• 3 weeks later...

yeah. I thought she was so cute and petite in Breaking Bad but she looked tall and lanky in Don't Trust the B... I like her though. I read the first book while at a friend's house and man... it's grim and depressing and that was before I got the part with the purple man. Looking forward to this.

Amazing trailer. Just like Daredevil, I feel every time they release new adverts this show looks better and better.

I think Krysten Ritter has charisma to burn. She's one of those actors that has the amazing x-factor the just draws you in. You're not quite sure whats going on in there, but you want to. I think this is perfect casting for Jessica Jones.

Edited by Mr March

• 3 weeks later...

When this thread resurged yesterday I thought the series started on the 10th... lol. I didn't open it because I wanted to see the series first, but after failing to find it on Netflix I realized it's probably not on until the 20th. :D

When this thread resurged yesterday I thought the series started on the 10th... lol. I didn't open it because I wanted to see the series first, but after failing to find it on Netflix I realized it's probably not on until the 20th. :D

Hehehe. Look on the bright side, there's a reason to binge during Thanksgiving vacation. ;)

I didn't really know anything about Daredevil, but I thoroughly enjoyed the first season and will be watching the next.

Because of how well that all went, I'll take a risk on Jessica Jones. I'm also curious to see David Tennant play a villain.

He was a villain already in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. And he's good at it. Creepy. ;)

He was a villain already in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. And he's good at it. Creepy. ;)

Ah. I might look into that then.

I've only seen the first Harry Potter film. Same with the Hunger Games. I've read the first book and watched the first movie, but haven't done much with the rest.

Good so far. A lot more of a detective story than a superhero/super powered vigilante type show. I know Alias isn't a superhero comic book but it did cross the world more often. It was more like the Powers series on the Playstation channel. But I'm enjoying the show a lot so far. It's way better than the full on detective/crime shows that are on right now.

Watched the first 3 episodes of Netflix new Marvel super hero series "Jessica Jones" and gotta say, we've got another hit on our hands folks! Easily as good as Netflix' other Marvel series "Daredevil", perhaps even better! Jessica, as played by Krysten Ritter, is a fascinating character, equal parts haunted and vulnerable yet a street-wise, witty and believably lethal action hero. The dialog is very sharp and funny, the supporting cast (including Carrie Ann Moss) are intriguing, and David Tennant's "Kilgrave" is utterly terrifying despite being nearly unseen thus far. I also must praise the gorgeous cinematography and the music is raw retro-film noir sexiness.

Only criticisms I have is that the pacing is a little slow, the series is kinda light on action and the action sequences are not as good as they were in Daredevil, basing this on just the first 3 episodes. But the rest is all win. Charging boldy forward with more as time permits. This is an excellent series and I'm instantly a fan of this character. If it all turns out well, I'll be watching a lot more of this show in the next few years.

I watched the first episode tonight. I'm definitely intrigued and like what I've seen so far, BUT, I gotta disagree with Mr. March.... at least so far. I liked Daredevil much better right out of the gate.

Chris

Wow... I finished it! I ended up liking it more than Daredevil. It was more evenly paced, but it was the tension that really brought it in. The episodes just got more and more intense as it went on. And it was also a very tight story. Every time I thought there was a hole in the plot, they really did address it within the next episode.

One small critique:

I thought the one storyline went on for too long. The fact that Kilgrave kept getting away over and over was a bit frustrating but it was very well done... like I said though, it's a very minor issue.

As far as DD vs. JJ, they're both homeruns as far as I'm concerned.