Arcadia 1/60 VF-0S & VF-0A

joppewo

Ok. I was trying to decipher what Arcadia posted on their twitter regarding VF-0S preorder schedule based on Google Translate as what wmkjr originally posted and based on my little knowledge of Nihonggo.

Arcadia:

皆様お待たせしました! 明日8月28日(金)より「1/60 完全変形 VF-0S フェニックス」が予約開始予定! 今回は弊社メカ担「みすたーK」が苦悩の末書いたブログ「なぜ?アルカディアトイは高いのか?」も公開予定!お楽しみに!

Google Translate:

Thank you for waiting everyone you!

Tomorrow August 28 from (Friday), "1/60 Perfect Transform VF-0S Phoenix" is scheduled to start booking!

Blog "Why? Arcadia's toys are high?" That we mecha responsible "Mr. K" wrote the end of the anguish this time also will be released! Look forward to!
My take:
Everyone, thank you for waiting!
The reservation for Perfect Transformation 1/60 scaled VF-0S Phoenix is open starting tomorrow Friday, August 28.
This time, our company's head of mecha division 'Mr.K' will also publish a blog to end the anguish on "Why Arcadia's toy is so expensive?" Otanoshimini!
Bow. :)
Ok, so basically, Mr.K will explain why Arcadia's toy is getting expensive. Hope he explains why there's no tampo, why there's no waterslide decals, and why there's no correct shades of colors. ;)

Makes me want to cry after seeing too much Tan, Ube, Avocado and wrong shades of Blues and Grey colored Valks across this board... this one makes my heart melt and refreshed. :wub: Nothing ever beats the classic White colored Valks. ;)

Well... assuming that it's the 'correct' shade of white. But so far lately, there's no such thing as 'correct shade' at Arcadia. Hahaha! :lol:

Anyways, regarding the leg fins. Based on that photo, Arcadia painted it in reverse. The big portion now is grey instead of black? And still missing the red stripes on the head lasers. :rolleyes:

Yamato-VF-0-3.jpg

(Image from anymoon.com)

That light gray portion does appear to be white in the anime and the fins' colour should match the vertical strip on the other side of the leg.

I wonder if Mr. K. is also the head accountant? I would love to hear what they say though that sounds like the kind of thing that wouldn't Google translate well.

True. I just hope we could ask those Nihonggo gurus here to translate the blog/diary posted in the products page once the item is up. ;)

I'll be ready to preorder it tomorrow.

Me too. ;)

That light gray portion does appear to be white in the anime and the fins' colour should match the vertical strip on the other side of the leg.

Really?! Ok, PO cancelled then. :lol:

I believe they do that intentionally :wacko: Somehow they knew that we are quite obsessed with color correctness, they want that old Yamato holds its value by having right colors...

True. I just hope we could ask those Nihonggo gurus here to translate the blog/diary posted in the products page once the item is up. ;)

Me too. ;)

Really?! Ok, PO cancelled then. :lol:

I'm starting to think their sales aren't as good as they expected it to be. The YF-19 might've been ok but the VF-0D did have multiple cancellations. You know what would really help their sales and marketing? Providing support to overseas customers that make up a huge chunk of their sales. They're pretty much ignoring us while gleefully taking our money.

Edited by neoexcaliber

Sad to say, this is made by Arcadia and not Bandai. ;)

Umm, Arcadia can do it too. They actually did something similar with the 19, and even though it wasn't executed perfectly, they have made an ankle joint extend and pivot more than what they did with the 0D/A/S.

Umm, Arcadia can do it too. They actually did something similar with the 19, and even though it wasn't executed perfectly, they have made an ankle joint extend and pivot more than what they did with the 0D/A/S.

You have to remember that the feet design of the VF-0/1's is totally different design from the YF-19/VF-19's feet. VF-0/1's is more blocky than the 19's. In order to have a good ankle articulation, they need to do something that Bandai did on their model kit recently. Now, if they're going to add 'pull more of the ankle joint' then it's not accurate anymore from the line art original design. ;)

This is the only way for VF-0/1 to have more ankle joint articulation:

post-5552-0-33028100-1440662844_thumb.jpg

I'm starting to think their sales aren't as good as they expected it to be. The YF-19 might've been ok but the VF-0D did have multiple cancellations. You know what would really help their sales and marketing? Providing support to overseas customers that make up a huge chunk of their sales. They're pretty much ignoring us while gleefully taking our money.

First of all, we're not part of their market. ;) They don't cater directly to customers who lives outside japan. It's the retailers who sells it abroad. And we're just lucky the way it is. And probably one reason also is that they just stay away from HG's. We're not sure also how are they doing within their market reach -- inside Japan. Like how many did they sold just within their community? We don't know for sure unless someone from the retailers or insiders tells us that they sold more outside Japan. :)

Anyways, I'm just glad that there's a way for us to buy Macross goodness. ;)

Edited by no3ljm

You have to remember that the feet design of the VF-0/1's is totally different design from the YF-19/VF-19's feet. VF-0/1's is more blocky than the 19's. In order to have a good ankle articulation, they need to do something that Bandai did on their model kit recently. Now, if they're going to add 'pull more of the ankle joint' then it's not accurate anymore from the line art original design. ;)

This is the only way for VF-0/1 to have more ankle joint articulation:

attachicon.gifmv01_158.jpg

First of all, we're not part of their market. ;) They don't cater directly to customers who lives outside japan. It's the retailers who sells it abroad. And we're just lucky the way it is. And probably one reason also is that they just stay away from HG's. We're not sure also how are they doing within their market reach -- inside Japan. Like how many did they sold just within their community? We don't know for sure unless someone from the retailers or insiders tells us that they sold more outside Japan. :)

Anyways, I'm just glad that there's a way for us to buy Macross goodness. ;)

By huge chunk, I did not mean making up the majority but a sizable portion of the revenue source and privately-owned Japanese companies aren't usually eager to share their sales figures. Yes, we are lucky to be able to purchase these toys but it wouldn't hurt to have a better support system in place. The only recourse we have now are refunds/partial refunds from retailers which is a waste since most of us just need a single part replaced.

Surprise, surprise. More expensive than the 0A.

It appears that amiami's pre-order discount changed from 20% to 16%. I'm glad I'm moving my big orders to other on-line shops.

As for the value discussion, it will be interesting to see what Mr. K writes on the blog. These plain releases of the 0A/0S cost >2x their Yamato counterparts! :o I think getting the ghost boosters would have made the price easier to reconcile, but still...

By huge chunk, I did not mean making up the majority but a sizable portion of the revenue source and privately-owned Japanese companies aren't usually eager to share their sales figures. Yes, we are lucky to be able to purchase these toys but it wouldn't hurt to have a better support system in place. The only recourse we have now are refunds/partial refunds from retailers which is a waste since most of us just need a single part replaced.

True. I know what you mean. I would be glad too if they somehow offer those replacement parts overseas as well. But I guess that's the price to pay of what HG did. :unsure: I mean, would it made a difference if HG didn't act too greedy on certain properties that they didn't created in the first place?

Hobby Link Japan is up also:

http://www.hlj.com/product/ACA82121/Sci

Wow! That's kinda high. Well, I already bought VF-0D and VF-0A so I guess I need to get this too then. Good thing I'm just planning on getting one. ;) With that price though, I'm now scared to replace the yellows with reds. Hahaha! :lol:

Hey Arcadia! Make sure you release the Reactive Armor not bundled, ok. :lol:

His blog in the arcadia staff blog is up. It's rather long but interesting. Also, interesting to see that discount is reduced across all retailers. It's suggested retail is the same as the 0A. $15 bucks difference ain't gonna phase me.

Edited by wmkjr

Canceled my 0A in favor of the 0S. At this price, I can't convince myself to buy all these variants. They cost more than the YF-19 did (for me at least) and I like the YF-19 way more than the VF-0.

With reactive armor, might be looking at an almost $400 price point...

His blog in the arcadia staff blog is up. It's rather long but interesting. Also, interesting to see that discount is reduced across all retailers. It's suggested retail is the same as the 0A. $15 bucks difference ain't gonna phase me.

Care to share what you can translate from his blog. Curious too since my Nihonggo is not that good anymore. Last I spoke Nihonngo was way back in the mid 80's and I'm not 10 back then to remember everything. ;)

Preordered at HLJ!!!

If they later release the reactive armor bundled I'm going to be extremely pissed!!!

Preordered as well at HLJ!!!

And yes, I will be pissed too. Hahaha! :lol:

Canceled my 0A in favor of the 0S. At this price, I can't convince myself to buy all these variants. They cost more than the YF-19 did (for me at least) and I like the YF-19 way more than the VF-0.

With reactive armor, might be looking at an almost $400 price point...

Oh man... Now I'm thinking the same thing too. :unsure:

Edit: I guess, I will still continue all my VF-0 PO's including the upcoming Reactive Armor. I have a feeling that this will be their basic pricing from now on because of all those price increases. And for now, I almost got all my wanted Valks including the ones from Bandai DX lines so I think I'm good and set... for now. The only thing I'm just going to wait for them is to reissue the VF-4G (FB2012 or not). If not, and if they're just going to reinvent the VF-1's again for Ver 3, then I'll still look forward to it since I'll probably just going to buy 3 VF-1's. Hikaru's VF-1J, VF-1A, and VF-1S.

Anyways, looking forward to the VF-0A and VF-0S. ;)

Edited by no3ljm

I don't know Japanese. It's my Google -Fu. Translators are welcome to put a more accurate version. Just read the translation and could sorta figure out some stuff. Basically costs are higher because labor costs where they are being produced are rising, development and tooling, salaries for personnel, smaller company, product run size which most of us would guess could contribute to the rise. Also, he said because of the transformations there are a lot of parts, which means there are more tooling required for more molds. Parts scrap/failure rates from the factory and some more blah blah blah...

Edit: Big in Japan 29580yen

http://biginjap.com/en/completed-models/12590-macross-zero-160-vf-0s-phoenix.html

Edited by wmkjr

Preordered the VF-0S at Amiami and combined the order with the VF-2SS for December release. I'll have them shipped SAL. I'm not interested in paying for EMS shipping with HLJ's private warehouse if I don't need to.

What's going to suck is if Arcadia releases the same VF-0S if it gets released with the Reactive Armor.

I don't know Japanese. It's my Google -Fu. Translators are welcome to put a more accurate version. Just read the translation and could sorta figure out some stuff. Basically costs are higher because labor costs where they are being produced are rising, development and tooling, salaries for personnel, smaller company, product run size which most of us would guess could contribute to the rise. Also, he said because of the transformations there are a lot of parts, which means there are more tooling required for more molds. Parts scrap/failure rates from the factory and some more blah blah blah...

Edit: Big in Japan 29580yen

http://biginjap.com/en/completed-models/12590-macross-zero-160-vf-0s-phoenix.html

Yeah. I kinda tried that one too and figure out most of things. I just hope that this is not the end for them since it's not confirmed if they have the license back again nor announce what's the next Valk after the 0S. But one thing I'm sure is that I'm all set since I didn't get most of the variants and I'm just concentrating somehow on the red and black stripe motif thing. So for now, I'm all good. And since I have a feeling that their standard prices nowadays is kinda high, might as well pass on the rest of them. But if ever they will reissue again some, I might reconsider if the price is right. ;)

Anyways, that price with BIg in Japan is cheaper with shipping included. But I haven't tried them yet so I don't know anything regarding customer services just in case there will be problems in the future. Will go with HLJ for now. ^_^

Preordered the VF-0S at Amiami and combined the order with the VF-2SS for December release. I'll have them shipped SAL. I'm not interested in paying for EMS shipping with HLJ's private warehouse if I don't need to.

What's going to suck is if Arcadia releases the same VF-0S if it gets released with the Reactive Armor.

When that happens, time to sell the single released VF-0S then. :unsure: But that will be next year so if ever there's time again to save. I'm just glad that I preordered both VF-2SS and VF-0S over HLJ so I can somehow save some fees from shipping. ;)