Untitled Neil Blomkamp directed Alien project

Kanedas Bike

Totally different, as in Alien was a good film. I would have been fine with the pure science direction but it was just too afraid again to be it's own thing. They wanted LV-426 but not quite, they wanted xenomorphs but not quite. They were so afraid of going one way or the other that the script went no where. The look was gorgeous, most of the cast was exceptional... the script was a total disaster.

Guest davidwhangchoi

saw it opening night (thurday late night/early friday midnight showing and everyone was hyped about it... everyone was dead quiet glued to the screen. we heard alot of hush! shh!. alot of alien fans... it was good, suspenseful and interesting up until the point the girl's walking away from the dramatic operating table scene and everyone walks by, ignores her, just starts to plan for the next operation...

everyone at that point just starts laughing and couldn't take the movie seriously. esp when they're running from a squid and rolling doughnut. we walked away thinking this was supposed to be alien 0.5 but it was alien 0.0001

I could literally hug you for posting that.

Please, please, please, please be true.

*Edit, have to add that I still want new "hero" characters to star along side Ripley and Hicks, direct sequel or not Weaver and Biehn are still kind of old to be running around with Pulse Rifles

-b.

Edited by Kanedas Bike

Michael Beihn on record stating "Yes" he will be in Blomkamp's ALIENS movie.

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/2015/03/01/michael-beihn-contacted-about-alien-5/

Michael Beihn was at a convention, asked by people if he had been contacted over returning as Hicks, his replay, "Yes".

Later someone else approachs the actor asking "Alien 5! You doing it?!" Which Michael replies again, "Looks like it!"

Michael Beihn on record stating "Yes" he will be in Blomkamp's ALIENS movie.

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/2015/03/01/michael-beihn-contacted-about-alien-5/

Michael Beihn was at a convention, asked by people if he had been contacted over returning as Hicks, his replay, "Yes".

Later someone else approachs the actor asking "Alien 5! You doing it?!" Which Michael replies again, "Looks like it!"

Oh boy ! What do you mean they cut power man ?! Hudson SHUT UP !

I'm putting this on the "I'll approve after I see it".The last 2 directors in the direct sequel movies were pretty competent too.

Yeah, I'm gonna follow (but I'm like that with lots of movies these days). Ridley Scott is well known and well-liked, yet we still got Prometheus.

I'm putting this on the "I'll approve after I see it".The last 2 directors in the direct sequel movies were pretty competent too.

David Fincher had his hands tied by the studio and Weaver's "I don't want to do this anymore kill Ripley" creative control.

Jean Paul Jeunet is frenchman with a limited english vocabulary known mostly for comedic surrealist films that never should have EVER been allowed near this franchise.

If you're refering to Prometheus lets face it, there was nothing wrong with the acting or cinematography. The blame falls squarely on Ridley Scott getting BSed into a bad script by a guy who was at the time Hollywood's big hot ticket writer.

At least this time it appears Blomkamp has some creative control along with directing.

Edited by renegadeleader1

It's still not enough to get me excited. Each if those projects have their excuse but the original two had their own obstacles to overcome. Ridley and Cameron were despised by their own crew for different reasons and gave them both great cause for concern. Yet they both turned in classics. I'm not saying Blomkamp is incompetent, i'd just like to see what he comes with as far as the finished product. Of course i'll be pulling for him for my enjoyment's sake.

• 1 year later...

Not that I have any particular love for;

Alien 3 - actually, hated that one

or

Alien: Resurrection - didn't mind it ->enjoyed it- mostly because it wasn't half bad and I'm an admitted fan of Joss Whedon, and it felt like a Joss Whedon story

I'd be interested to see if the Blomkamp film will simply ignore those two, or try to work them into the story somehow.

Hope these movies work out and I really hope that Covenant and sequel can redeem the POS that was Prometheus.

-b.

So how is this gonna work with whatever bullshit ridley scott is doing with not-prometheus 2?

Mr Scott needs to take his meds as directed; clearly he didn't take them while he wrote/re-wrote Prometheus...

I hope Mr Blomkamp just ignores it

Mr Scott needs to take his meds as directed; clearly he didn't take them while he wrote/re-wrote Prometheus...

I hope Mr Blomkamp just ignores it

IIRC, the original plan was to ignore everything after Aliens...

On the bright side, it seems to have Cameron's blessing:

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/43961/weaver-cameron-talk-aliens-a-fifth-one

And so we wait.

IIRC, the original plan was to ignore everything after Aliens...

On the bright side, it seems to have Cameron's blessing:

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/43961/weaver-cameron-talk-aliens-a-fifth-one

And so we wait.

also gave his blessings to salvation and Gynesis and look what happened there? Then again, not like they really need anyone's blessing to do this. Ridley and Cameron didn't even create the franchise, they just directed it.

*shrug*

It was an interesting footnote when I read the article. I'm sure you're right that Blomkamp would eventually move forward with his film no matter what Scott or Cameron thought of it.

With regard to Alien versus Terminator, I'm not as bummed about what happened after T2 as I am with what happened after Aliens. I mean we did get two seasons of the Sarah Connor Chronicles which more than made up for T3 and Salvation. Genysis was entertaining IMO and I didn't find it as hateful as the other two.

With regard to Alien versus Terminator, I'm not as bummed about what happened after T2 as I am with what happened after Aliens. I mean we did get two seasons of the Sarah Connor Chronicles which more than made up for T3 and Salvation. Genysis was entertaining IMO and I didn't find it as hateful as the other two.

I agree. I think it stems from the fundamental nature of the Terminator universe, and what they did with some of the surviving characters from Aliens.

The Terminator universe lends itself well to being reinterpreted and re-visualized, simply because each trip back in time starts an alternate timeline. So, even if we lump T1 and T2 together in one timeline (which they may or may not be), T3 and beyond are all in additional different parallel timelines - which also niftily explains the changes in actors and characterization. The viewer can also disregard any and all of those films as they are ultimately inconsequential to the base setting.

The Alien franchise doesn't have that luxury.