Arcadia 1/60 VF-0S & VF-0A

joppewo

I know it's been said before, but for God's sake Arcadia, you need to start milking moulds (a la Bandai)

If Wonderfest 2016 doesn't have a VF-0D in the VF-31esque scheme above, you're missing a trick and will follow in the illustrious steps of your predecessors Yamato.

I'm still on the fence with the -0D and this has muddied the waters further.

There better be a Roy -0S in the pipeline too.

Edit - Ok so there is a -0S - don't mind me

What are you talking about? Yamato used to milk their molds all the time and they were punished for it.

If the VF-0D blue turns out wrong, I'll probably go with a VF-0C. Anyone have some scans of the better-looking schemes for it from the Master File book, etc?

The only ones that I know of are the VMFAT-203 ravens regular blue /yellow tailfin and the low viz version in the Master File.

Got this from a Japanese Blog. The modeller did his own variation using Kurisama's Conversion kit.

post-7577-0-93501800-1423447073_thumb.jpg

Robodragon and Valhary have VF-0C customs too. Oh, and not wanting to state the obvious, Kurisama.

Edited by wmkjr

Well....if the current VF-0 barrage isn't mold milking....then what is?

But yeah....The VF-11MAXL's that remain to be made need to be websclusives...made to order....even as far as paid for in advance...Too bad Arcadia doesn't seem interested in producing stuff based on user polls....combined with non-refundable deposits....not sure how that would get hosed up?

I used to be one who bought multiples during Yamato time. Sometimes I bought 6 of the same thing. But with Arcadia pricing, unless it is something I really really want, I won't be picking up anything from them given their current prices they are charging. I have cancelled my VF-0D, and probably will not placed an order for the VF-0S and VF-0A if they are priced similar to the VF-0D as well. However, if they ever end up on HLJ sale :) then I might pick it up. Not going to get burned like I did during Yamato time where I used to purchase during preorders only for some of the items to end up at HLJ massive sales.

Excellent news all around! Stoked about all the Arcadia updates. I really hope they get around to making the Armor Parts for the 0S/A. I'm still hoping that if sales of these are good they'll do the rest of Sound Force and the more obscure Valks, even through web exclusives.

The 0S. Yesss. Finally. Gonna grab one. That was earlier than expected too.

absolutely! definitely in for both variants! I held off buying an original Yamato Zero due to all the problems and nightmare stories I read about.. So this renewal version is gonna be epic!

Although im wondering if the "A" & "S" variants will have any further design improvements over the "D" !? unless they did the development for all 3 variants side by side but managed to keep the other two extremely tight lipped!?

Now to wait for release or pre-order dates..

They should just do made to order runs for non popular Valks. That would ensure that people in the hobby with an interest got one, and then in 5 years it would be amazingly rare.

Charge more and make your money.

Collectors would get the rare stuff they want, Arcadia would turn a profit, and it would ensure collectiability.

They should just do made to order runs for non popular Valks. That would ensure that people in the hobby with an interest got one, and then in 5 years it would be amazingly rare.

Charge more and make your money.

Collectors would get the rare stuff they want, Arcadia would turn a profit, and it would ensure collectiability.

hmmm good point you have.. I must agree!

I totally agree. Another thought would be to release like three unpopular paint schemes at the same time (like Max DYRL 1A, Kakizaki 1A, and Alaska Base 1A). This would allow them to contract one production run of a typical size (say 1000 units) but end up with three variants (by just telling the factory to switch up the paint at certain points.

If the VF-0D blue turns out wrong, I'll probably go with a VF-0C. Anyone have some scans of the better-looking schemes for it from the Master File book, etc?

I went to the Wonderfest and the color seems the same as the previous Wonderfest and the Akihabara sample. Probably you won't like it. It looks a little saturated, not Max saturated, but still.

absolutely! definitely in for both variants! I held off buying an original Yamato Zero due to all the problems and nightmare stories I read about.. So this renewal version is gonna be epic!

Although im wondering if the "A" & "S" variants will have any further design improvements over the "D" !? unless they did the development for all 3 variants side by side but managed to keep the other two extremely tight lipped!?

Now to wait for release or pre-order dates..

Same here. I held off waiting for the rerelease and here it is. Even held off the 0D too.. too expensive for me. Been wanting one for a looonngg time now.

Same here. I held off waiting for the rerelease and here it is. Even held off the 0D too.. too expensive for me. Been wanting one for a looonngg time now.

yeah but don't hold your breathe too much in the hope the A & S versions will be that much if at all cheaper than the Zero-D.. Best bet they're gonna be at least 85% or higher of the Zero-D asking price..

[...] If they go on clearance, or offer up a new color, I might grab one, but I think the 0D will satisfy my curiosity about the new mold. :)

Yeah, but what will happen after your curiosity be satisfied and you know for sure this new version is a lot better? :p

Would be nice if Arcadia partnered with Hasegawa for a -0B/0C release.....would potentially open up the possibility for future Hasegawa/Arcadia goodness.....like, this.... [photo].

It'll never happen..... ;)

Didn't it already happen before? It's not like it was a very successful move but...

post-12283-0-80443700-1423470627_thumb.jpg post-12283-0-73865500-1423470641_thumb.jpg

Didn't it already happen before? It's not like it was a very successful move but...

Yeah...but starting with the 30 anniversario and then saying all other Hasegawa schemes would fail would be as bone-headed as starting out with the Milia DYRL Q-Rau and then saying no other enemy mecha would sell....oh wait....:(

Edited by jvmacross

I've never owned a Zero Valkyrie 1/60, I keep forgetting that these are nearly 1/48's!!

Always loved the OA design...can't wait for some front on shots to really check that sleekness !!!

Its the closest you will get to a new 1/48 - that's for sure haha.

....and with loads of die cast!!

The hairs on my neck are standing up!! As long as I get back problems lifting it up and swooshing it, I'll be happy!!

VF-0S! Wish really do come true! But it's too early, Arcadia. Thought it will be released next year. Hehehe. :D I'm so going to get super broke this year. Hahaha! :D

I just noticed that even VF-0 design is as same as VF-1, they didn't include any option parts for the sides. Anyways, looking forward to VF-0D and VF-0S. By the way, I'm thinking maybe they will leave out the Ghost Booster and just include the Fast Packs like the YF-19 release. What do you guys think? And maybe down the line they will show us the Reactive Armor just by looking on the slots on the hips and legs. Oh well, another wishful thinking and another way to bleed my wallet. ;)

I'm pretty sure the fast packs will be included like the Yamato versions as the prototypes on display have them on. The slots on the legs and hips are screw holes. As for the Ghost and Armor being released who knows?

Edited by wmkjr

@wmkjr

Screw holes? Oh well. That's ok I guess. VF-0S is already huge for my collection so anything add-on on this baby will take a lot of space in my small cabinet. Hehehe. :D But I do hope they release the Reactive Armor in the future. I rather get that, than the Ghost.

@Troyness

Based on Jenius review on Yamato VF-0's, it's just the standard elbow joint (90degrees). Looks like everything will be based on the VF-0D joints or this new VF-0's.

I'm psyched to finally get a 0S. The first release had been discontinued before I got into valk collecting, and I'm not about to pay an inflated price for a toy of dubious quality.

Hopefully we'll get an improved SV-51 down the line as well. I really want an Ivanov, but again, the same logic prevents me from getting one of the originals.

Were there double jointed elbows on the Yamato Zero releases?

Looks like that OA has it's gun held up pretty high.

If it follows the VF-0D, it has a double elbow joint and hip extensions.

Unless I'm wrong and the Yamato's can do these:

photo05_L.jpgphoto06_L.jpgphoto07_L.jpg

I'm pretty sure the fast packs will be included like the Yamato versions as the prototypes on display have them on. The slots on the legs and hips are screw holes. As for the Ghost and Armor being released who knows?

They have the ghost on on the posters, and the little yellow tag that says that the ghost is not included, but I guess that's the hint that at least the ghost will be done