Arcadia 1/60 VF-0S & VF-0A

joppewo

Isn't that arm made of metal?

That's why I'd like pics. To see exactly how it broke. Not sure if a plastic print would suffice, but it would be better than nothing if he is asking for help.

Edited by ChaoticYeti

Thanks, I'll post a picture asap. I'm not sure a plastic print will do, but at least it will keep the arm attached for display.

The tab is broken in half near the screw, hence gluing it is definitely not an option. I tried, but with the torque of the screw, the tab keeps breaking at the hole. Reminded me of my basic physics/mechanics class...

Sorry for the crappy quality, but here is a picture of the arm.

Photo%20on%202016-03-23%20at%207.51%20AM

Edited by Bishop

Guest davidwhangchoi

The left arm of my VF-0S broke, just where the screw connects to the large tab. It felt down of my detolf and hit the ground pretty badly. In dispair, I tried to glue it, but naturally, since it is on a joint, the glue is not strong enough. I really hope someone creates a replacement on shapeways... I found only replacement for the old yamato one.

On a positive note, I have a brown VF-1A 1/60 (version 1), that felt at the same time. The left arm broke also at the shoulder, but the gluing process was successful.

man that stinks... it wasn't a cat was it?

eUhACmS.gif

The tab is broken in half near the screw, hence gluing it is definitely not an option. I tried, but with the torque of the screw, the tab keeps breaking at the hole. Reminded me of my basic physics/mechanics class...

Sorry for the crappy quality, but here is a picture of the arm.

Photo%20on%202016-03-23%20at%207.51%20AM

It's hard to tell from the picture (it looks like it broke right where the screw is) but can u use something like a screw washer (and some glue) to attempt to hold eveything together?

It's hard to tell from the picture (it looks like it broke right where the screw is) but can u use something like a screw washer (and some glue) to attempt to hold eveything together?

Thanks for the suggestion. Yes, that might work... Probably if I can find two thin plastic washer, that might help to get some strength.

The cat pics are hilarious... I am the only to blame. It's a hard learned lesson, always check i anything is leaning on the detolf door before opening it. ;)

More pics...

Photo%20on%202016-03-23%20at%208.51%20PM

Photo%20on%202016-03-23%20at%208.50%20PM

The cat pics are hilarious... I am the only to blame. It's a hard learned lesson, always check i anything is leaning on the detolf door before opening it. ;)

More pics...

Photo%20on%202016-03-23%20at%208.51%20PM

Photo%20on%202016-03-23%20at%208.50%20PM

Much better pics. I see what happened. That is a tough break. Do you think you can remove the pin keeping the broken piece on the arm and mail the broken pieces to me? That would save me from taking mine apart. I can probably get decent measurements with mine still attached, but an unobstructed piece would be much better. Shapeways does offer metal as a material for 3d prints. Could be worth a shot. Continue through PM if you want to pursue.

Quick update: I was able to cast a replacement using alumilite kit. I had a little left over from a past experiment with casting and too much spare time and gave it a try. I don't think the resin cast will last long and sadly, the silicon mold broke apart, but it was worth to try.

Here a picture of the casted part.

Photo%20on%202016-03-29%20at%205.06%20AM

Quick update: I was able to cast a replacement using alumilite kit. I had a little left over from a past experiment with casting and too much spare time and gave it a try. I don't think the resin cast will last long and sadly, the silicon mold broke apart, but it was worth to try.

nice work regardless! B)) hope it lasts and gets you out of trouble! ^_^

hope someone could replicate it on shapeway for you. But for something that thin, I'd expect it to be made of metal or nanocarbon for a $300 toy.

sigh...

Sorry can't help. I'm still at the opened and displayed only in jet mode. Now it's with both 0A & 0S!!! Just a quick question, are the manuals to both the same so I can use the 0A manual to change the 0S?

Both looks great next to each other. Now you need to get the 0D. Transformation for the 0A and 0S should be the same except the head area. Dunno as I didn't even bother looking at the manuals.

As for the broken should piece, is the part made from plastic material where you could use Plastic weld or Bondene or something similar to fuse it back together? I dropped my YF-25 and snapped one of it's wings off right at the pivot. Used Bondene to fuse it back together and works like before.

post-7577-0-16588900-1459327720_thumb.jpg

Edited by wmkjr

hope someone could replicate it on shapeway for you. But for something that thin, I'd expect it to be made of metal or nanocarbon for a $300 toy.

sigh...

Exactly, this piece should have been metal, but it might have scratched the plastic/paint at each transformation.

• 2 weeks later...

Much better pics. I see what happened. That is a tough break. Do you think you can remove the pin keeping the broken piece on the arm and mail the broken pieces to me? That would save me from taking mine apart. I can probably get decent measurements with mine still attached, but an unobstructed piece would be much better. Shapeways does offer metal as a material for 3d prints. Could be worth a shot. Continue through PM if you want to pursue.

Bishop sent me his broken shoulder piece. I had a moment today to create a 3d model of it. I will pop it up on shapeways and see what they can offer.

roT49E1.gif