Arcadia 1/60 VF-0S & VF-0A

joppewo

I was thrilled to find out what I thought was some paint worn off on the nosecone of my 0A was actually just a smudge of something that rubbed off when I was transforming the toy. So, if you think you have scratched paint, you probably do, but if it looks that way out of the box you might want to lightly rub your thumb against it and make sure it isn't just a bit of dirt or something.

Talking abt the 0a colors, I thk its a unique color, I thk only the vf4 comes near ....and with its shape, looks like a truly navy spec bird!

^ This. ;)

It's mid-november now. 1.5 months to go. Getting excited for the VF-2SS. :wub:

Opsss... wrong thread. Hahaha! :lol:

For example, a pin vise is useful for drilling out broken tabs so that you can replace them with stronger bits. I learned that from a few of the modeling guys, and I was able to succeed in completing a similar repair to my MP Ultra Magnus some months back. The thigh looks and works great now.

Could you explain further how you strengthen broken tabs or provide a link?

Thanks.

Could you explain further how you strengthen broken tabs or provide a link?

Thanks.

Again, drill and pin. But you need a pin vise, some good adhesive and some drill bits that will allow you to work with the plastic that needs fixing. Also, you will need a pin or a paper clip or some other piece of thin metal that you can fashion as a support to hold the plastic together. The pin that you create replaces the plastic tab and should make for a stronger connection.

Here's the first link that I found with a simple Google search (see method #2):

http://figurefixer.blogspot.com/2012/08/generic-action-figure-repairs-two.html

If you also search the Macross World forums for pin vise, which is a hobby tool, you will find plenty of modelers using this technique in their builds:

https://www.google.com/search?q=pin+vise+site%3A+http%3A%2F%2Fwww.macrossworld.com%2Fmwf%2F&oq=pin+vise+site%3A+http%3A%2F%2Fwww.macrossworld.com%2Fmwf%2F&aqs=chrome..69i57.20727j0j8&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8#q=%22pin+vise%22+site:http:%2F%2Fwww.macrossworld.com%2Fmwf%2F

Hope that helps!

Edit: Changed the second link to a google search link, but you can get similar results if you use the advanced forum search to look for posts with the term pin vise.

Edited by technoblue

I was thrilled to find out what I thought was some paint worn off on the nosecone of my 0A was actually just a smudge of something that rubbed off when I was transforming the toy. So, if you think you have scratched paint, you probably do, but if it looks that way out of the box you might want to lightly rub your thumb against it and make sure it isn't just a bit of dirt or something.

Sadly I can see the darker gray plastic underneath the paint rub. :(

Wow. Looks like I'm cancelling me 0S.

I'm glad I skipped the 0A due to spending money on other stuff.

I never transformed my 0D so I'm not too sure the status there.

Has anybody sent this to Mr. K?

Edited by Gakken85

That gerwalk review turned hilarious with that unattached leg although i know it was not meant to be hilarious...no offense....

The reason the leg tab to the underside of the plane doesnt stay too well is because the other leg was unattached.

Once both legs were attached to the metal swing bar, they fitted in nice and tight in gerwalk mode.

Thanks for the honest review though...I was put off as well when the leg fell off, but after i got it fixed, really enjoyed the valk with its new proportions and handling.

Whelp. I've had mine for all, but a day and the hip popped right off. Yesterday I tried the pull out hip function and it worked fine. Today I went to pose the VF-0A for a photoshoot by moving the hip outwards and the hip joint popped right off. This is the 3rd and last Arcadia valkyrie I'm buying. Each Arcadia valkyrie I own has some sort of problem and this is the final straw. frakk their valkyries this is garbage. I've tweeted at Mr.K this photo.

DSCN8817_zpskorbg4og.jpg

Edited by SuperHobo

Whelp. I've had mine for all, but a day and the hip popped right off. Yesterday I tried the pull out hip function and it worked fine. Today I went to pose the VF-0A for a photoshoot by moving the hip outwards and the hip joint popped right off. This is the 3rd and last Arcadia valkyrie I'm buying. Each Arcadia valkyrie I own has some sort of problem and this is the final straw. frakk their valkyries this is garbage. I've tweeted at Mr.K this photo.

DSCN8817_zpskorbg4og.jpg

Similar to mine and jenius it seems to be the left leg..tho with yeti's i thk it was the right..

Guest davidwhangchoi

DSCN8817_zpskorbg4og.jpg

that sucks :angry:

i hope you're able to save him with a good repair. damn, freakin arcadia...

I don't care how good the VF-0S comes out if it still has the same hip design there will be plenty waiting to explode. <_< I always wanted the reactive armor for the VF-0S, but now I'm done forget it.

That thought has been running through my mind for the longest while as well...

I hope, if all you guys send this photos and video to Mr.K, ARCADIA fix this issue for VF-0S.

Anyway, Isn't this is same mechanism as VF-1? Why this have half-ball instead of full metal balljoint like FV-1 have? I didn't understand something?

Edited by Hey-Pi-Ron

I hope, if all you guys send this photos and video to Mr.K, ARCADIA fix this issue for VF-0S.

Anyway, Isn't this is same mechanism as VF-1? Why this have half-ball instead of full metal balljoint like FV-1 have? I didn't understand something?

My conclusion is they should have made the ball larger to handle the stress of puling on the legs.

It's a marketing ploy by Arcadia. Next year they're going to release special "Fixed leg editions" to get you to buy the same toy twice since there aren't a lot of repaint options. The good news is that you can keep your broken VF-0 toys for dioramas of destroyed VF-0s when the SV-51 toys hit the market.

That gerwalk review turned hilarious with that unattached leg although i know it was not meant to be hilarious...no offense....

The reason the leg tab to the underside of the plane doesnt stay too well is because the other leg was unattached.

Once both legs were attached to the metal swing bar, they fitted in nice and tight in gerwalk mode.

Thanks for the honest review though...I was put off as well when the leg fell off, but after i got it fixed, really enjoyed the valk with its new proportions and handling.

It might be true, but I would say that 1) people with legs still attached have complained about the intakes, and 2) my intakes didn't work before the left fell off. It's possible they're related (like if your intakes don't seat right you should expect a leg to fall off) but it's also possible there's something else wrong. After all, what would the other leg not being pegged in do to cause the other intake to fall out?

Edited by jenius

It's a marketing ploy by Arcadia. Next year they're going to release special "Fixed leg editions" to get you to buy the same toy twice since there aren't a lot of repaint options. The good news is that you can keep your broken VF-0 toys for dioramas of destroyed VF-0s when the SV-51 toys hit the market.

SV-51? talk abt more delicateness! :o

It might be true, but I would say that 1) people with legs still attached have complained about the intakes, and 2) my intakes didn't work before the left fell off. It's possible they're related (like if your intakes don't seat right you should expect a leg to fall off) but it's also possible there's something else wrong. After all, what would the other leg not being pegged in do to cause the other intake to fall out?

I think it had something to do with the weight balance as two legs attached to the underside of the valk meant the leg weight on one leg tab was halved, or in other words leg weight was shared when both leg tabs were in.

Thats just my observation after i had both of them retabbed in versus when i was struggling with just one leg.

So what are we going to do with the new SV-51s that break at the neck? Have our legless VF-0s shoot the head off? :lol:

When people are talking about the intakes not staying attached, is it the connection between the intake and the metal plate above them? For all the improvements over the first version, that entire assembly hasn't changed a bit, and it was always a problem.

That attachment point just has absolutely no strength to hold the intakes stable.

Edited by Chronocidal

When people are talking about the intakes not staying attached, is it the connection between the intake and the metal plate above them? For all the improvements over the first version, that entire assembly hasn't changed a bit, and it was always a problem.

That attachment point just has absolutely no strength to hold the intakes stable.

Am not sure if its the same thing but was commenting on the hip intakes connecting to the body via tabs.

On mine, the legs stay connected to the body after tabbing them with both legs on in gerwalk mode.

Cancelled my VF0S preorder. I'm waiting for reviews before I buy it. Sad I was so looking forward to it

Yea its kind of a bummer due to it being the 0s.

However, dont thk there is a rush to cancel yet until after some reviews have come out.

But knowing arcadia there wouldnt be pre-order madness anyway and you can still hv a chance to resecure it if reviews are positive.

Tweet as many photos as possible at Mr K and Arcadia. I don't care what Tochiro says about them knowing. They need to know that we know and we aren't letting them get away with it. maybe it will embolden any Japanese owners to start posting photos or their legless 0's as well.

On the other hand, there was nobody at Bandai we could tweet all of our exploding 171's to, but then only one of their releases had that particular issue as well.

Edited by Mommar

Can anyone translate the imgur guide I wrote up? The issue isn't a mystery. I figured it out and fixed it in 30 min. From other peoples descriptions of their sockets, they seem to be telling the same story as me.