LOTR Fellowship and Two Towers

bandit29

Like this was any surprise lol

http://filmforce.ign.com/lotr/articles/435...5/435024p1.html

August 22, 2003 - This December, lucky fans of The Lord of the Rings will get the chance to see the ultimate in-theater movie marathon.

New Line Cinema has announced that it will be releasing the extended DVD versions of both The Fellowship of the Ring and The Two Towers in select U.S. and Canadian markets two weeks before The Return of the King opens. About 100 theaters in the U.S. and 20 in Canada will participate.

Fellowship will be first, hitting venues December 5th. The Two Towers will follow on the 12th, and on the 16th, there will be a marathon in which audiences will be able to watch both films back-to-back, directly followed by the first midnight showing of The Return of the King.

Although this is quite a limited release, New Line Cinema expects additional theaters to do one-time showings of the two extended films.

Also on the subject of The Return of the King, a nice new series of posters for the third film have been revealed online at the film's official website, as well as some new desktop wallpaper.

As long as they had, say 45 min to one hour breaks between films and showed no advertisements before any of the films (or at least the second two) I think it'd be great.

Of course I'm still bitter about Japan getting each move a full three months after just about EVERY OTHER COUNTRY IN THE WORLD, but that could just be me. Not to mention DVD's on Oct. 10th and then Dec. something.... *bah!* Harry Potter on the other hand is almost the same fricken day... *boils in disgust*

Oh well... enjoy it guys, I wish I could be there.

my ass hurts just thinking about it. :blink:

I know how you feel. That's at least 10 hours of movie viewing and sitting(around 3 hours each movie and extra time if it runs over 3 a bit), usually in a cold theater as well(ac is one thing but some theaters freeze you). That's not counting previews they will most likely be showing.

Hehe, the odd flip side to North America's freezing theaters is Tokyo's roasting ones. Many new-style theaters have sprung up outside the monopoly zones in the citys that are immune to this, but watching a summer blockbuster in Tokyo can be a lession in pain and endurance. ;) First there is the size of the old theathers, easily seating 1,500 people (counting the balcony) then there is the general lack of AC to counter all of these peoples' body heat and the heat outside. Top all of that off with seats that were designed with at the "Pack 'em In" school of sadistic furniture design and a gaijin size body, and you'd be lucky if you ever want to see a movie again.

Watching Episode I under these conditions was double tourture! ;)

Sweaty forearms sticking to wooden armrests are no fun.

I know it's geeky as hell... but I'm tempted to do it. Reminds of being a kid when me and my brother would watch our poor quality dubbed StarWars trilogy VHS tapes all in one night.

It's not my ass that hurts thinking about doing something like spending 10 hours watching LoTR, it's my schedule... how the hell do I alot that amount of time to anything other than a road trip? :huh:

Wonder how much a seat will cost for this marathon... 25 bucks?

That seems like a reasonable price. But, to sit on that seat for just ONE of the Lord of the Rings movies makes my legs ache. I can't imagine sitting through the first two movies at once.

I'm also watching the Two Towers right now. "You will die before your stroke fell." Gotta love that Legolas.