl is not supposed to cover the nose. My guess is that in keeping with the tactical/practical look of the outfit, they decided to cover the nose because it provides more protection. Which makes sense... if the whole reason that Matt Murdock is adopting that particular costume (rather than the black outfit he had been using) is so that he's better protected, adding armor plating over his nose is logical. But I agree that the cowl doesn't look appealing. While the overall Affleck costume was "meh", the cowl wasn't a bad adaptation as it was fairly faithful to the source material.

Higher or lower... but the Daredevil mask doesn't come down to a point on the tip of the nose like Batman's. So the only other thing to try would be to totally do away with the nose piece up close to the bridge. But yeah... i like the actor,en back in Broadway Empire, but he just doesn't have the face for a superhero mask.

Ah, I was not aware of that aspect of Dardevils cowl...that it didn't cover the nose. Hmmm, well...yeah, I guess you guys are right that Charlie just doesn't have the face for the mask. Lol! I really like him in the role, but something isn't jiving with the mask. Like supersenpai said if they are going for the more practical look then why not just go the extra inch and cover the nose all the way. It wouldn't have to cup the nose like Batman's does just extend down enough to cover the nose, for protection, and would then just make the face appear to be a little longer. Oh well, not in my control. I'm sure I'll love the second season as I did the first. ;)

Chris

Edited by Dobber

Ah, I was not aware of that aspect of Dardevils cowl...that it didn't cover the nose. Hmmm, well...yeah, I guess you guys are right that Charlie just doesn't have the face for the mask.

Or it's just the mask. When you compare the piece of cloth covering his face with the suit's cowl-piece, the piece of cloth looks infinitely better. Whoever designed that cowl should be shot. It just looks awful.

• 2 weeks later...

Is this a thing now, or just a hope?

It's a very-preliminary-but-not-unreasonable rumor. I think most of the articles I've seen on it basically amount to "Marvel TV wants to make a Punisher series". Of course, wanting to make something and actually going through the steps to do it are two different things. Considering the popularity of Punisher and the built-in audience, I wouldn't at all be surprised if this actually happens. And if John Bernthal's Punisher performance in season 2 of Daredevil is as good as the hype train says it is, chances are high that this will happen. On the other hand, Marvel/Netflix has already committed to a second season of JJ, as well as premier seasons of Iron Fist and Luke Cage, all while releasing the team-up show by its contractually required date. That's a pretty crowded slate, and doesn't bode well for them getting Punisher into the mix anytime soon.

• 4 weeks later...

That trailer is amazing...

Also, the mask in some of those shots work better. More rounder edges. It looks like it got damaged too. I wonder if it got replaced at some point.

Can't wait!

Some people in the comments section are pointing out what appears to be a new all red suit and new mask, I think around the 1:50 mark.

Wha?

At the end after Electra it says part 2 of the trailer is coming at the end of the month. ;)

Chris

Also, the mask in some of those shots work better. More rounder edges. It looks like it got damaged too. I wonder if it got replaced at some point.

Some people in the comments section are pointing out what appears to be a new all red suit and new mask, I think around the 1:50 mark.

Nah. Just lighting. Still the same gawd awful mask. The mask has a "gash" across the face at 1:50. Definitely gets damaged. Hopefully, it gets replaced with something that looks better (I can hope can't I).