Arcadia 1/60 VF-0S & VF-0A

joppewo

I've gone cross eyed from trimming No Step stickers. All finished now. Hopefully it looks good... or better than all plain at least. Arcadia's panel lines are... fun... to fill in with a wash.. let's leave it at that!

Lovely. :wub:

Hello Macross forums, This is my first post.

I have one of the new vf0a and I broke the landing gear.

I opened the landing gear and then when tried close back the landing it would not go in, so i pushed it in with force, now the little pipe on the side of the landing gear is loose, its got even a little crack.

How do you fix this problem? Does Arcadia sell spare landing gears?

hiKC20m.jpg

Hello Macross forums, This is my first post.

I have one of the new vf0a and I broke the landing gear.

I opened the landing gear and then when tried close back the landing it would not go in, so i pushed it in with force, now the little pipe on the side of the landing gear is loose, its got even a little crack.

How do you fix this problem? Does Arcadia sell spare landing gears?

hiKC20m.jpg

They do not, they might replace it if you're in Japan but otherwise you're SOL. I'm assuming you tried to put the landing gear back in after extending the feet?

Just a heads up that Amiami put up more of the discounted "damaged" box VF-0S if anyone is still keen

-

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-013462

Thanks for the heads up - sooooo tempting.... but after our really low dollar, shipping, customs and duties, that's still over $400cdn! If I didn't feel so burned by Arcadia twice before, I might just bite - argh.

Thanks for the heads up - sooooo tempting.... but after our really low dollar, shipping, customs and duties, that's still over $400cdn! If I didn't feel so burned by Arcadia twice before, I might just bite - argh.

The 0S really is the best release of the bunch. Too bad we had to go through two other iterations before they got it largely correct.

I want a 0s, but I'm still skeptical of that hip joint. I don't feel comfortable dropping $300 plus only to have it fail/break on me. No reports of broken hip joints on the 0s? Is it confirmed that they REALLY fixed or improved the hip joint on the 0s?

I want a 0s, but I'm still skeptical of that hip joint. I don't feel comfortable dropping $300 plus only to have it fail/break on me. No reports of broken hip joints on the 0s? Is it confirmed that they REALLY fixed or improved the hip joint on the 0s?

No report of broken hip in this forum...or any other place.

No reports and Mr. K commented specifically on fixing the problem on Twitter.

They do not, they might replace it if you're in Japan but otherwise you're SOL. I'm assuming you tried to put the landing gear back in after extending the feet?

yup. extended the landing gear, it would go in so i pushed in a bit then it broke. Now I'm sad, I realized I should not have done that.

yup. extended the landing gear, it would go in so i pushed in a bit then it broke. Now I'm sad, I realized I should not have done that.

I did the same thing on my VF-0D. :unsure: Thought there was a defect. Only to find out I need to push the feet back in first after I extended it. Good thing it's not broken.

Tavus,

If you purchased it from HLJ, you should contact them with a picture of the damaged part. They often times can get replacement parts from the manufacturers. In the past I've been able to get spare parts for several of my Yamato valks.

A replacement landing gear might make for some extensive surgery to fix. Speaking of fixing... my leg fix video for VF-0 toys is uploading now.

I just watched your video. 2 things I found interesting. I am surprised by the lack of consistency with the glue they used. The only pegs on mine that were glued in were the ones on the intake sections. I can only imagine how frustrating it was to separate your thighs. Secondly, I am surprised how loose the shapeways ball looks in the video. I wouldn't have thought there would be that much variance. The people that have let me know they used the part had similar experiences with me in that it was tighter than the stock ball half. Really a shame all around. Production, and QC really let them down on the D and A releases. Too expensive for this type of oversight.

I haven't seen anyone with this issue on an Arcadia VF-0S.

Tavus,

If you purchased it from HLJ, you should contact them with a picture of the damaged part. They often times can get replacement parts from the manufacturers. In the past I've been able to get spare parts for several of my Yamato valks.

hey that is a good idea. let me ask hlj.

This VF-0S is a great figure. I would recommend it to anyone on the fence.

It reminds me of the old V2 Yamatos, everything is sturdy and locks into place nicely, simple transformation, with paint injected parts to avoid scratches.

On the other hand, I have to admit that I'm a bit of a chicken and I avoid all V1's of new transforming toys until they are reviewed.

But at least I save myself from a lot of heart ache after a bad purchase.

I leave that to professional reviewers.

Edited by arbit

Bad news... HLJ does not ship Arcadia parts, unless you buy a Valkyrie from them.

I am SoL, ill just sue super glue.

Wait, that means you didn't purchase your Valkyrie from HLJ?

Does that mean if we purchase Arcadia Valks from HLJ there's a chance they can help out customers from abroad some replacement parts upon request?

I was going to order a VF-0S instead of the A which I did get. I leaned a bit towards the A, because I liked the color of the VF-0A better. Plus, I've always had a soft spot for the single laser A type head on the VF-1. Ultimately, my decision was made when the VF-0S sold out as I was browsing. So the VF-0A it was, and I really didn't have any problem with that.

Of course, if I had known the leg was going to pop off, it probably would have influenced my opinion a bit. Even that is my fault though. I had been looking at this thread and I just didn't read it enough.

My VF-0A is in jet mode, perched somewhat securely on my VF-19 Advance stand. It still looks great, and I can't help but be happy that I got it. But it maddens me that the leg is busted on it and I can't play with it. What's the point of a $250 toy I can't play with?? WAAAAAAAAAH!

My part shipped from Shapeways today. Just a bit longer and I can re-enter the surgery center.

I was going to order a VF-0S instead of the A which I did get. I leaned a bit towards the A, because I liked the color of the VF-0A better. Plus, I've always had a soft spot for the single laser A type head on the VF-1. Ultimately, my decision was made when the VF-0S sold out as I was browsing. So the VF-0A it was, and I really didn't have any problem with that.

Of course, if I had known the leg was going to pop off, it probably would have influenced my opinion a bit. Even that is my fault though. I had been looking at this thread and I just didn't read it enough.

My VF-0A is in jet mode, perched somewhat securely on my VF-19 Advance stand. It still looks great, and I can't help but be happy that I got it. But it maddens me that the leg is busted on it and I can't play with it. What's the point of a $250 toy I can't play with?? WAAAAAAAAAH!

My part shipped from Shapeways today. Just a bit longer and I can re-enter the surgery center.

Hopefully it helps. If it is loose with the shapeways part apply some future to the joint.

Does that mean if we purchase Arcadia Valks from HLJ there's a chance they can help out customers from abroad some replacement parts upon request?

That is crap, they wont ship parts even if you bought from them. They will ask you to send it back for an exchange. They cover shipping both ways though.

No, no - if and when HLJ does help it's usually by way of an exchange (what Anubis said).

-b.

That is crap, they wont ship parts even if you bought from them. They will ask you to send it back for an exchange. They cover shipping both ways though.

No, no - if and when HLJ does help it's usually by way of an exchange (what Anubis said).-b.

If they have it in Stock and you're in the 10 day service window.

Ok. So it's not. For a moment there based on Tavus said, I thought it's a possibility from HLJ that when you bought from them they can help you regarding some replacement parts. Because he said "unless you buy a Valkyrie from them."

Bad news... HLJ does not ship Arcadia parts, unless you buy a Valkyrie from them.

HLJ hasn't offered parts service in a long time... well before Yamato went under. Like others have stated, they accept returns for like-item exchanges if the request is made within 10 days of receiving your shipment.

As for fixing the damage yourself, DO NOT use super glue, it'll likely make a mess and it will not work. If the landing gear is made of plastic (ABS), use liquid plastic weld (TENAX, Abroid Pro Weld, etc.). If it's painted die cast metal, which I think it is, try straightening out the bent piece slowly with smooth tipped needle nose pliers or even tweezers and use two-part epoxy -- just a tiny drop -- to fill in and build up the crack; file or sand once cured, and paint to finish. The best repair would involve pinning the piece, but that would likely require disassembling the leg.

HLJ hasn't offered parts service in a long time... well before Yamato went under. Like others have stated, they accept returns for like-item exchanges if the request is made within 10 days of receiving your shipment.

As for fixing the damage yourself, DO NOT use super glue, it'll likely make a mess and it will not work. If the landing gear is made of plastic (ABS), use liquid plastic weld (TENAX, Abroid Pro Weld, etc.). If it's painted die cast metal, which I think it is, try straightening out the bent piece slowly with smooth tipped needle nose pliers or even tweezers and use two-part epoxy -- just a tiny drop -- to fill in and build up the crack; file or sand once cured, and paint to finish. The best repair would involve pinning the piece, but that would likely require disassembling the leg.

Thank you for the tip. The part that broke is definitely plastic. I will see if i can find liquid plastic weld.

this is the message hlj sent me.:

We're very sorry, but we are not able to provide parts, other than for quality control issues with items purchased directly from us and reported within 10 days of receipt. Please see this section of our Help Center for details

Edited by Tavus

well ami-ami's damaged box 0s finally arrived at 3120 yen off the retail 31200...

having chosen registered SAL option, wasnt expecting it till next week but pleasant surprise, it arrived after a week earlier than stated on ami's site!

post-15116-0-68714500-1454402230_thumb.jpg

The damage was isolated to the bottom corner of the right flap where it was crinkled, with everything else in new condition! Japan quality! B))

post-15116-0-40447600-1454402251_thumb.jpg

Bring on the reactive!

:5:

well ami-ami's damaged box 0s finally arrived at 3120 yen off the retail 31200...

having chosen registered SAL option, wasnt expecting it till next week but pleasant surprise, it arrived after a week earlier than stated on ami's site!

attachicon.gifamiami_0s.jpg

The damage was isolated to the bottom corner of the right flap where it was crinkled, with everything else in new condition! Japan quality! B))

attachicon.gifDSC_0154.jpg

Bring on the reactive!

:5:

I'd take a 3000+ yen discount on a damaged box anytime! congrats on your nice score! B))

I'd take a 3000+ yen discount on a damaged box anytime! congrats on your nice score! B))

Thanks to saitousad for the first alert on it! :D.

I didnt think that the damage would be that extensive on the box, and i was quite relieved to find it was only confined on a small corner crease.

Yea the discount made buying the $ 0s a lil better :p;)

Thanks to saitousad for the first alert on it! :D.

I didnt think that the damage would be that extensive on the box, and i was quite relieved to find it was only confined on a small corner crease.

Yea the discount made buying the $ 0s a lil better :p;)

ikr? totally worth it. The box isn't even that great anyway. I wish I could toss it, but I need to keep it for future storage purposes.