Fewture EX Gokin Garland!

treatment

• 4 weeks later...

Looks badass. I hope it's not astronomically priced.

In reality, this would be such a heavy, cumbersome bike, and it would have to self stabilize during stops, since the rider can't put his foot to the ground. It's such pure anime madness, but the coolness of it helps to blur my practical side, if only for a blissful moment. Really hope it turns out well, and that I can afford one.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Huh, y'know, I didn't even notice that VF-1 outline until I read your post. I'm kinda VF-1'd out, but it'd be really cool if they made one where the various panels were removable to allow highly detailed inner mechanical workings to be revealed. It'd be prohibitively expensive for me personally, but somewhere someboby would buy one and hopefully post a couple hundred pics of the thing on Flickr for poor schlubs like me to drool over. Vicarious toy enjoyment and I are old pals. :p

• 1 month later...

Jeez these prices are getting ridiculous. Who do they think are going to buy these things?

Fewture makes cool toys. I'm super interested in their recent Getter Robo series but their price points are an instant mood killer for me. :)

HLJ has the PO for 37810 yen. That little discount doesn't soften the blow. Still, the thing looks gorgeous, and I'd love to have at least one decent Garland toy. The paint job and metallic finishes have me nigh to drooling.

I think I'll exercise restraint, though, for a review, and hopefully, it'll go on sale for around $200 sometime later this year. Hey, a guy can dream.

However, if reviews agree that this thing is solid top to bottom, I may just pay the asking price just to have it. But then again, if they make the Proto-Garland :wub: .... I'd rather have that. Damn my first world dilemma!

But yeah, these toy prices are becoming nigh-prohibitive these days, unless you work three jobs, eat ramen full-time, and have no life outside of collecting.

Edited by M'Kyuun

Preordered it. I know. It is very expensive, but hey, it's Fewture. Their stuff is usually very rare and gets more expensive by the hour after release. Besides their take on classic mecha is always fantastic. I love what they did with the classic Garland and it's probably going to be my only Fewture toy anyway so might as well be the Garland, a mecha design I like so much and that has gotten so little attention over the years. Also 25 cms is way taller than the old Yamato IIRC, if the toy happens to be solid as well, it'll be worth the price. My only gripe so far is that the bike looks massive next to the figure and that Shogo's face is not great. At least he can stand on his own this time.

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy