Arcadia 1/60 VF-0S & VF-0A

joppewo

Guest davidwhangchoi

Yes, and white of the same material.

nice! can you post if they are the same powered surface or different re: to friction. thanks! think of ordering a set in the future.

12 on a tree. You are right. Good to know for the future.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/83TU2TAE2/arcadia-zero-hip-nub

Mine is still ok but it wouldn't hurt to order a set just in case of emegency. And besides, I'm planning on getting a VF head. ;)

All this hip talk is making me cancel my preorder even more LOL

That's nothing compared to the discussions regarding correct colors. :lol:

I think he was looking for the Arcadia VF-0A and not the Yamato VF-0S. ;)

Mine is still ok but it wouldn't hurt to order a set just in case of emegency. And besides, I'm planning on getting a VF head. ;)

woops sorry for the incorrect link.

LOL They should make them in rainbow colors. I'm sure a magical unicorn will appear as part of the gimmick flying side by side :D

Just cancelled my pre-order on Hlj. In the end really couldn't justify the almost $400 AUD price tag. That's way too much to pay for a new toy. As consumers I think we have to send the right message to toy companies that there is a limit to how much toys should be. Otherwise prices will just continue to go up.

Just cancelled my pre-order on Hlj. In the end really couldn't justify the almost $400 AUD price tag. That's way too much to pay for a new toy. As consumers I think we have to send the right message to toy companies that there is a limit to how much toys should be. Otherwise prices will just continue to go up.

USD 270 in HK too.... expensive

If anyone is in Australia, pre-order this in TFIdownunder dot com. It's AUD350.

You are risking some people will slam you for Arcadia basher, despite what you said is very true. After all sellers charge what buyers are willing to pay.

I just handled my Shin VF-0A for the first time and I gotta say, it's lame. It's ugly. The colors don't work at all. There's a pale white over a pale baby blue/gray that don't really provide enough contrast with each other. The intakes don't lock together like they should, there's a scratch on the nose right out of the box. If the leg falls off in battroid mode I'm gonna cry.. during a video review of course.

While I do like the way it looks, I don't like having so many painted parts on a transforming toy, since more paint = more visible scratches.

I already scratched the paint a little on one of the rear landing gear doors, since Arcadia decided to make the doors completely flush with no way for someone without an Ant man suit to easily pull it open.

I just handled my Shin VF-0A for the first time and I gotta say, it's lame. It's ugly. The colors don't work at all. There's a pale white over a pale baby blue/gray that don't really provide enough contrast with each other. The intakes don't lock together like they should, there's a scratch on the nose right out of the box. If the leg falls off in battroid mode I'm gonna cry.. during a video review of course.

I can understand problems with functional stuff but I don't understand or agree with tour feelings on the colors at all. They pop, IMO, and it looks great on my shelf.

Edited by Mommar

I can understand problems with functional stuff but I don't under or agree with tour feelings on the colors at all. They pop, IMO, and it looks great on my shelf.

We all have different opinions...for my part the toy is great in every aspect. I will like to watch a review more focus in comparing the old one vs the new one, focus in functionality and no in personal opinions. IMHO

On the one hand, painted toys do scratch if they are treated like toys. On the other hand, getting a scratch out-of-the box does suck. That happened to me with a Roy VF-1S that I bought and I didn't have the painting skills to fix it on my own at the time. I ended up selling it on the forum to another member who did. The short story is that it all worked out in the end.

So, I would like to preorder the upcoming VF-0S but am conflicted. My options are:

NY: 29,420 yen = $253 USD

HLJ: 34,800 yen = $282 USD

I usually like sticking with HLJ, but a $30 price swing makes me hesitate. Also, how much different is the price of shipping?

Anyway, how reliable is NY? I know customer service can be an issue, but what about the quality of the toys they sell. How many folks have had issues with their toys out of the box?

Edited by funkymonkeyjavajunky

So, I would like to preorder the upcoming VF-0S but am conflicted. My options are:

I usually like sticking with HLJ, but a $30 price swing makes me hesitate. Also, how much different is the price of shipping?

Anyway, how reliable is NY? I know customer service can be an issue, but what about the quality of the toys they sell. How many folks have had issues with their toys out of the box?

Isnt NY sold out on preorders on VF-0S?

NY charges 4700 JPY if you want to ship a VF-0 by EMS. When I bought the VF-0D from HLJ, I was only charged 2980 JPY for EMS. If one was to buy the same Valkyrie from both stores, I think you would save $12 to $14 US at NY given the discount. But, as noted, there are other reasons to stick with HLJ if you are buying from the US.

I might say that pale VF-0A looks lovely together with the VF-4G. :wub:

21238311135_075e05b238_b.jpg
post-5552-0-60768400-1441346167_thumb.jpg

I agree with everyone else. Customer service is number 1 esp for us living here in the US when buying stuff from Japan. And I also wanted to add that extra difference from HLJ and NY is actually the cost of having a peace of mind. ;)

Thanks. The shapeways piece works like a charm. Very happy with how it turned out.

I had to tell you that the 12-knobs pack design have been rejected by Shapeways team in Netherlands. You can still update it and double check using the integrated 3D tool that everything is bright green.

If you update it soon Then everyone could make a new order and add it to the original order to still have shipping free. If you can't no worry, that would be for next order!

I had to tell you that the 12-knobs pack design have been rejected by Shapeways team in Netherlands. You can still update it and double check using the integrated 3D tool that everything is bright green.

If you update it soon Then everyone could make a new order and add it to the original order to still have shipping free. If you can't no worry, that would be for next order!

I saw that. I got an email from every rejected order, hahaha. Just under a dozen. The sprue is too thin where it connects, and they are concerned it will break off easily....which is the point. I am pushing my canceled order through "print it anyways". I'll post an update when it arrives. I am sure it is fine. The width of that connection is just over 1mm. Very printable, but of course not strong. It isn't suppose to be.

I saw that. I got an email from every rejected order, hahaha. Just under a dozen. The sprue is too thin where it connects, and they are concerned it will break off easily....which is the point. I am pushing my canceled order through "print it anyways". I'll post an update when it arrives. I am sure it is fine. The width of that connection is just over 1mm. Very printable, but of course not strong. It isn't suppose to be.

Hey yeti , will have you have the yetistands avail for sale anytime on your website?

Any tips on how to pry the thigh apart? In the video it just separates for you... I'm not having that kind of luck... almost feels glued.

No rush, before i do anything I'm going to see if HLJ will let me return it for a refund. I don't need a Shin VF-0A anyway...

Edited by jenius