Anime Boston 2015 April 3 - 5

I'm going to be hosting three panels at AnimeBoston:

Heavy Metal Heroes! A guide to mecha in video games

Air combat in anime

All you wanted to know about ecchi and fanservice but were afraid to ask

I will most likely be attending both the valkyrie and mecha panels the later of which I plan to unveil my Bruinsguy beargguy kit as long as they don't run opposite my panels.

VF5SS you're more than welcome to join my air combat panel as a co host if you want. I do plan on talking MuvLuv and Macross for a little bit. :)

Edited by renegadeleader1

that weekend is my bday, maybe i'll stop by. when is your panels? sunday admission is 25 buck :)

The schedule hasn't been released yet, so neither Veef nor I know when our panels will be, which has me a little worried since there are definately some panels and events I want to take in this year like the ones featuring the Godzilla suit actors.

If you go on sunday be warned there really isn't much going on , its mostly a day for scrambling around in the dealers room looking for last minute items. There is one panel I do like on that day, and its called Building Gundams with Overnight Security. Its mostly just an informal get together of the security crew who are just coming of their watch and fellow gundam heads to mostly show off what they got at the con and try to slap something together in the hour or so we have. Its usually pretty fun, and its where I got my "Sei's dad" nickname. Ever since the panel started I've been bring extra kits for people who didn't bring any, and helping with assembly.

Great to see Macross will be featured in a few panels this year. Depending on schedules (chaos reigns during the con) I'd like to hit up Heavy Metal, Air Combat and RotV.

renegadeleader1, what's Bruinsguy beargguy?

david, anime con birthday weekend, go for it. Sunday is kinda beat, the meat of the con is Friday and Saturday, not that it would not be fun but bang for the buck, i recommend Saturday.

Well I really did it this time. All four panels I submitted for Anime Boston got accepted. :)

Coming AB2015 Kancolle:The weapons behind the women!

I already know there's going to be another Kancolle panel dedicated to the anime and game. This one though is going to be about the historical ships they're based, the battles they fought, how they stack up to other navies ships, and the pacific naval campaign altogether.

Great to see Macross will be featured in a few panels this year. Depending on schedules (chaos reigns during the con) I'd like to hit up Heavy Metal, Air Combat and RotV.

renegadeleader1, what's Bruinsguy beargguy?

david, anime con birthday weekend, go for it. Sunday is kinda beat, the meat of the con is Friday and Saturday, not that it would not be fun but bang for the buck, i recommend Saturday.

The Beargguy is a mobile suit from the Gundam Build Fighters anime. The Bruinsguy is a model kit of the Beargguy I'm doing a custom paint/decal job based on the Boston Bruins hockey team. Its something I've been meaning to do for a long time since before last years AB, but life and the rarity of the kit has been getting in the way so it might not be ready. :( Edited by renegadeleader1

Well I really did it this time. All four panels I submitted for Anime Boston got accepted. :)

The Beargguy is a mobile suit from the Gundam Build Fighters anime. The Bruinsguy is a model kit of the Beargguy I'm doing a custom paint/decal job based on the Boston Bruins hockey team. Its something I've been meaning to do for a long time since before last years AB, but life and the rarity of the kit has been getting in the way so it might not be ready. :(

Congrats! Looks like the kaiju vs mecha theme will have some quality mecha content! Always bet on mecha!

I'd like to see that paint job! Sounds badass! Was looking forward to watching them play the Penguins today but got stuck with a long work day. I'll stream the broadcast :) Go B's!

Not trying to start a fire here but has anyone seen this? http://animeboston.com/news/article/505

Edited by Sharon Intel

• 2 weeks later...

I just got the schedule update for my panels.

Heavy Metal Heroes is going to be in panel 202 Friday from 5:30 to 6:30pm

Air Combat in Anime is in the Sheraton Fens Saturday from 6:00 to 7:00pm

All About That Ecchi and Fanservice is in panel 208 Saturday from 8:30 to 9:30pm

Kancolle Weapons Behind the Women is in panel 202 Sunday from 10:30 to 11:30am

schedule is subject to change.

Edited by renegadeleader1

I just got the schedule update for my panels.

Heavy Metal Heroes is going to be in panel 202 Friday from 5:30 to 6:30pm

Air Combat in Anime is in the Sheraton Fens Saturday from 6:00 to 7:00pm

All About That Ecchi and Fanservice is in panel 208 Saturday from 8:30 to 9:30pm

Kancolle Weapons Behind the Women is in panel 202 Sunday from 10:30 to 11:30am

schedule is subject to change.

We will certainly be there. Particularly looking forward to Air Combat in Anime clips/scenes.

A side note, I'm looking to bring my unopened copy of the amazon Cowboy Bebop blu-ray to the swap meet. I posted a pic on the swap meet forum http://forums.animeboston.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=19053 and got some responses but nothing really caught my eye. Anybody here interested? A bucket list item of mine is a Yamato 1/60 VF-11, I'd hand over Bebop plus cash for that.

One week to go!