Arcadia 1/60 VF-0S & VF-0A

joppewo

Thank you, and I'll take a look at them both tomorrow and let you know. :)

Thanks Saburo. Kinda excited now since tracking said it should be here by today. Cross fingers. ;)

Yeah nahh still hasn't arrived yet.. it did land in the country today a day later than i had expected so it must have diverted elsewhere before hitting Sydney. If they dont mess about too much and it makes it to the distribution centre then i might just get it tomorrow.. fingers crossed eh..

Yup. Fingers crossed my friend. Mine should be arrive today. I hope. ;)

Some pics of my new VF-0A and a few group shots as well (The others wanted to join in). B))

Congrats! ;)

someone should tweet that to Arcadia, about the wrong tolerance.

If only I know how to speak fluent Nihonggo and my keyboard has Japanese language feature, I will. Let's just hope members who do, can do it somehow. And blame the QC group. Hahaha! :lol:

Man, looks like I'm not going to get it today even though it's already been delivered to our main company mail service. No notification yet from the mailroom. Oh well... :unsure:

Edit: Yeah! After 20mins, I got a notice that my package is upfront. Woohoo! ;)

post-5552-0-42500100-1441324945_thumb.jpg

Edited by no3ljm

Congrats on getting the VF-0A, no3ljm! I see you also got the Hasegawa SDF-1, very nice!

Thanks abbadon. I'm just going to keep it for now since I don't have time to build and paint yet. ;)

Btw, did you also bought the VF-0A? Make sure that it's been declared cheap or else Commissioner Lina will charge you higher custom tax. ;)

For some reason this time around HLJ took my copies out of the original Arcadia shipper box and put them in another box, but it still has the tissue paper. Usually when I order multiples from HLJ that are the qty of the case, they just ship the case. Maybe Arcadia changed the case size to 4x units.

Edited by Loop

For some reason this time around HLJ took my copies out of the original Arcadia shipper box and put them in another box, but it still has the tissue paper. Usually when I order multiples from HLJ that are the qty of the case, they just ship the case. Maybe Arcadia changed the case size to 4x units.

Looks like 2x per case as per this pic.

blog150901a.jpg

Thanks abbadon. I'm just going to keep it for now since I don't have time to build and paint yet. ;)

Btw, did you also bought the VF-0A? Make sure that it's been declared cheap or else Commissioner Lina will charge you higher custom tax. ;)

Haha! Yeah, it's a always the issue here. I cancelled mine, because I got a VF-11C instead. I'll just wait for the VF-0S. But the posts on here, is making it very difficult. ;)

Woohoo ,,got my VF-0As from BiginJapan today too. They didn't use the Arcadia Box either but instead use a bigger box for better protection.

Tissue paper, then bubble wrap, then paper cushion around bottom, corners top, etc. The Valks were well protected.

The only minor issue was that they put "commercial collectible figures" as the description if goods instead of the normal "Reduced-Scale models or toys".

post-2743-0-06675400-1441331316_thumb.jpg

post-2743-0-98278600-1441331327_thumb.jpg

Haha! Yeah, it's a always the issue here. I cancelled mine, because I got a VF-11C instead. I'll just wait for the VF-0S. But the posts on here, is making it very difficult. ;)

Don't worry abbadon. After all that siesta, the 'masa' will always wins. Hehehe. :lol: Btw, out of curiosity, how long does it take for you to get a package everytime you order online esp hobby purchases? Never had an experience ordering online directly when I was still there. I always go to GreatToys. Suki eh. ;)

Open it! OPEN IT!!!!!!

That's not mine Spanner! Just grabbed from the net. I only bought one along with the Hasegawa SDF-1 (Movie Ver) kit. ;)

@no3ljm I just compared the VF-4G to the VF-0A, they are very close in color, from what it looks like the 0A appears to be slightly darker.

Hey Saburo. Thanks. I also checked it when I got home. Yeah, they're near somehow. The VF-0A has more 'greenish' hue to it and the VF-4G has more 'bluish' hue in it. Which is kinda nice. ;) Btw, I like that two-toned grey that the VF-0A have.

Woohoo ,,got my VF-0As from BiginJapan today too. They didn't use the Arcadia Box either but instead use a bigger box for better protection.

Tissue paper, then bubble wrap, then paper cushion around bottom, corners top, etc. The Valks were well protected.

The only minor issue was that they put "commercial collectible figures" as the description if goods instead of the normal "Reduced-Scale models or toys".

W00t W00t! ;)

And here it goes...

Boom! It FITS! :wub:

post-5552-0-27423700-1441336164_thumb.jpg

The triangle filler is not that bad. ;)

post-5552-0-69276000-1441336207_thumb.jpg

That's not mine Spanner! Just grabbed from the net. I only bought one along with the Hasegawa SDF-1 (Movie Ver) kit. ;)

ahh.. I see.. well don't I feel like a jack ass! :rolleyes:

vf0a_tatsulok.jpg

I really like this feature! does it fold or tuck away in other modes?

Edited by spanner76

Hmm, was thinking those wing lights still looked like a separate piece, but I guess not.

Think I still like the darker gray of the original better, but the light color isn't bad.

The 'black' lights? Yeah, it looks like it's a separate piece. But I check it closer and it's just painted nice to make it look like a separate piece. Actually the wing is kinda thinner compared to the VF-1's from Yamato.

ahh.. I see.. well don't I feel like a jack ass! :rolleyes:

I really like this feature! does it fold or tuck away in other modes?

No worries, Spanner. Did you get yours today? ;)

oh.. does it get in the way or make it harder to swings the arms out for gerwalk and battroid?

Regarding the triangles one, my only advice is only watch out the shoulder armor once you tuck it back in going to fighter so that they will not have any contacts to the triangle. Otherwise, it's gonna scratch some paint. So what I did was fold the shoulder armor upward and somehow used my fingers to guard the part while rotating it so that it's not gonna hit the triangle. ;)

I'm just glad that the Ghost Booster fits. It's the 'brown pods' is loose since the hole is a little bigger and shallow. I might trim the 'brown pod' tabs and probably wrap it in tape or put some nail polish to make it tight.

post-5552-0-73396300-1441338127_thumb.jpg post-5552-0-33553000-1441338139_thumb.jpg post-5552-0-47865800-1441339208_thumb.jpg

But overall, I'm a one happy Arcadia VF-0A customer. Looking forward to the VF-0S and the Reactive Armor. :wub:

Okay now I'm confused. Does the Ghost Booster fit or not? I've never had the original so I don't know where the fins are supposed to slot.

Same as the Yamato. It came with extra mount parts that you need to replace on the Valk. On the top, it's for the brown colored pods. On the side is the slot for the Ghost Booster's folding canards. And yes, it does FIT. I also posted some pics to show that it fits. ;)

purchase from NY has arrived!

attachicon.gifDSC_1796_1.jpg

woohoo! :):)

Congrats! ;)

Edited by no3ljm

No worries, Spanner. Did you get yours today? ;)

Regarding the triangles one, my only advice is only watch out the shoulder armor once you tuck it back in going to fighter so that they will not have any contacts to the triangle. Otherwise, it's gonna scratch some paint. So what I did was fold the shoulder armor upward and somehow used my fingers to guard the part while rotating it so that it's not gonna hit the triangle. ;)

vf0a_ghost_fits3.jpg

It arrived at home but im still at work.. will check her out when I get home! Can't wait! :D

Thanks for the heads up about the heads up and advice with the shoulders parts and triangle fillers! I'll be sure to be careful with it! Although this one will be staying in fighter mode for the immediate future.. I'll probably most likely will get a 2nd one for battroid..

Great pics too! At least I can see how it will look like sitting on one of my Flightpose stands.. Looks great! But im not a fan of those ghost booster thingy's..

It arrived at home but im still at work.. will check her out when I get home! Can't wait! :D

Thanks for the heads up about the heads up and advice with the shoulders parts and triangle fillers! I'll be sure to be careful with it! Although this one will be staying in fighter mode for the immediate future.. I'll probably most likely will get a 2nd one for battroid..

Great pics too! At least I can see how it will look like sitting on one of my Flightpose stands.. Looks great! But im not a fan of those ghost booster thingy's..

Thanks Spanner. Go get another one! :lol:

Btw, I don't advice to use the Flightpose Stands on this one for a long period of time. If you have the old one (black tip), probably it's ok. But if you have the clear silicone tip, don't let sit there for long. All the bottom parts of the VF-0A are painted. You don't want silicon stain marks on those, right? ;)

Thanks Spanner. Go get another one! :lol:

Btw, I don't advice to use the Flightpose Stands on this one for a long period of time. If you have the old one (black tip), probably it's ok. But if you have the clear silicone tip, don't let sit there for long. All the bottom parts of the VF-0A are painted. You don't want silicon stain marks on those, right? ;)

Hehe! I think I will! I have a really good feeling about the Zero-A before I have even laid eyes on it!

Touch wood I haven't had any real issues with the clear tipped Flightpose stands but I try to keep better control of interior climate of my place which I think helps a great deal!

Additional pointers on the backpack area based on what I saw in the manual. Push the folding back part area more towards the body so that it will create a space so that when you fold the backpack it will have more clearance. Atleast the pointy part from the back is not touching the tailfins. Hope that helps. ;)

post-5552-0-72317900-1441346148_thumb.jpg post-5552-0-85064400-1441346157_thumb.jpg

Just comparing the greys on both VF-4G and VF-0A. Love it. :wub:

post-5552-0-60768400-1441346167_thumb.jpg

Gahhh! just could not get away from work quick enough.. sheesh.. And now finally home and finally get to see my Zero-A!

She's a beauty! Soooo much easier and more pleasant to handle than the Zero-D without fear of bumping the fiddly winglets, forward canards and vertical stabilizers!

Im really liking the color too! and the cockpit blast shield is a slightly blue-ish gray but it looks fine. I don't mind the black lights on the leading edge of the wings either.

And FINALLY a properly functional arrestor hook whilst gun pod is attached! Man that issue reeeaaalllyyy bugs me about the Zero-D..

Pilot figure and cockpit details are nice and I really like the blue painted sections on the back of the legs! They make nice highlights!

The triangle leg knee joint filler parts are a nice touch too! Really cleans up the side profile a lot! The Zero-D really needs these too and a shame it wasn't included.. Regardless if its anime accurate or not..

The missiles it comes with are nice too! But im going to leave it in a clean configuration..

A few little gripes.. why they didn't tampo the UN SPACY markings on the legs but did so on the gun pod? I can't seem to get the upper leg sections to sit up close enough to the forward main fuselage and that area wants to creek and groan a little when handled.

I also cant the the rear tail plane back pack part to sit perfectly flush with the rear upper fuselage but it doesn't stick up too much so im not so fussed.

Overall it looks and feels great! Nothing seems loose or about to fall off I think im definitely going to order a 2nd one!

Some photos below! Sorry about the poor quality.. Only camera I have is my Note 4.. and it kinda sucks at best.

20150904_161509.jpg

20150904_161520.jpg

20150904_161726.jpg

20150904_161809.jpg

20150904_161916.jpg

20150904_161632.jpg

20150904_161621.jpg

20150904_161547.jpg

20150904_161531.jpg

20150904_162420.jpg

Edited by spanner76

I'm just glad that the Ghost Booster fits. It's the 'brown pods' is loose since the hole is a little bigger and shallow. I might trim the 'brown pod' tabs and probably wrap it in tape or put some nail polish to make it tight.

attachicon.gifvf0a_ghost_fits2.jpg attachicon.gifvf0a_pods.jpg attachicon.gifvf0a_ghost_fits3.jpg

Thanks for this Noel! I'm glad to see that the Yamato Ghost Booster actually fits. :) Still bummed out that Arcadia didn't go all the way and make even the brown pods fit. Oh well, I think I'll just keep the Ghost Booster on the V.1 VF-0S and make the V.2. wear the Reactive Armor when it comes out.

Don't worry abbadon. After all that siesta, the 'masa' will always wins. Hehehe. :lol: Btw, out of curiosity, how long does it take for you to get a package everytime you order online esp hobby purchases? Never had an experience ordering online directly when I was still there. I always go to GreatToys. Suki eh. ;)

*snip*

W00t W00t! ;)

And here it goes...

Boom! It FITS! :wub:

Actually, surprisingly fast. I get my packages in 3-4 days if shipped through EMS. Yeah, good thing for Greattoys eh? Bought a lot from them, but I still tend to buy stuff from other online retailers when they don't have what I'm looking for.

Hey, great news on the ghost booster! Glad you made it work. hoping to get one in the future.

Edited by abbadon

@spanner nice tight shots esp liking the details on the black vents!

arrrgggh am too busy to even open mine....will have to examine it later....

yea liking the ghost boosters...though i guess its not the perfect fit...will await more pics of it in different angles hopefully the booster wont drop off...

if it stays well, might try to hunt one down too...

Additional pointers on the backpack area based on what I saw in the manual. Push the folding back part area more towards the body so that it will create a space so that when you fold the backpack it will have more clearance. Atleast the pointy part from the back is not touching the tailfins. Hope that helps. ;)

attachicon.gifvf0a_backflap1.jpg attachicon.gifvf0a_backflap2.jpg

Just comparing the greys on both VF-4G and VF-0A. Love it. :wub:

attachicon.gifvf0a_vf4g_grey.jpg

ahh nice tip on the backpack! cant wait to try it!

Edited by seti88

Oh, I fraked up major. I paid 15 minutes after I got that email from Ami about missing the payment due date. They gave me till September the 4th, and I figured I still had a few hrs while the exchange rate was getting slightly better.

I was penny pinching coz we have a $400 limit before we get charged customs upwards of 25% more. The exchange rate was fluctuating around 75 yen to my dollar (ie the 30,000 yen mark with postage). frakk, and now there's this Star Wars distraction...