Frame out models Wonderfest Winter 2015 YF-25/ VF-1x++ parts set

wmkjr

i want that DX YF-25 add on

is the VF-1X++ battroid a conversion of yamato or a stand alone kit?

edit:

so 5k yen for the YF-25 head, clear parts, decals and lance (super and armor parts needs to be secured separately)

it also includes the VF-1 conversion which is head and tribal decals as well.

Edited by chyll2

Hopefully it's for both. Also, he made modifications to the VF-1 assembly kit to allow the wings to pivot backwards in battroid which looks kinda neat, hip joint mod to allow more motion and some other stuff.

Edited by wmkjr

I want the 1X++ simply to have its decals. The head doesn't do much for me, but I'd really like to have the warning stencils in waterslide decals.

Does the kit include the leg super parts?

I want the 1X++ simply to have its decals. The head doesn't do much for me, but I'd really like to have the warning stencils in waterslide decals.

Does the kit include the leg super parts?

you could just buy generic 1/72 fighter decals for a fraction of the price.

Edited by anime52k8

So cool! ...but so depressing I ain't gotta chance in hell of getting these. :(

I got four Yamato kits so that MtR head conversion would go great with one of em. :)

Edited by xrentonx

Nice! I saw 2 on YJ. One was the full packaged set and the other one the seller split into 2 seperate auctions with the 1/72 VF-1X++ .in the pic for the 1/60 version. Go figure. Props to whoever got those.

Edited by wmkjr

For the Paladin. Besides the head, lance, and decals what are the parts list?

From what I can tell you'll need:

Super Parts:

Boosters

Shield*

Top thruster

Rear leg set

Hip armor*

Crouch plate

Armor Parts:

Chest piece

Arm guards

One knee piece off left leg armor

Hip armor*

* Hard to tell but I'll use the one that's easier to get

So wanna do this but can only dress up the regular YF-25. Are the missiles from the chest used at all? Just curious as I didn't look at the series.

Edited by wmkjr

Originally, I bought an extra set of Armor and fast pack parts when I was in Tokyo, as I only spent around $30 for each set. I was planning to use those, and actually CAD designed the lance. However, since this is out, and it's going to be on its way, I only need to detail up the parts I have now for the extra YF-25 I currently have. I'm a bit curious to see how that left knee piece from the armor parts connects, as with the set, it had to attach to the rest of the armor. In any case, I'm looking at the Paladin from the MtR books, so I do plan to have the armor look a little metallic to simulate knight's armor. The build will take some time, but I will get it done. All my time is devoted to moving right now, so not really a lot of time after work.

Wow that's a steal for the parts.Are you gonna make the lance available at a printing service like Shapeways?

For now I can only dream:

attachicon.gifOzma paladin.jpgattachicon.gifOzma paladin 2.jpg

Eventually I will. I Just need to finish up a few things with it, and then do a test print. I may do the parts for it in separate colors, since the lance itself can be done in white. I haven't started on the head, but I have enough pics of it to get it right. On a downer, I didn't get the package of both of them, and unfortunately, the VF-1 kit was for the 1/72 kit. The seller mislabeled it, so that fell through. Well, off to the races again to get the right set for that.

Edited by Jasonc

anyone who was able to get theirs? was there an instruction on how dis-assemble the Boosters from Super parts?

This is only my guess but there are 3 screws that need to be taken out. The front half of the booster has two cover plates that can come off exposing one screw. The front tip can be removed by carefully using a exacto knife to help pry it out. The next two screws are guesstimates as I couldn't get to them as they are hidden behind two cover plates and might be glued. I'm basing my guess while prying the front a little I could see spots where two screws should be to connect both halves of the booster. They are both on the inner facing side of the boosters. One is on the bottom rear most trapezoid with the two white stripes you can tell because it is the only one that looks like it has a gap. The other one is a small trapeziod shape as it is the only one there. Hope this helps or if anyone figures out how to get to those two out please show us.

Or if you're talking about the smaller thrusters, you can use a needle nose plier and slowly pull them out and avoid all the headache of getting the boosters apart. :)

Edited by wmkjr

Thanks for the insight, I will take a further look of the screw and check the front tip if they are easily removed.

I can actually see that none of it is glued and can be dis-assembled safely. I just dont know where to "safely" start. It is a layer of parts holding each other parts together while along with it are parts that are screwed. I just thought make my life easier if ever the YF-25 paladin parts has a guide for them.

OT:

my plan is a color matched Super parts for VF-25F or 25a, everything can be painted easy except the Booster without dis-assembling will be masking hell.

Edited by chyll2

This is as far as I dare go. It's missing a thruster as I broke it while pulling it out. Didn't need it anyway. Locations for where I think are Cover plates for the screws on the other side.

post-7577-0-08924100-1424296290_thumb.jpg

Cover plates (guessing):

post-7577-0-60492200-1424296991_thumb.jpg

Edited by wmkjr

• 2 weeks later...

@wmkjr

i took down experiment michael's super part the other day. And yeah, your guestimate for screw cover is the same as mine.

I am still having second thoughts on my alto project since I wont be able to replicate all of the markings in black but going a visit here made me realize, that the Accessories use for yf-25 is mostly gray and it never looked odd. The project is a go, I just need to be careful on removing the small thrusters.

edit:

front tip: one side is removed with damage but nothing a putty cant solve

other side is being a pain now, the front tip is actually in a really bad shape but it just wont move.

Edited by chyll2