Arcadia 1/60 VF-0S & VF-0A

joppewo

I don't suppose there's any 3rd party decals for the VF-0? I think I'm going to have to buy some hasegawa VF-0 kits just to cannibalize the decals off them, even if they're smaller. I looked at the sticker sheet for the VF-0D for the first time and it's missing a bunch of markings that even the Yamato version had (either as stickers or already tampo printed). I'm thinking it will be the same for the upcoming VF-0A and S releases too.

Dunno why, I just can't get excited about the Arcadia Mac Zero toys, even the reactive armor.

I think the Arcadia YF-19 turned me off Arcadia in general a bit.

The only Arcadia mac Zero toy that I might be able to muster some mild interest for is the cannon fodder VF-0A.

Seems Bandai and Evolution have grabbed all my Macross interest recently.

Graham

Dunno why, I just can't get excited about the Arcadia Mac Zero toys, even the reactive armor.

The only Arcadia mac Zero toy that I might be able to muster some mild interest for is the cannon fodder VF-0A.

Graham

Graham, what is it about the Arcadia YF-19 that you don't like? Did you post a review somewhere that you could point me to? I stopped buying Arcadia toys these days as they are almost impossible to find in Hong Kong retail stores. In the old days Bandai Macross stuff were hard to come by, while you could find Yamato stuff pretty much everywhere. It's the other way around now.

Graham

Exact same feeling here... I was so hyped for it and when I got it I was thoroughly unimpressed. The bare bones presentation carried through with the VF-0D and took a week of my hard work to bring it back to the point where I could look at it. So I'm not that excited about these VF-0 (they are just too expensive for what you get - I don't mind paying premium for a premium product, but IMHO, they are not) and I swore off Arcadia until something changes.

But the Reactive Armour has me thinking as I never did get a VF-0S in the past. I'm just not sure and sitting on the fence for now - but definitely not getting too excited as I've been burned by Arcadia twice now in two toy issues.

Edited by wm cheng

The danger of the hype machine...

But I'm also concerned with Arcadia's trend toward minimalism, especially at the current asking price, and I say that as someone who got back into Macross because of Zero. When the debut anniversary 1J included so much printing and a water slide decal sheet to boot, I thought at least some of that would become the new standard in later releases. It was disappointing when none of it did and Arcadia took the path that it did.

I wonder if the local fans are seeing the same things that we are seeing or if they are more forgiving of this in light of what happened to Yamato?

Graham, what is it about the Arcadia YF-19 that you don't like? Did you post a review somewhere that you could point me to? I stopped buying Arcadia toys these days as they are almost impossible to find in Hong Kong retail stores. In the old days Bandai Macross stuff were hard to come by, while you could find Yamato stuff pretty much everywhere. It's the other way around now.

I'll PM you, as I don't want to hijack the topic away from the VF-0 toys.

I waqs actually curious to know as well.

Yup, I'm curious too. :ph34r:

You guys can post it on the Arcadia YF-19 thread: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=39470

yes i am curious to know your guys' thoughts as well. please post your thoughts in the arcadia yf-19 thread. even though i like the arcadia sculpt in battroid better and the transformation is easier on the arcadia, i find myself transforming and posing the bandai and not the arcadia, every single time! before this, we didn't have a direct comparison of the same exact valk so it's interesting to hear everyone's thoughts on comparisons and pros and cons.

Edited by cyde01

I'll PM you, as I don't want to hijack the topic away from the VF-0 toys.

I waqs actually curious to know as well.

Yup, I'm curious too. :ph34r:

You guys can post it on the Arcadia YF-19 thread: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=39470

yes i am curious to know your guys' thoughts as well. please post your thoughts in the arcadia yf-19. even though i like the arcadia sculpt in battroid better and the transformation is easier on the arcadia, i find myself transforming and posing the bandai and not the arcadia, every single time! before this, we didn't have a direct comparison of the same exact valk so it's interesting to hear everyone's thoughts on comparisons and pros and cons.

OK, now my interest is piqued. I want to know too :lol:

When the debut anniversary 1J included so much printing and a water slide decal sheet to boot, I thought at least some of that would become the new standard in later releases. It was disappointing when none of it did and Arcadia took the path that it did.

Just a theory, maybe Arcadia saw poor sales of the anniversary 1J and incorrectly concluded that fans didn't want OMG tampo overkill and waterslide decals, nevermind that the anniversary color scheme was silly.

Just a theory, maybe Arcadia saw poor sales of the anniversary 1J and incorrectly concluded that fans didn't want OMG tampo overkill and waterslide decals, nevermind that the anniversary color scheme was silly.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if Arcadia did learn the wrong lesson from the 30th 1J fiasco and jumped to the conclusion to which you allude.

Edited by mechaninac

For a celebratory model i think the Arcadia VF-1J was colored and tampo'd quite well. Although it took a little while to come to grips with it but i appreciate it now. I haven't stuck any other decals on it.

Exact same feeling here... I was so hyped for it and when I got it I was thoroughly unimpressed. The bare bones presentation carried through with the VF-0D and took a week of my hard work to bring it back to the point where I could look at it. So I'm not that excited about these VF-0 (they are just too expensive for what you get - I don't mind paying premium for a premium product, but IMHO, they are not) and I swore off Arcadia until something changes.

But the Reactive Armour has me thinking as I never did get a VF-0S in the past. I'm just not sure and sitting on the fence for now - but definitely not getting too excited as I've been burned by Arcadia twice now in two toy issues.

Couldn't agree more on the premium price for premium product. I don't mind the price for Bandai VF-19 Advance which I think it worth it. Having said that, I'll get VF-0S since I never had this. But that's about it for Arcadia product.

Guest davidwhangchoi

I was hoping that they would at least Tampo the skull on the black part.

i they mostly likely are going to tampo the skull and at least the UN SPACY kites. (i really would be upset if they didn't) Mr. K is just putting a sticker quickly on a prototype.

skulls and kites have always been tampo'd so i assume they willl again. that being said, perhaps arcadia "learned" the wrong lesson from the 30th anniversary tenjin 1j fiasco. its not that we don't like tampo and that tampo doesn't "selll" its that that scheme was just ugly (all due respect to the designer and artist). maybe they will learn from the mainstream folks preferring the vf-19 advance from bandai to the arcadia yf-19.....granted i think that example has just a touch too many (and not well thought out mind you) tampo....i think that and the extras (booster packs) and the pricepoint makes it a decisive win with most fans (though i far prefer the sculpt of the arcadia...my only gripe is the panel lines are TOO fine) and i'm sure sales show as such. let's hope arcadia retunrs to a proper level of tampo (the latter yamato days). so far in my book...yamato>bandai>arcadia when it comes to my preference for the amount that is tampo'd.

Edited by Mechapilot77

The 0S looks good, I liked my old one except for the fact that it slowly fell apart and disintegrated. I'm tempted, but $250 + shipping is a bit steep, Arcadia pricing is rough. If I do get an Arcadia 0 it will be the 0S, nix that doofy armor they just announced, I never got the obsession over big tacky armor that covers up the sleek fighters and battroids, easy pass on that, especially at Arcadia prices.

That area on the back of the engines should be dark Grey, not Black. I see they're going with White this time for the main color.

Yeah, that's true. Darker Gray is ok too if not Black. Assuming that they will not use 0D's blue color on that part like what they're showing it on their 0A's. ;)