Arcadia 1/60 VF-0S & VF-0A

joppewo

Here's another reference from Valkyrie Addict's post over 'Custom DYRL VF-1J GBP-1S Armor'.

Hasegawa 1/72 VF-0S Reactive Armor | Yamato 1/60 VF-1J GBP | 1/144 TECT VF-11C Full Armor

*snip*

Since there's so much armor....Arcadia, I would pay horribly scalp prices for a 1/60 VF-0S Reactive armor and VF-11C Full Armored

1/72 Hasegawa Reactive Armor, 1/144 TECT VF-11C Full Armor
Armor-amor_zps9c9e5b56.jpg

You may be right. I suppose I'm just not used to "bigger" scales in general. 1/144 Gundam, Yukikaze, and scale aircraft kits were my norm until recently. The 0S is definitely bigger than, say, most MG 1/100 Gundam kits, though.

It really depends on what their actual height is. ;)

You will really see their height differences when you start comparing a Perfect Grade 1/60 Gundam to a 1/60 scaled VF-1/0.

RX-78-2 Gundam - 18m

VF-1S Battroid - 12.68m

So, what is tampo'd and what is not on this (VF-0S) toy? I have lost track.

You can check @EFSF's photos.

More pics: Arcadia 1/60【VF-0S Phoenix】Gerwalk & Battroid!

2015-12-22-16.13.jpg
2015-12-22-17.09.jpg
2015-12-22-15.51.jpg

Quick Snaps: Arcadia 1/60【VF-0S Phoenix】feat. SV 51!

Early release of Arcadia, again, high price without markings... eventually Arcade might fail comparing with Bandai DX series?
2015-12-21-21.51.jpg
2015-12-21-21.jpg
Edited by no3ljm

Mine's on the way as well. Haven't paid attention to the tracking, but it's flying in soon. Off topic, I'm more excited about the Eotech Red dot and magnification set coming in. I bought the shapeways balls for the socket just in case.

sorry if I missed the conversation about the specific tampo details but are the fast packs tampo'd with unspacy on the final version?

if so that seems rather strange that they would tampo those parts and not the legs!? I can see more folks displaying the valkyrie without add on parts than with..

Guest davidwhangchoi

sorry if I missed the conversation about the specific tampo details but are the fast packs tampo'd with unspacy on the final version?

if so that seems rather strange that they would tampo those parts and not the legs!? I can see more folks displaying the valkyrie without add on parts than with..

no un spacy tampo on the fast packs

I want it in Roy's scheme too. And I understand everyone's sentiments regarding the tampo prints, price point and whatnot. But we're already beyond that. Mr.K already posted a blog about the price increase before. It's either we accept it or don't buy their products anymore because it's missing this, and it's missing that. It's why I already gave up hope and expectations from this company when it comes with tampo prints. :unsure: But either way, I'm still buying their VF-0S. :rolleyes:

Great pics, @EFSF! :wub:

I'm curious though on the left shoulder armor (the one on right area of the photo). On the black paint area towards the bottom, I notice some minor scratch at the edge of the black paint. Is that from transformi

just saw it... perhaps....

Hi welcome aboard!

listen to your heart and GO FOR IT! my "logic" ;) is you only live once so fire away!!! :p:D

I listened to my heart, ordered one and it just arrived! :lol:

First time in my life I spent so much for a toy/figure :blink:

Arcadia is expensive.

post-31031-0-82999000-1450871205_thumb.jpg

post-31031-0-94863600-1450871214_thumb.jpg

Edited by unlogic

Just sitting over here waiting for someone to give the legs a good yank and see the resulting pics..... I wouldn't mind having the Roy..but NOT until I hear about 100% QC on the leg issue when I'm dropping this kind of coin.

I'd love to help you with this but HLJ didn't get off their asses and ship right away so instead of showing up tomorrow they'll be showing up next week on the 29th.

Guest davidwhangchoi

alright! everyone's getting or about to be shipped! looking forward to reading everyone's thoughts of it after Christmas.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I listened to my heart, ordered one and it just arrived! :lol:

First time in my life I spent so much for a toy/figure :blink:

Arcadia is expensive.

Congrats! Here's to many more in the future!

Good job, Spanner!

Call it blasphemy but I almost like this better than the vf-1s...

Call it blasphemy but I almost like this better than the vf-1s...

To be fair, it pretty much IS the VF-1. You know, a "Ver. Ka" VF-1, if you will. It surprises me that Kawamori et al haven't gone about "officially" updating their 80s/90s designs the way Sunrise has... multiple times. The VF-0 kind of fills that role, as does the VF-25 to a lesser extent, but not the VF-1 itself.

To be fair, it pretty much IS the VF-1. You know, a "Ver. Ka" VF-1, if you will. It surprises me that Kawamori et al haven't gone about "officially" updating their 80s/90s designs the way Sunrise has... multiple times. The VF-0 kind of fills that role, as does the VF-25 to a lesser extent, but not the VF-1 itself.

Because there's no need to update the VF-1 since it's based on real plane when it was first designed. Majority of the valk designs is just done by Kawamori, whereas Gundams, mainly RX-78, have different designer for each incarnation or interpretation. Besides, IF they did update the VF-1's designs, they need to incorporate it to the story. And the only time that the VF-1 had 'updates' (VF-1J's new head design and paint patterns) is in the Macross The First manga.

But yeah, I'm curious also to see an updated VF-1 ala-Ver.Ka approach. Hmmm. Come to think of it, it reminds me of the look of the DX 1/35 VF-1 that was displayed on the Tamashii show month ago. That's the nearest one I could think of as an update because of how it looks, detail-wise. ;)