Yamato First Run 1/60 YF-19

Doublepush

19 minutes ago, RealJayDee said:

Hey guys!!! 

Do you know if the bandai vf 19's wing boosters can be used  with the yamato yf 19????

If anyone succeeded can you please explain? 

I can't say it will but I'll try to check it tonight.

18 hours ago, RealJayDee said:

Hey guys!!! 

Do you know if the bandai vf 19's wing boosters can be used  with the yamato yf 19????

If anyone succeeded can you please explain? 

Hey man. Last night, I just realized you were asking for a Yamato YF-19. I only have the Arcadia release. Sorry.

Seeing as mac 2 and mac plus were what drew me into the Macross series the yf-19/21 and VF-11b were a must for me. I did a lot of research on which is best and watched scorched earth toys very indepth review of the Arcadia, yamato and bandai versions. He compares all versions together which really helps in choosing the one best suited to your needs. I went with the Arcadia 19 myself, but i highly recommend checking out his video review and site anymoon.com

40 minutes ago, TrickyCustomer said:

Seeing as mac 2 and mac plus were what drew me into the Macross series the yf-19/21 and VF-11b were a must for me. I did a lot of research on which is best and watched scorched earth toys very indepth review of the Arcadia, yamato and bandai versions. He compares all versions together which really helps in choosing the one best suited to your needs. I went with the Arcadia 19 myself, but i highly recommend checking out his video review and site anymoon.com

That reviewer is also a member here. Anymoon is @jenius ;) 

1 minute ago, TrickyCustomer said:

The guy's a legend! Love his channel....and have to blame him for helping me decide to buy more valks! Seriously though, very good reviews, transformation guides and website.

Yes, he is. Don't get starstruck though once he replied to your post. :rolleyes: ^_^

15 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Bandai is also releasing an M+ YF-19 this year (I think) with some option parts. 

I know they displayed something before but is it official that they're going to release the YF-19?

4 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Hey man. Last night, I just realized you were asking for a Yamato YF-19. I only have the Arcadia release. Sorry.

No worries. 

My vf 19 advance's leg broke off (cant believe the turbine piece that holds the leg attached to the hip is plastic,  but was able to repair(ish) it) and I want a replacement. 

Wont go for another vf 19. The Arcadia was not one of their best creations (& pricy). 

I would get a yamato only if the boosters can be attached somehow xD

9 minutes ago, RealJayDee said:

No worries. 

My vf 19 advance's leg broke off (cant believe the turbine piece that holds the leg attached to the hip is plastic,  but was able to repair(ish) it) and I want a replacement. 

Wont go for another vf 19. The Arcadia was not one of their best creations (& pricy). 

I would get a yamato only if the boosters can be attached somehow xD

That's why you have to get atleast three. You know, one to display, one to open, and one for just in case. ;)

I personally have the original Yamato release YF-19. In fact that is the only YF or VF 19 toy I have ever purchased aside from the old school OG chunky Yamato release (1/72 I think they were?). Admittedly it has its faults (although at the time of it's release both I and all of Macrossworld were gushing about it's awesomeness lol) I have never seen enough of a reason to "upgrade". Like most collectible toys it was top of the heap for a time but has been one upped by superior efforts. It's still more than good enough for me though. That said the upcoming Bandai release has my interest. If it doesn't sell out 10 minutes before going up for pre-order I just might bite.  The only Macross toys I ever upgraded and dumped were the original Yamato Macross VF-1 toys. I only had a few and they were the best of what was available at the time (Toynami "Masterpieces" anyone?) but as soon as their venerable 1/48 appeared I immediately grew severely underwhelmed at their prior efforts and dumped them on Ebay. Now I don't care what else gets released in the future, a Bandai SOC DX VF-1S, Arcadia 1/60 V3 VF series, I'll buy the new ones but I'm never dumping my 1/48's. Love those big SOBs!