jvmacross

Macross puzzles

Although I am not a puzzle collector...I couldn't pass up this vintage Macross puzzle from Seika Note Co. Ltd..... :)

gallery_12176_633_2409007.jpg

gallery_12176_633_1814518.jpg

gallery_12176_633_335774.jpg

gallery_12176_633_1714373.jpg

gallery_12176_633_1214230.jpg

gallery_12176_633_286728.jpg

I believe they were released during the 15th or 20th anniversary of Macross....so either '97 or '02...great art on those boxes....

Although I am not a puzzle collector...I couldn't pass up this vintage Macross puzzle from Seika Note Co. Ltd..... :)

gallery_12176_633_2409007.jpg

I had one of these yyyeeeaaarrrsss ago but it mysteriously went missing.. I think my cousin may have somehow smuggled it out of my house when I wasn't there. My mum told me that he came over to get something he left over once which I couldn't think what it was.. it wasn't till long after that I noticed this was missing but at the time never made the connection. Im sure it was him who took it.

I had one of these yyyeeeaaarrrsss ago but it mysteriously went missing.. I think my cousin may have somehow smuggled it out of my house when I wasn't there. My mum told me that he came over to get something he left over once which I couldn't think what it was.. it wasn't till long after that I noticed this was missing but at the time never made the connection. Im sure it was him who took it.

You had this as a kid?...Lucky you!

Want another one?

You had this as a kid?...Lucky you!

Want another one?

I had a whole lot of stuff actually.. my father made quite a few trips to Japan in the 80's and early 90's for work and he was able to find some interesting things!

Hmmm possibly.. what would you be asking for it?

I had a whole lot of stuff actually.. my father made quite a few trips to Japan in the 80's and early 90's for work and he was able to find some interesting things!

Hmmm possibly.. what would you be asking for it?

That's cool...you must have had alot of neat stuff...any of it survive?

PM'd you.

I bought it. I want to say Nine years ago. When that "place" (we both know) was a gold mine

I found one puzzle from a long time ago. Mixed with other books (unfortunately, it's hiding behind the pile on the right):

Edit: on the top part of the pix.

post-458-0-34393100-1456805987_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bub

I found one puzzle from a long time ago. Mixed with other books (unfortunately, it's hiding behind the pile on the right):

Edit: on the top part of the pix.

I'd like to see a better shot of it when you get a chance....nice furoku finds!

What does "furoku" mean?

Anyway, here's a better shot of the puzzle... And the horrible back part:

post-458-0-26487200-1458991089_thumb.jpg

post-458-0-21598700-1458991210_thumb.jpg

What does "furoku" mean?

Anyway, here's a better shot of the puzzle... And the horrible back part:

Furoku are basically "freebies" often included in Japanese magazines. Macross examples would be posters, stickers, booklets, etc. It's literally a whole collectible niche of it's own. I have several, but I don't think I will ever have them all.

You can view several Macross furoku from my collection in these two threads:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=29270

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=29133&page=1

The puzzle actually looks like a furoku itself.....may have been included with an issue of the TV Kun magazine from the SDFM era...especially since it is dual sided and looks like a Masami illustration...

Here is a pic of a kids book that has the same image....

gallery_12176_640_346110.jpg

"MS"? ^_^

On 2015-2-21 at 4:50 AM, garyboy_palaboy said:

Im not sure when this was made, but i got a puzzle too

20150214_235801_827_zpschfjnfyk.jpg

I have the same puzzle. I can't find info abouit. Also I want to know the value/price nowadays 'cause is made in japan in 1982.

4 minutes ago, Charles Renoir said:

I have the same puzzle. I can't find info abouit. Also I want to know the value/price nowadays 'cause is made in japan in 1982.

They were not released during the original SDFM broadcast.  The puzzle you have was released during the 15th or 20th of Macross...so either 1997 or 2002.

Here are others from the same series:

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/collectibles/_collectibles_puzzles.htm