What gimmicks would you like for the Destroids?

drifand

Wow, you guys (and my scanner) have better eyes than I do.

I definitely think that if you buy six Monsters and five Tomahawks, Yamato should throw in a free Daedalus bow.

Edited to add: That way you could live in it, since you've probably been evicted for nonpayment of rent.

Edited by ewilen

I like Sithlords idea - you get a small support vehilce and a couple of scale figures with each mech, so you have to buy all the destroids to create a neat diorama.

My opinion on the 'gimmicks': I think withe the destroids all you can really have is opening missile bays and cockpits. I would much rather have the attention go towards articulation and detailing. I'd love to see some weathering effects like oil leaks from the joints etc.

Lastly, I hope Yamato doesn't make them too big or to diecast, as I would hope that they have a wider spectrum of priced toys. At the moment they have the 1/60 (medium price) and the 1/48s (high priced) and the upcoming moster (bend over).

I am hoping the destroids will be about 4000 yen to give us macross fans a financial break after shelling out several hundred dollars for their 1/48s. :)

I am hoping the destroids will be about 4000 yen to give us macross fans a financial break after shelling out several hundred dollars for their 1/48s. :)

So that as soon as your set nears completion you ahve to buy them all over again in a larger scale or an enhanced version?

I am hoping the destroids will be about 4000 yen  to give us macross fans a financial break after shelling out several hundred dollars for their 1/48s.  :)

So that as soon as your set nears completion you ahve to buy them all over again in a larger scale or an enhanced version?

Well , that´s been Yamato strategy for a long time now ;)

Wow! SIX Monsters in the bow!! I sure hope the top row have got their quad cannons trained at the right angle. Imagine the disaster if they accidentally shot off the bow door... It also seems the Monsters aren't even using their arm launchers.

No room to use the arm cannons, really. Heck, just the muzzle blast from the cannons may swat the Tomahawks.

Imagine if they REALLY did produce a Daedalus Bow to house your Monsters. That thing's probably going to be big enough for someone to curl up in for a nap!

Man, a 1/60 Monster is big enough to be a foot rest at the very least, a small table otherwise.. Or a very expensive lawn ornament.

But given the structural size.. it should be fairly straightforward to work into the design some "armaments" or even a small petrol engine. Imagine if the darn Monster on your lawn actually took a step and splatter a bunch of inquisitive people with four water hoses. :)

Man, a 1/60 Monster is big enough to be a foot rest at the very least, a small table otherwise.. Or a very expensive lawn ornament.

But given the structural size.. it should be fairly straightforward to work into the design some "armaments" or even a small petrol engine. Imagine if the darn Monster on your lawn actually took a step and splatter a bunch of inquisitive people with four water hoses. :)

EAT RAILGUN, YOU FILTHY GNOME!

Wow! SIX Monsters in the bow!! I sure hope the top row have got their quad cannons trained at the right angle. Imagine the disaster if they accidentally shot off the bow door... It also seems the Monsters aren't even using their arm launchers.

No room to use the arm cannons, really. Heck, just the muzzle blast from the cannons may swat the Tomahawks.

Imagine if they REALLY did produce a Daedalus Bow to house your Monsters. That thing's probably going to be big enough for someone to curl up in for a nap!

Way cool... A DAEDALOUS !!! To house all my valkyries & destroids...

That sounds nice..they made a huge GUNDAM White Ship ..

I'm sure they could think of something..

whats BANDAI with Gundam anyway ?

Your ideas are pretty good.

I'm most interested in good articulation... wheels on the feet of those destroids that have them (if any... the ones that come to mind are all Macross-II), good leg (ankle, knee, hip) and arm (wrist, elbow, shoulder) articulation in particular is more desirable to me than hip and waist.

Removable pilots for all would be nice, as well as removable missiles for those destroids that have them. Good paint jobs would round it out.

I'd rather these things be relatively inexpensive and/or sold in multi-packs ("army builders") than have gimmicks they don't need.

Yes, I concure to that! :D