Not sure about this... maybe the right look but I can't see him as The Punisher demeanor-wise. But they did pretty well on Daredevil... will be tuning in for sure.

Jon Bernthal Cast As The Punisher In ‘Marvel’s Daredevil’ On Netflix

http://deadline.com/2015/06/jon-bernthal-cast-the-punisher-marvel-daredevil-netflix-1201440225/

bernthal-4.jpg?w=446&h=299&crop=1

Will they do a Punisher Origin unfolding over the cource of the season going from mild mannered cop to ruthless Vigilante or will they just plop Frank Castle into the middle of New York City killing Criminals in varied and inventive ways?

It's an interesting choice. He's been good in Wolf of Wall Street and Walking Dead. It's certainly a different kind of look for Castle than we've seen in previous casting. I'm more concerned about how they are going to write Punisher, as that's pretty much always been the problem for the character in virtually all live action adaptations to date.

It's an interesting choice. He's been good in Wolf of Wall Street and Walking Dead. It's certainly a different kind of look for Castle than we've seen in previous casting. I'm more concerned about how they are going to write Punisher, as that's pretty much always been the problem for the character in virtually all live action adaptations to date.

I liked him in Fury, as well.

• 3 weeks later...

I was just wondering if anybody else is watching this show. It's fantastic!

I heard a lot of good word of mouth from others, and I'm a few episodes deep. It has a real serial comic feel to it and it's very true to the books. It feels a bit too Batman at times, but it's still really well done so far.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daredevil_%28TV_series%29

Marvel's Daredevil, or simply Daredevil, is an American web television series created for Netflix by Drew Goddard, based on the Marvel Comics character of the same name. It is set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU), sharing continuity with the films of the franchise, and is the first in a series of shows that will lead up to a Defenders crossover miniseries. The series is produced by Marvel Television in association with ABC Studios, DeKnight Prods. and Goddard Textiles, with Steven S. DeKnight serving as showrunner on the first season, and Goddard acting as consultant. Doug Petrie and Marco Ramirez will take over as showrunners for the show's second season.

daredevil-marvel-s-gritty-avenger-351613

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am so used to the "work in progress" costume that when Murdock finally put on the "official" costume, it looked way to silly. Especially the mask. They really need to improve the design in my opinion.

I am so used to the "work in progress" costume that when Murdock finally put on the "official" costume, it looked way to silly. Especially the mask. They really need to improve the design in my opinion.

I felt the same. Didn't like his new costume at the end.

The DD costume looked better as concept art. This might have been one of those instances where something that looks one way on paper isn't able to translate seamlessly into the real world design. I've kind of accepted by now that comic adaptations feel like they have to give everyone armor, but the original design had that look while still being quite lean and streamlined. I think it might have also been a case of the actor's body not being able to quite support the original design. Charlie Cox was definitely in shape for that role, but he isn't particularly tall and doesn't quite have the look to sell the costume. That aside, I still thought the show was terrific and look forward to next season.

Daredevil-Costume-Concept-Art-Marvel-Cin

Most talk I've seen online is the suit is fine (needs the "DD", but otherwise fine) until you get to the head. The head piece needs to be reworked. When I saw it the 1st time, that's the 1st thing I picked up on. The head piece just looks awful.

I love the costume, but the cowl is definitely something the could be improved. i'm also hoping that piece recieves a redesign for second season. it would actually be a welcome change if they went "simpler" with the mask rather than more complex. His makeshift costume, while not practical, did have a certain potent aesthetic. Something like it, but a little more formal, functional and designed could be really cool, even if it is a visual departure from the comic book.

I'll refrase my earlier statement....the suit is fine but the cowl/mask just looks bad. The picture above doesn't even look too bad but the picture in Gakken's post #42 it just looks so strange....like his face is squished or something. The cowl deffinately needs to be fixed.

Chris

It's too thick on the jaw. and the top is too thick so that it takes away from his face. It's like they tried to mix Captain America's helmet too much.

Yeah, I also noticed the Avengers-Cap uniform-look when I first saw it. http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=42265&p=1191630

The concept art feels like they intended for a thinner framed actor compared to how Charlie Cox turned out.

I actually like the original concept art. Let's face it, we weren't going to get the skin-tight red costume from the comics. Look at every single costume that's been adapted by Marvel Studios, and everything's been given a "tactical" look, for lack of a better word. That being said, I agree with comments that cowl looks funny. My guess is that going with the practical aesthetic, they though that the cowl should resemble a helmet, and that it should cover his nose since he's probably going to get punched there a whole bunch. I also think that Charlie Cox lacks the prominent, square jaw that typifies the superhero look.

As for the rest of the outfit, it's pretty apparent that once it actually was made and had all those panels and armor pieces attached, it got pretty bulky and wouldn't be able to show off a muscular physique. Charlie Cox also has a relative small torso, which again doesn't quite capture the superhero proportions that you see in comic art. No insult intended -- I'm sure he worked his ass off and was in terrific shape, but every human body is different and no matter how fit you get, some folks will never be able to nail that look.

daredevil.jpg?w=590

compared to this

555a80e4613ee.jpg

The suit could definitely use some work, as for the Punisher stuff, I didn't expect brains and blood splattered over every scene he's in, I have the utmost faith in Marvel, season 1 was great and I am more then confident they will do The Punisher justice, I don't think they would attempt to adapt him themselves if they weren't confident they could appease the fans and make the character shine. Also, I really don't want/need blood and guts everywhere, as others have said, if it's up to snuff with season 1's violence, I'd be fine with that, did people actually somehow expect hyper violent over the top crap violence like that second, or uh third, live action Punished movie with the british guy? That was terrible, and not what I'd want to see in any form.

I think its just a simple case of the shapes and the actors body not working together.

The belt seems too high and makes him look squat.

The chest plates are confusing and weirdly placed.

The mask as we mentioned is too far forward, bulky, and too far up on his jaw.

They should do a face mask similar to the arrows, and build the helmet around it. Very thin and tight.

Then look to the flash for making the suit more streamlined.

hgtm7jL.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...