Arcadia 1/60 VF-0S & VF-0A

joppewo

I don't really understand why they're releasing the D, A and S all in the same year. Seems like a batch of $300 toys would be a bad idea especially considering they said Zero didn't sell well. Unless that wasn't entirely true and it's just their kinda floppy 0's didn't sell well and they think these will do better. And maybe next years new mold will be an updated SV-51.

Lets be honest, the Yamato Mac Zero line had a bad reputation, exploding shoulders/arms, floppy wings & other loose fitting parts. A big reason it didn't sell very well IMO.

They were probably the most scary toy Yamato ever put out, but actually I was convinced it sold "OK", considering that when I was looking for one it was sold out everywhere and the prices were already getting crazy on ebay. And the zeroes did manage to get at least one reissue each, right?

Mine are all in one piece so far, great display pieces but terrible toys. I'm not sure I'll be happy to pay that much to replace a toy by one that looks only slightly better. The OD will have to convince me that I need these

I dont think I'm going to get another A. The one with the Ghost sets Yamato did wasn't bad, and looks fine in fighter. if the S is being released without the Ghost all the better, I prefer it just as a fighter anyway.

Heaven forbid they make it a slightly different shad eof yellow or some crap though.

They were probably the most scary toy Yamato ever put out, but actually I was convinced it sold "OK", considering that when I was looking for one it was sold out everywhere and the prices were already getting crazy on ebay. And the zeroes did manage to get at least one reissue each, right?

Mine are all in one piece so far, great display pieces but terrible toys. I'm not sure I'll be happy to pay that much to replace a toy by one that looks only slightly better. The OD will have to convince me that I need these

The Phoenix is such a beautiful design I think lot of fans/buyers decided to risk it and get one, especially the re-issues. Roy & Ivanov both sold the best I think, but the overall QC issues hampered these toys success. When I get my VF-0D shortly, if the quality is above & beyond I'll be convinced to get the new 0A & 0S. B))

from Mr. K

B-1JzSWUcAA-uVd.jpg

Can't wait for the 0S. :wub:

<joke>I think all of you who don't like this color grey should just get over yourselves. They can't make it exactly like the onscreen images because they are a differnet grey in every scene. As for the apps and decals, you can't see them in every shot either, so they aren't off by too much. In fact, if you turn off your TV, you ca't even see what color it is or the decals...

...I mean you guys are just too much into perfection.</joke>

;)

You can't blame us. We have to... it's a $300(+/-) toy. :rolleyes:

I want to know where you're getting these ghosts. Also do these ghosts come with the missile pods and the conformal tanks? The new 0's look pretty good, I'd really like one, to you know, replace my old floppy Yammie.

Yeah, the stand-alone Ghost Boosters comes with the missile pods and the tanks. You can check jenius' Ghosts review at anymoon. ;)

one of each would be fine.. -_- two of each would be great but.. ^_^ three of each would be mad! :D

Although I think I seriously need to start evaluating my spending habbits and rethink my needs vs wants.. :huh:Dang this hobby can be cruel at times. :(

Not just cruel, spanner76. It's a wallet-killer. :lol:

yeah but even if they only made them as a build kit similar to the unpainted assembly VF-1 kits!? at least that way they wouldn't have to commit to a full production line process as us the buyers would be completing them!

Although I don't know how well the VF-1 assembly kits ever sold which might make doing something like this less attractive..

I'm still torn, because I've got two original VF-0S copies, one that was a bit of a fixer-upper purchased from someone here. I might be convinced to pick up a new Roy, and sell that one cheaply.. I had intended to turn it into a VF-0C with Kurisama's kit, but with an actual 0D being released, I don't have so much motivation anymore. :lol:

The Phoenix is such a beautiful design I think lot of fans/buyers decided to risk it and get one, especially the re-issues. Roy & Ivanov both sold the best I think, but the overall QC issues hampered these toys success. When I get my VF-0D shortly, if the quality is above & beyond I'll be convinced to get the new 0A & 0S. B))

Same here, the 0D's quality will decide. I really hope Arcadia shows some pictures of a reaction armor, then I'd need a new 0S for sure

I am in for both 0S and 0A since I don't want to support the Bandai pre-order policy. Arcadia's prices are painless compared to that!

QFT!

Bandai = Cheaper, but if you miss out they can be super expensive in the secondary market. If you miss out on pre-order night and was trying to secure one, it could cause massive disappointment becuae not only did you not get sleep on a work night, but you are also empty handed.

Arcadia = More expensive, but I can go to bed after the pre-order opens up knowing I will get my copies of said valk.

Either way I buy from both anyways lol.

There is something very nice about having a day to think about a preorder and then casually going to your dealer of preference and making the order...

I'm in for one of each!

That said, there's also something nice about paying nearly half as much :) (for Bandai releases)

Edited by jenius

There is something very nice about having a day to think about a preorder and then casually going to your dealer of preference and making the order...

I'm in for one of each!

That said, there's also something nice about paying nearly half as much :) (for Bandai releases)

As long as you are lucky enough to get it :) (for Bandai releases)

Can't really compare Bandai and Arcadia pricing as they are different items. But for me I won't support Arcadia due to their high prices unless they go on sale which most likely won't happen unless they go down Yamato path and start producing too many variants in a year and over supply the market. If you are comparing prices between the two companies, then Arcadia pricing is about 50-100% more than Bandai. If its something I really want from Bandai, I can always go through NY path with a markup which is still relatively lower in cost compared to Arcadia newer items (YF-19, VF-0D) if I am unable to secure one at retail or less. They seem to remained opened for quite a while now and easier to secure one.

The good thing about those in US, is that the USD currency has appreciate a lot against the Yen from the last few years. If this didn't happened most of you guys will be complaining about the prices as well. For example, the VF-0D probably cost about US$300 shipped at 120 exchange rate now. If the rate was what it was back in 2012/2013 about 80, you will be looking at over US$400.

Edited by Valk-1S