Arcadia 1/60 VF-0S & VF-0A

joppewo

I think I'll hold off and wait for an updated perfect finish version. Not gonna risk the broken leg. 

Same here. It’s tempting but hopefully a PF version will be released sometime this decade. 

I was close to pulling the trigger on that 0A at HLJ but glad I missed that. 

As for the 0S, I handle my non-PF version more than any other Valk and the right hand has been supporting the gun pod most the time and luckily, no issues on either wrist or fingers. 

F592C9D6-EA8C-4FA5-B60F-C3237A1AA683.thumb.jpeg.ae40a38af639cc2494ea5c4c36bb7427.jpeg

• 4 months later...

I’m not sure where my replacement hip pieces are.  Can anyone find the link on shapeways?  My search came up empty. 

Edit nevermind. I clicked on shoulder pieces that came up and it gave me other options which had the hip pieces. 

Edited by ErikElvis

With the PF 0D coming, I was wondering if anyone with the PF 0S knows if they fixed the molds on that so there are no after the fact filing fixes like they did for the regular 0S release. Would be good to know that they went back and fixed the molds to remove those issues. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/28/2019 at 7:34 PM, Slave IV said:

With the PF 0D coming, I was wondering if anyone with the PF 0S knows if they fixed the molds on that so there are no after the fact filing fixes like they did for the regular 0S release. Would be good to know that they went back and fixed the molds to remove those issues. 

I am in the same boat, I could purchase the VF-0D normal at a much lower price than the PF VF-0D will be or wait. But worried both will have those leg issues which I really dont want.

4 hours ago, Dirtyboy said:

I am in the same boat, I could purchase the VF-0D normal at a much lower price than the PF VF-0D will be or wait. But worried both will have those leg issues which I really dont want.

I’m not worried about the issues since they were all fixed on the 0S but I’m just curious if they have fixed all the issues at the level of the molded parts or if they are still modifying parts to make it all work better. 

I suspect they had some 0D returns the first time around with a detached leg but thought it was a fluke. Then they got lots of 0A returns and realised it was an issue.  The 0S doesn't have the issue so hopefully we're done with those concerns BUT Yamato had improved their shoulders before they released the VT-1 and the shoulder problem resurfaced so... It should be resolved.... But we'll see.

In a perfect world Arcadia would offer a trade in program for people who bought the 1st OD (believing it was gonna be lighter blue and have good legs!) to upgrade to the PF for like $100 or something....<_<

yeh, I know, I need to put down the crackpipe...:ph34r:

5 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

In a perfect world Arcadia would offer a trade in program for people who bought the 1st OD (believing it was gonna be lighter blue and have good legs!) to upgrade to the PF for like $100 or something....<_<

They couldn't honor that with anybody from outside of Japan anyway...

1 hour ago, derex3592 said:

I'm sure they'd like to go out of business a second time. ;)

• 1 month later...

So I got around to transforming my VF-0S back into gerwalk mode and I am having a hard time rotating the foot back so it can have the proper gerwalk stance. It actually won't budge at all. Is this a problem with this particular toy or just really tight joints? It's similar to my HMR VF-1 where I can't get the proper foot rotation for gerwalk :(

On 9/14/2019 at 9:18 AM, Foblander said:

So I got around to transforming my VF-0S back into gerwalk mode and I am having a hard time rotating the foot back so it can have the proper gerwalk stance. It actually won't budge at all. Is this a problem with this particular toy or just really tight joints? It's similar to my HMR VF-1 where I can't get the proper foot rotation for gerwalk :(

I also heard the knees need to be extended before I can pull out/ bend the foot. Can anyone confirm?

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, valhary said:

This pics belong to the same issue a few previous post? or is a new one?

IMG_20190924_150810744.jpg

IMG_20190924_150554969.jpg

Those are recent update pics @sup3hobo from the TFW forum/ @SuperHobo here? Shared that show the cracks he initially found months ago. He reported that there has been no change for the worse in the cracks since and they are not affecting any of the functionality. 

2 hours ago, valhary said:

This pics belong to the same issue a few previous post? or is a new one?

IMG_20190924_150810744.jpg

IMG_20190924_150554969.jpg

Yup, those are mine. I had to take some pics and show Mr. K to let them know this is happening to some VF-0S over time. He acknowledged this problem and are trying to rectify future molds to not have this problem. 

• 9 months later...

Yep, bringing an older thread back to life. 

After taking my Yamato & Arcadia VF-0's out of the boxes and enjoying them for a bit, I remembered again that I do NOT like the hands on these toys. Has anyone out ever made or considered making Fixed-Pose hands for these? 

3 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

After taking my Yamato & Arcadia VF-0's out of the boxes and enjoying them for a bit, I remembered again that I do NOT like the hands on these toys. Has anyone out ever made or considered making Fixed-Pose hands for these? 

That’s my only issue with them too. I think the 1/60 hands fit but I never tried yet. 

Honestly, Yamato/Arcadia really sucks at making poseable hands. The only actually decent looking ones they've ever made were the hands for the YF-21/VF-22 and the VF-17. The rest were either passable or just outright bad. A great deal of them look like the original proportionally tiny gnarled chicken fingered hands of the 1/48 VF-1 with little improvement.

55 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

That’s my only issue with them too. I think the 1/60 hands fit but I never tried yet. 

I've tried the VF-1 V.2 hands but the pegs are to thin so sadly they don't fit.  

52 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

I've tried the VF-1 V.2 hands but the pegs are to thin so sadly they don't fit.  

I soon as I read this, I thought this

28 minutes ago, MacrossJunkie said:

What if you stuff some putty into the hole and then put the vf-1 hands in?

Or many other methods to make it work pretty easily. 

13 hours ago, MacrossJunkie said:

What if you stuff some putty into the hole and then put the vf-1 hands in?

That was my Plan B, however I would love to have a set of actual VF-0 hands. 

If I can find some spare Yamcadia fixed pose hands, I'll just have to customize them. 

I wonder if any of the articulated gundam hands in 1/100 or 1/144 scale would fit into the backpack area when in fighter mode. If they did, you could probably file down the ball joint into a peg and customize the back of the hand. I'm completely ignorant in how big such hands would actually be though.

So for the first time (because it just dawned on me) I tried to put the VF-0 Gunpod into a V.2 1/60 VF-1 fixed-pose hand... Nope, no way that is fitting. I'd either have to trim the Gunpod down or drill out the hands. 

Time to search for alternatives. 

1 hour ago, 505thAirborne said:

So for the first time (because it just dawned on me) I tried to put the VF-0 Gunpod into a V.2 1/60 VF-1 fixed-pose hand... Nope, no way that is fitting. I'd either have to trim the Gunpod down or drill out the hands. 

Time to search for alternatives. 

Crap! I thought I saw people using the hands with the 0 gunpod. Oh well...end of day, I’m not too worried about it. Yeah, it would have been nice if it came with fixed hands but obviously not a deal breaker. 

On 7/21/2020 at 10:54 PM, 505thAirborne said:

I did the same thing the other day with my yamato '0S and the hands literally crumbled into pieces.   Have any of you guys ever experienced this?  I transformed the thing like, twice the entire time I've owned it and otherwise it sat in a box.  I mean WTF man...

6 hours ago, myk said:

I did the same thing the other day with my yamato '0S and the hands literally crumbled into pieces.   Have any of you guys ever experienced this?  I transformed the thing like, twice the entire time I've owned it and otherwise it sat in a box.  I mean WTF man...

My Yamato VF-0's still seem to be fine, though a bit of a floppy mess in battroid mode. My guess is that it could be from any number of reasons ranging from environmental factors to luck with the batch of plastic used.

I often read about toys "literally crumbling" and don't get it. I don't doubt parts may break and luckily, none of mine have but I can't imagine what the scenario could be where a toy made within the last few decades, stored in a box could "literally crumble". Maybe I'm taking it to "literally" because I'm imagining these things turning to dust like they got Thanos'd.:lol: