Simon Pegg as co-writer is the first good news I have heard about this film. While he is a hardcore SW fan, he respects the source material, so hopefully we'll get an actual Star Trek film this time. maybe he'll even find a way to close some of the plot holes and stuff some of the demons back into Pandora's box from the last ones.

Not exactly on topic with the film, but I just met Karl Urban today. This guy was amazingly nice! I didn't expect that, I've met some celebrities but I never encountered one who really went above and beyond for a fan. Great to meet him ^_^ wished him luck on this film.

Not exactly on topic with the film, but I just met Karl Urban today. This guy was amazingly nice! I didn't expect that, I've met some celebrities but I never encountered one who really went above and beyond for a fan. Great to meet him ^_^ wished him luck on this film.

I'd rather see him in Dredd 2 than whatever the hell is going on with Reboot 3.

I'd rather see him in Dredd 2 than whatever the hell is going on with Reboot 3.

True true, he said he would love to go back to Almost Human or Dredd. He got on the phone talking to a friend of mine who couldn't come to the con after I told him she's a big dredd fan. What's even funnier is she was watching Dredd that exact moment cause I told her I was gonna get his autograph soon. Next thing she sees is my number answering the phone:

Her: What? I'm watching Dredd right now.

Me: Sorry, but I'm kind of in a bit of trouble....

Her: Oh god what did you do?! Did you embarrass yourself infront of Urban?

Me: Sigh.....here I'll let the Judge explain.

Her: Wait what?

Urban: This is Judge Dredd. I am the Law.

Her: ................... :blink: wait.............. :o OMIGOD!

Urban: Sorry you couldn't make it to the con. But thanks for being a fan. James seems like a great guy. I'll let him off with a warning.

*hands back the phone laughing*

For 4 hours she was either screaming, crying, or hyperventilating.

That movie holds more ground for her then ever before.

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe it's time for Trek to move into full-blown comedy territory...

I thought the Next Generation was a comedy show.

It was like, lets make a space show with zero action and then laugh at the fans... HAHAHAHA.

• 1 month later...

It's a long interview but at the end Simon Pegg talks about writing for Star Trek and it sounds like he at least understands the direction it should go, though the bits about having to ham-fist in the wishes of the F&F director may or may not help the writing.

http://www.denofgeek.us/movies/simon-pegg/244941/simon-pegg-interview-star-trek-3-mission-impossible-kill-me-three-times

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Well, I'm pretty sure the whole movie won't be a Beastie Boys video. And that actually hearkens back to the first JJ film, when young Kirk was driving the classic Corvette.

I actually liked it. It rocked, which I think after the last movie, the series needed. I'm sure the next trailer will probably be more in depth.

As for the movie, it would appear that yet another Enterprise has given it's swan song. Which raises hopes for the next Enterprise! Hopefully it will be Excelsior-esq, as was originally intended for the end of ST III.

And yeah, more action. If we want something more cerebral, I think we'll have to wait for the next ST series next year. Or is it after next year..?

For the movies, expect action, though I do hope we have some moments of plot building fed in there.

Edited by Thom

I don't know what you call it. The lighting, or cinematography, or whatever. But EVERYTHING looked terrible.

Killing the Enterprise in the third movie is what they do. They killed the original one in the third movie as well. Hopefully to make way for a ship that looks better.

I was hoping this movie would be better given Simon Pegg's involvement in the script, despite the fact the studio pushed back and didn't want as much Science Fiction as he was going for, but this trailer was completely unappealing to me as a Star Trek fan. And I'm not sure who it would appeal to, really.

Independence Day 2 and TMNT were more appealing trailers to me.