Arcadia 1/60 VF-0S & VF-0A

joppewo

User error, as in during factory assembly, or is he saying we are ripping the legs off?

Using the machine translator, Mr. K's response is pretty clear: "Might have been caused by the individual." It's a bold statement, becuase I don't think anyone is intentionally "hulking out" and stressing that joint to its breaking point. I'm still unclear as to why those parts aren't set properly with adhesive. And it isn't just those parts. Other plastic on die-cast parts are prone to popping off on the new VF-0 Valkyries. It makes me wonder about the glue Arcadia is using.

And it also reminds me of Arcadia's VF-1 reissues: there were reports of adhesive failures on those too (with fins and stuff falling off). I don't think it means much at this point, but I'm just speculating on possible causes...

Extending the hips isn't what is causing the leg to come off. The ball is too big for the metal socket. The metal socket isn't closing around the ball. The ball can slip out of the socket from rotation without pulling. I can't speak for everyone, but based on my experience and reading about others, this is the issue.

Edit: Glue seeping throughout the socket doesn't help, either.

Edited by ChaoticYeti

Woah... So glad I cancelled my pre-order. At almost $400 AUD a 'pop' it's too much of a risk for me to take.

But wait a min, the legs are not broken and will pop back in right?

The hip socket doesnt close on the ball joint. Plus depending on seepage, extra glue basically glues the half plastic ball to the metal socket.

So no, it doesnt pop back in, but requires opening the leg, and tightening the socket and loosening the plastic ball. I havent heard of anyone popping back in. If yes, please share...

If you leave it in fighter mode, its basically ok, as there isnt any hip action.

But because 0s is prep for reactive armour, battroid is a must....am hoping there would be indications at release time on how sturdy it is...

Also, the more people that fix it themselves and don't complain - the less likely they are to fix it in future releases.

Sticking it on the retailers is the best bet, as they will complain directly back to the factory.

That's one bad thing about shapeways, people are inclined to fix it because of the muddled lines of communications to japan. They want the toy so bad they don't expect enough for their dollar. It's awesome people can fix things, or improve on things, but it's not always good for the general consumer or the line in the long run.

Just another thing to lay at the feet of Harmony ghoul.

Edited by Gakken85

I don't know that Twitter would be the best way of communicating this, a bit too public of a forum. It's not like they can say "yeah, we muffed it" to everyone who has bought one.

it's not about having them admit it, it's about them having to face it and hopefully fix it.

Extending the hips isn't what is causing the leg to come off. The ball is too big for the metal socket. The metal socket isn't closing around the ball. The ball can slip out of the socket from rotation without pulling. I can't speak for everyone, but based on my experience and reading about others, this is the issue.

Edit: Glue seeping throughout the socket doesn't help, either.

Gotcha. It probably would be better to have a trusted source give a more detailed description of the problem, then.

Also, the more people that fix it themselves and don't complain - the less likely they are to fix it in future releases.

Sticking it on the retailers is the best bet, as they will complain directly back to the factory.

That's one bad thing about shapeways, people are inclined to fix it because of the muddled lines of communications to japan. They want the toy so bad they don't expect enough for their dollar. It's awesome people can fix things, or improve on things, but it's not always good for the general consumer or the line in the long run.

Just another thing to lay at the feet of Harmony ghoul.

I messaged amiami when it happened. They told me they weren't going to help, and that I should file an insurance claim through Japan Post. They told me there is no way that it was faulty from Arcadia, and that it was somehow damaged during shipping causing the leg to come off. I suppose your best bet is to be Japanese, and live in Japan.

Yeah.

I don't think any japan-shops other than HLJ will accept returns, so major bummer for you guys who purchased this crappy 0A..

HLJ might not even accept returns now, but try it anyway if you are not satisfied with it.

Don't hold your breathe for Mr.K and/or Arcadia to publicly acknowledge this issue as their fault.

Such a huge FAIL on Arcadia.

Guest davidwhangchoi

anubis20 and superhobo, i just saw that your posts on twitter, thank you for posting this to Mr. K.

i haven't transformed any of the 0d and 0a 's i have past gerwalk, but i think i'll try today, still can't figure out how to swing out the arms from gerwalk.

anubis20 and superhobo, i just saw that your posts on twitter, thank you for posting this to Mr. K.

i haven't transformed any of the 0d and 0a 's i have past gerwalk, but i think i'll try today, still can't figure out how to swing out the arms from gerwalk.

Hey David. I remember suggesting on how to swing the arm out from Fighter mode since for sure it will hit the back part of the thigh and that triangle on the side so that you won't have any paint scratches. Before you swing out the arms, make sure you angle up a little those shoulder armors so that it will not hit each other and not to hit the back part of the thigh. Once you swing one arm, cover the area with your fingers the shoulder armors where the triangle might hit when you lock them in place.

I messaged amiami when it happened. They told me they weren't going to help, and that I should file an insurance claim through Japan Post. They told me there is no way that it was faulty from Arcadia, and that it was somehow damaged during shipping causing the leg to come off. I suppose your best bet is to be Japanese, and live in Japan.

Well - stop buying from AMIAMI just because they are 5-10 bucks cheaper. They suck. I amazed people shop with them honestly. They are rude and act like you're doing them a favor.

But more generally just stop buying Arcadia I suppose.

HLJ will work with you at least, and are aware of companies with less than stellar reputations for QA.

The VF1 were sub 100 dollar toys at the time, yes?

This is a 300 dollar toy.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Hey David. I remember suggesting on how to swing the arm out from Fighter mode since for sure it will hit the back part of the thigh and that triangle on the side so that you won't have any paint scratches. Before you swing out the arms, make sure you angle up a little those shoulder armors so that it will not hit each other and not to hit the back part of the thigh. Once you swing one arm, cover the area with your fingers the shoulder armors where the triangle might hit when you lock them in place.

Hey noel, i cant seem to swing out the arms. I dont want to force anything but it seems the swivels to swing out the shoulders are pitted deeper than on the vf-1. I was stuck on the tail fins last month until someone here taught me now im stuck in gerwalk, after reading all the legs coming off i just left him where he was.

post-14069-0-63425200-1447706496_thumb.jpeg

Guest davidwhangchoi

i felt the force on the right leg ball joint. i didn't even try to extend it. as some of you described the ball joint wasn't moving freely and all of sudden the leg came off without much force. i knowingly applied careful and little pressure knowing the symptoms. but it came off without much force. looks like i need to repair me leg.

Hey noel, i cant seem to swing out the arms. I dont want to force anything but it seems the swivels to swing out the shoulders are pitted deeper than on the vf-1. I was stuck on the tail fins last month until someone here taught me now im stuck in gerwalk, after reading all the legs coming off i just left him where he was.

Yeah, like Jenius said, you really need to pull the arm a little bit since it's pitted deeper compared to VF-1's. ;)

i felt the force on the right leg ball joint. i didn't even try to extend it. as some of you described the ball joint wasn't moving freely and all of sudden the leg came off without much force. i knowingly applied careful and little pressure knowing the symptoms. but it came off without much force. looks like i need to repair me leg.

Wow. Now I really need to inspect mine again. I know I left it in Battroid mode and so far, it's ok. And since it came off without a force meaning it's not a 'user error' as Mr. K implies, right? :rolleyes:

I really want my -0S

I really want it to be ok

I will open and transform it within 10 days of receiving it and video the whole thing

That way, HLJ can exchange it if it falls apart and Mr. K can decide whether or not it was "user error"

Oh no, not another one. Sorry, it's very lame.

That sucks. Update the poll.

does the poll require you to own both 0D and 0A to vote? I only own a 0D with no issue but was not able to cast vote. Just wondering if it's because I didn't answer all question. I didn't answer all question because there was not option for 0 when asked about how many 0As I own.

Sorry to read about the broken leg, David. That really sucks. :(

I've been dutifully scared into transforming my 0A tonight. Mine survived this test transformation from fighter to gerwalk to battroid. I looked at the sockets in the leg while carefully twisting and pulling at them to get a feel for any funny business. No breaks as yet. One side looks good and clean; the other side looks like it has some residue. I don't know what to think of that. I didn't notice any residue on my 0D.

Guest davidwhangchoi

i remember your post saying that the ball joint seemed stuck. i was trying to rotate the leg around for battroid and the right leg ball joint wouldn't move in certain angles so i purposely carefully danced around those pressure areas and succeeded to getting the leg swung around for battroid but once it tried to move it again the swing bar popped right out without much force. and i'm really careful when i touch my stuff. 90% doesn't leave the boxes.

Oh no, not another one. Sorry, it's very lame.

That sucks. Update the poll.

i haven't voted yet since i've only opened one box. as all of them were sitting in the brown shipper box. but will update the poll, i'm currently watching your vid a few pages back trying to open my leg.

those others are staying sealed and stored not taking any chances. the ball joints were both intact but one just seemed to have excess glue and/or the socket seems half open. . i stuck my leg back in and it looks feels fine and doesn't come off. but still can't rotate it compared to the other leg, i'm going to open him up to fix it the ball joint.

Sorry to read about the broken leg, David. That really sucks. :(

I've been dutifully scared into transforming my 0A tonight. Mine survived this test transformation from fighter to gerwalk to battroid. I looked at the sockets in the leg while carefully twisting and pulling at them to get a feel for any funny business. No breaks as yet. One side looks good and clean; the other side looks like it has some residue. I don't know what to think of that. I didn't notice any residue on my 0D.

yeah one side it totally fine, i'm sure if both sides were working i would feel more at ease. hopefully yours stay intact.