Fewture EX Gokin Garland!

treatment

I don't have the Yamato Garland's, but how tall are those compared to this Fewture one? I really like the design and it's going to be my first Garland mecha toy, but the price is the only thing that's stopping me. :unsure:

Per Lonely Soldier Boy, Yamato's was approx 20 cm or 8", and the Fewture version is 25cm, or 9.8" in height. Not much difference.

Given the amount of die-cast in this thing, I have to wonder how it'll hold up over time. While it feels good in the hand, and gives nice heft, it also takes its toll on plastic joints. And then there's paint to worry about chipping or wearing.

So Fewture makes the bodies die cast? I hope it's not the case, I'm tired of toys you have to handle like porcelain.

Don't worry, I've heard that their paint isn't perfect* so you don't have to fear damaging it during handling.

*see Chachipowers review of their Getter Robos.

Meanwhile, at the offices of Arcadia:
Manager: "How are things going with the new Garland toy?"
Employee: "Good, work is done. The accountant says we need to charge 30,000 for it though."
Manager: "30,000!!! That's insane. We'll never sell any at that price."

Employee: "But sir, Fewture just priced their Garland at 40,000!"

to employee: "Tell the accountant we'll do 35,000 and not a yen less!"

I wonder if the Garland will sell out right away or if we'll have time to wait around for more info on the Arcadia release...

I figure, either way, you're not procuring a high end Garland for less than $300, so you may as well be mentally and financially prepared. :) I think the choice will come down to whether you want a die-cast figure or a mostly plastic figure.

It's a good thing that I don't like Fewtures take on the Garland (too far off from the official lineart). I'm fine with my Yamatos Garland and Proto Graland.

It looks very playable though! Cool for all you people that like it!!!

If Fewture's Garland is bigger than Yamato's, then it really shouldn't be 1/24 scale. For that to work, they must have really upped how big a real Garland would be to make it larger in a smaller scale. Does that mean that the Shogo figure in Fewture's Garland is smaller than the Shogo in Yamato's?

At 1/24 Arcadia's Shogo should be the size of the old MASK figures (since those prototypes were made of 1/24 model kits it's safe to assume their scale is correct). I loved those, really fun to play with. If it's Perfect Transformation I'll try to get Arcadia's as well. MZ-23 is always at the top of my wish list anyway.

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

• 1 month later...

Yeah for close to $500 Canadian it's too risky for what may be a ET Vf-2ss situation. Unfortunately it's a pass for me as much as I wanted this. I'm going to be priced out of this hobby pretty quick if these prices keep going up. I remember the cms legions trend set's price being considered ridiculous at the time at $300 US.

Yeah for close to $500 Canadian it's too risky for what may be a ET Vf-2ss situation. Unfortunately it's a pass for me as much as I wanted this. I'm going to be priced out of this hobby pretty quick if these prices keep going up. I remember the cms legions trend set's price being considered ridiculous at the time at $300 US.

Exactly the same sentiments here. :(

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...