Bought it for streaming and it holds up well on a second viewing. They really have the character interactions down pat in this one.

Whoa, I didn't know it was out for streaming already, thanks for the heads up!

Chris

And they'll blame Star Trek's failure on this film being more in line with an actual Trek film and not the fact it had TERRIBLE good-will due to the previous horrible one and the poor marketing campaign for this.

Edited by Mommar

Watched this again last night, still enjoyed it far more than Into Dorkness. It was a fun movie all around that respected classic trek while still being new and exciting. Karl Urban was fantastic, as were all the actors, they nailed the characters. Even my wife, seeing it for the first time, noticed the myriad Macross nods and homages in the movie.

• 3 weeks later...

I finally got to see this last night. As a classic Trek fan I thought it was fantastic. I still have my gripes but it's a shame this didn't do as well as the first one or that terrible Not-Khan POS. The Antagonist was not compelling, sadly. I don't have a problem with his origin/motivation coming so late in the film but his motivation was not some strike against the existence of the Federation like was advertised. If he had made it out alive he could have been a decent Khan-like character to revisit for this universe though.

I watched this for a second time over the weekend, hoping I would like it more at home than I remembered when I saw it in the theater. I just didn't get into it...which is a shame, because I really like the new crew, it's just the writing I can't deal with I guess. Need better plots and I agree with Mommar ..better BAD GUY! Eric Bana was great in the first one. Still my favorite new Trek movie by far!

• 3 years later...

I looked and could not find the thread on Star Trek IV (JJ Verse).  It appears it is back on the drawing board with the entire cast on board - but Hemsworth was not listed as being in the movie and a new script is being done.  So maybe a fourth movie will happen - just not the fourth movie they were previously planning.

1 hour ago, Dynaman said:

I looked and could not find the thread on Star Trek IV (JJ Verse).  It appears it is back on the drawing board with the entire cast on board - but Hemsworth was not listed as being in the movie and a new script is being done.  So maybe a fourth movie will happen - just not the fourth movie they were previously planning.

Interesting. I thought there were some high points in the first and third films from JJ's Action Trek series, and I don't mind giving the alt universe another visit if this project wraps up and makes it to the cinema. The second one, though, I wish I could forget that experience. With luck, this won't track in that scandalous direction.