Help! Broken wing part in 1/72 VF-25 armored Messiah

Captain Global

Recently during cleaning operation a small part of the joint of the left wing of my armored messiah broke apart. Trying to glue it became a disaster because the wing if too heavy even without the armored packs. Asking Bandai for a replacement part also didn't worked.

The piece is the I-1. It is a problem because this kit is the only transformable alternative to the expensive dx chgoking toy.

So, in order to sum up I will just say. Macross fans you are my last hope.

I am a quite noob user here so if there is any mistake of if I break any rules I apologize in advance , I'm very happy of being in this forum where I can share opinions and contents with so many hardcore macross fans like me .

post-30320-0-46344800-1420378281_thumb.jpg

I think you need to find a very 'hot' glue, for ABS - glossy, toy-type plastic. It reacts to the plastic in much the same manner as what you see in model kit styrene, but is made to work with the glossy toy ABS. (In fact, some of the ABS glues will melt model kit styrene pretty badly if used improperly.) Regular model glue or super glue won't do the on an assembly point under this much stress.

You might try "Ambroid Pro-Weld", which is thin like water or alcohol, and takes a while to set, but sets very strong. Put the parts together, clamp them, and use a very fine brush or hypodermic needle to lay the glue into the seam and allow capillary action to pull it into the places where the plastic joins. You need to be certain that the parts meet perfectly, however. It won't fill large open cavities. It's also very bad to breath the fumes. Essentially, it's the industrial glue these toys are assembled with.

Alternately, JB Weld makes some very strong glues. You might try one of those.

Of course, be careful the glue doesn't encounter any moving or mechanical assemblies.

Edited by AcroRay

• 4 weeks later...

After trying to find ambriod pro Weld where I live, what resulted in a complete fail an, interesting opportunity appeared in front of me. One of my friends recently bought a 3d printer and if I could get a 3d model of the piece maybe I could print a new one. It is a little bit risky because it is a little piece, but if it woks maybe it would be a new beginning for making custom model kits and stuff. I will update soon with the results! After trying to find ambriod pro Weld where I live, what resulted in a complete fail an, interesting opportunity appeared in front of me. One of my friends recently bought a 3d printer and if I could get a 3d model of the piece maybe I could print a new one. It is a little bit risky because it is a little piece, but if it woks maybe it would be a new beginning for making custom model kits and stuff. I will update soon with the results!