Yup, can't wait to get rid of my hk dvd (you kids and your vhs). Don't forget, they also picked up Night on the Galactic Railroad, Sega Hard Girla, Galile Donna, & Arpeggio of Blue Steel (more announcements tomorrow). I'm so excited.

Edited by Keith

Yup, can't wait to get rid of my hk dvd (you kids and your vhs). Don't forget, they also picked up ... Arpeggio of Blue Steel (more announcements tomorrow). I'm so excited.

HELL YES!

Not to detract from the rest of this. Robot Carnival was pretty darn cool, and I'd like to see it again.

Yup, can't wait to get rid of my hk dvd (you kids and your vhs). Don't forget, they also picked up Night on the Galactic Railroad, Sega Hard Girla, Galile Donna, & Arpeggio of Blue Steel (more announcements tomorrow). I'm so excited.

Discotek is quickly becoming one of my favorite anime companies of all time when it comes to the classics, and I'm a bit surprised they're going after some of the newer shows with this deal they cut with crunchyroll. They really cut Funimation off at the knee by grabbing the first season of Free! considering how Funi already has the second season.

They also announced a kind of kickstarter type program where they will offer up pre-orders on shows to see if there is any interest and to cover the production run(acquiring, translating, putting on disc) so this may be our only chance of ever seeing things like Ideon, Dougram, or I dare say Legend of the galactic heroes to ever come stateside.

Discotek is quickly becoming one of my favorite anime companies of all time when it comes to the classics, and I'm a bit surprised they're going after some of the newer shows with this deal they cut with crunchyroll. They really cut Funimation off at the knee by grabbing the first season of Free! considering how Funi already has the second season.

Damn, that's almost ADV-esque levels of backstabery.

But whatever. I'm still mad at Funimation for never putting Symphogear on a disk, and waiting until I gave up and bought DVDs to put Railgun on BluRay(and for not including a slipcover with the disk 1+box, so disk 2 didn't match unless I threw out the slipcover... grrrr).

They also announced a kind of kickstarter type program where they will offer up pre-orders on shows to see if there is any interest and to cover the production run(acquiring, translating, putting on disc) so this may be our only chance of ever seeing things like Ideon, Dougram, or I dare say Legend of the galactic heroes to ever come stateside.

Awesome.

Hope it does better than AnimeSols has been doing. They seem to have a lot of trouble bringing in cash.

AnimeSols problem isn't that people won't fund anime, its that for the most part the titles they're offering are really obscure or things nobody really wants. Notable exceptions being Creamy Mami and the Blackjack tv show. They need to learn just because Osamu Tezuka's name is in the credits doesn't mean its an instant winner.

Discotek also also has Mazinger Z. And (some installments of) Fist of the North Star.

Looks like the situation is getting to be where if it's awesome, to the left of mainstream, and Not-ADV didn't snipe the license out of spite, Discotek has it.

• 6 months later...