Arcadia 1/60 VF-0S & VF-0A

joppewo

Any tips on how to pry the thigh apart? In the video it just separates for you... I'm not having that kind of luck... almost feels glued.

No rush, before i do anything I'm going to see if HLJ will let me return it for a refund. I don't need a Shin VF-0A anyway...

The intake section, or the thigh parts secured with the metal pin? I had taken those pieces off a half dozen times by the time I made that video. The first time I separated them it was tough as hell. No glue from what I could tell. The intake halves are glued in with 2 plastic pins as I mentioned in the video. Let me know if I can help.

Edited by ChaoticYeti

HLJ says that since it's been 16 days since I received the item they can't do anything for me. So for all of those paying more at HLJ for their wonderful customer service, please note that you only have a 10 day window to experience ANY customer service, otherwise it's the same polite "Go F yourself" that you'll get anywhere else. My bad for being busy I guess.

Has anyone asked Arcadia twitter about whether or not they're going to fix this issue on the VF-0S toy?

HLJ says that since it's been 16 days since I received the item they can't do anything for me. So for all of those paying more at HLJ for their wonderful customer service, please note that you only have a 10 day window to experience ANY customer service, otherwise it's the same polite "Go F yourself" that you'll get anywhere else. My bad for being busy I guess.

Has anyone asked Arcadia twitter about whether or not they're going to fix this issue on the VF-0S toy?

Some of the other retailers don't even give you that 10 day window.

Some of the other retailers don't even give you that 10 day window.

Right, I said that, "the same polite "Go F yourself" that you'll get anywhere else".

HLJ has the private warehouse. It's a good move for them. If they didn't all my preorders would be migrating right now to cheaper vendors.

Finally got mine. Color wasn't as bad as I was expecting but still prefer the Yamato color. Haven't transformed it yet but I notice the right intake wasn't connected to the body and seems impossible to reseat. My 0d had this issue too. Can't ever seem to be able to seat both intakes to the plane at the same time.

What is the deal with this leg problem a few people are having? Is there something I can do to prevent it before my first transformation?

Yeti figured it out, a hemisphere in the leg is a hair too large. There's nothing you can do, my latest one felt like it had come off whIle I was still in fighter just struggling to get the intakes to seat properly. All you can do is pray that a screw in the leg was cranked down tight enough to overcome the size issue with a part.

If anyone wants a cheap 0A that needs surgery, let me know.

Edited by jenius

NY charges 4700 JPY if you want to ship a VF-0 by EMS. When I bought the VF-0D from HLJ, I was only charged 2980 JPY for EMS. If one was to buy the same Valkyrie from both stores, I think you would save $12 to $14 US at NY given the discount. But, as noted, there are other reasons to stick with HLJ if you are buying from the US.

I avoid HLJ at all costs.

Hope to hear more feedback on this issue from the forum before cancelling my 0S pre-order.

Oh look HLJ sneakily posted their entire return policy right in a page called Returns, Refunds, and Cancellations.

https://support.hlj.com/hc/en-us/articles/204318480-Returns-Refunds-Cancellations

I feel for you on this one and I would be super pissed, but disparaging HLJ because you didn't read the terms of service isn't their fault. Not fair to crap on them like this was some sort of hidden gotcha and go frakk yourself move.

This makes me nervous about Arcadia products however, especially the vf-4 if they have shifted to a crappier factory. That toy demands high precision in it's parts to fit together correctly.

Oh look HLJ sneakily posted their entire return policy right in a page called Returns, Refunds, and Cancellations.

https://support.hlj.com/hc/en-us/articles/204318480-Returns-Refunds-Cancellations

I feel for you on this one and I would be super pissed, but disparaging HLJ because you didn't read the terms of service isn't their fault. Not fair to crap on them like this was some sort of hidden gotcha and go frakk yourself move.

This makes me nervous about Arcadia products however, especially the vf-4 if they have shifted to a crappier factory. That toy demands high precision in it's parts to fit together correctly.

It's not that they've shifted to a new factory, in the Mr K interview he said they changed the way they do QC. And I think it's pretty clear that's been a HUGE mistake.

It's not that they've shifted to a new factory, in the Mr K interview he said they changed the way they do QC. And I think it's pretty clear that's been a HUGE mistake.

I would agree. I could have sworn he said they moved to a new factory which was why the manufacturing costs had gone up, hence the rational for increased prices.

I said nothing disparaging about HLJ, I just posted their terms. I even said 'my bad for being busy.' Edited by jenius

It's always been 10-days returns-window since at least when HLJ started implementing their PW feature, iirc.

Kinda weird you didn't know about it after all these years.

Maybe you just forgot about it?

At any rate, yeah. Somebody(ies) start twatting and pestering Arcadia and Mr.K about this issue since it appears to be a manufacturing defect affecting at least some of the Zero variants released so far. There's a high probability that the upcoming 0S will also have this particular issue.

Edited by treatment

Why are we ragging on the 10/15 thing? I'd be annoyed too. We get it. Jenius was in the wrong for expecting some customer service from the retailer. The issue is the legs falling off. We all rant. We all want our $300 figures to be immaculate. This is a fairly questionable QC issue.

Why are we ragging on the 10/15 thing? I'd be annoyed too. We get it. Jenius was in the wrong for expecting some customer service from the retailer. The issue is the legs falling off. We all rant. We all want our $300 figures to be immaculate. This is a fairly questionable QC issue.

You are absolutely correct, this is making me re-evaluate spending $250-$280 on a vf-0s that might have faulty legs. Couple that with the only reason I'm interested in this bird is the design as I have no affection for the source material... Guess I have a month to figure it out.

You should re-post the youtube or pictures you have about this issue so that some fan(s) here or in japan can forward it directly to Mr.K and Arcadia. Maybe even re-post it at ToysDaily or Hobbylog.jp or some other high-traffic site/s.

This is quite an unacceptable defect for the exorbitant pricing they're charging for it.

You should re-post the youtube or pictures you have about this issue so that some fan(s) here or in japan can forward it directly to Mr.K and Arcadia. Maybe even re-post it at ToysDaily or Hobbylog.jp or some other high-traffic site/s.

This is quite an unacceptable defect for the exorbitant pricing they're charging for it.

They are in my sig as well:

https://imgur.com/a/mh4u9

Hips on my 0D were fine and ive handled 2 0A's (sold one) and legs havent popped off on them. I do take my time to pull the hips out slowly. On one of the 0A's it almost seemed one hip was stuck but once it pulled out its been fine.

Edited by anubis20

From what I recall from the interview with Mr.K, Yamato used to send some of their folks to the factory to further inspect their products. Unfortunately,this is not the case anymore. From my understanding, the factory sends Arcadia some random samples off the assembly line and if there are any problems Arcadia will send the factory some notes on what needs to be improved upon. I'm tempted to send Arcadia a video of the floppy joints I have on the 0D to show them the sloppiness coming out of the factory.

It's quick because we've got some really clever people who have purchased the toy and the VF-0D, which was released quite a while ago, had the same issue. So developing a fix actually started with that toy first.

The issue is the same and I have no doubt the 0S will be the same story.

Right. A lot of the new engineering went into the D and then that trickled down into the A and S. The point being that the A and S are not reissues of the original toys (and go towards covering the initial costs incurred by the D), while the 4 is.

These are discussions that SpeakerPODcast has had with Mr. K and have reported on in the past.

Edited by Tochiro