Well if anything if Jared Leto sort of freaked me out as the Joker. I have this feeling just from the trailer that he will be the highlight of the movie.

Not surprising, he's the most talented member of the cast.

I was holding out the hope that, after a proper trailer, maybe I'd be a little more interested. I mean, it worked for Batman V. Superman, right?

Nope. Somehow after seeing the trailer this movie looks worse than I expected. You guys saying Leto is the highlight are extra nuts.

I was holding out the hope that, after a proper trailer, maybe I'd be a little more interested. I mean, it worked for Batman V. Superman, right?

Nope. Somehow after seeing the trailer this movie looks worse than I expected. You guys saying Leto is the highlight are extra nuts.

He's a good actor. I go by track record, not 2 seconds of footage in a teaser.

He's a good actor. I go by track record, not 2 seconds of footage in a teaser.

An actor can be good, but not right for the role, or their take on a character might not be the best. For that matter, Leto could be doing the best with what the writers/producers are giving him to work with. But since I haven't see a movie with Leto in it since Fight Club, all I've got is the teaser footage to go on.

An actor can be good, but not right for the role, or their take on a character might not be the best. For that matter, Leto could be doing the best with what the writers/producers are giving him to work with. But since I haven't see a movie with Leto in it since Fight Club, all I've got is the teaser footage to go on.

Man, you're missing out on some good films. Hit up the IMDB and get on it!

Trailer looks way better than Batman v Superman's. This could be WB's best answer to The Avengers as DC Comic's villains are simply better and more iconic than Marvel's IMHO.

Uh, The Avengers isn't a villain movie, I'm not quite sure I get your comparison here. And let's be honest, outside of the Joker, the vast majority of movie-goers has no idea who any of these characters are. Hell, I don't know who any of them are.

Uh, The Avengers isn't a villain movie, I'm not quite sure I get your comparison here. And let's be honest, outside of the Joker, the vast majority of movie-goers has no idea who any of these characters are. Hell, I don't know who any of them are.

I think he means we can name off more DC villains than we possibly could Marvel outside of loki and ultron.

I should of pointed out that Suicide Squad is the opposite of The Avengers in terms of heroes and villains teaming up. As for not knowing who the villains are the audience will learn who they after they see this movie, more so if its a success which I expect it will be.

Also, Leto's Joker is really creepy however shouldn't we expect and older Joker with an older Batman?

Edited by TangledThorns

As a non-hard core comic book fan...I have to agree that the Joker is probably the most widely recognized comic book villain of all time....can he get enough folks into the cinema to see Suicide Squad? Probably. I have said it before. The DC film makers have very little room for failure....they have ballz of steel to have started so early with something like Suicide Squad....I think they deserve the benefit of the doubt....for all you more informed DC fans...who are the DC heroes associated with each of the villains in Suicide Squad? I think it would be cool to show a quick snippet of each villain being taken down by the respective DC hero before being carted off to prison....would be great fan service and setup future stand alone movies....unless, of course, they were all put there by Batman? Like i said, I am only familiar with Joker in this movie....

I think he means we can name off more DC villains than we possibly could Marvel outside of loki and ultron.

Sure, but they both fail in this regard. You could make the argument that the Joker is the only truly "name brand" villain to come out of comics. No other is known to his degree.

• 3 weeks later...

for all you more informed DC fans...who are the DC heroes associated with each of the villains in Suicide Squad? I think it would be cool to show a quick snippet of each villain being taken down by the respective DC hero before being carted off to prison....would be great fan service and setup future stand alone movies....unless, of course, they were all put there by Batman? Like i said, I am only familiar with Joker in this movie....

http://comicbook.com/2015/07/29/batman-v-superman-robin-batmans-loss-suicide-squad-teased/#Image6

"The real surprise, however, is that Batman has fought and capture every super villain in DC’s Suicide Squad, which includes Deadshot, Boomerang, and Killer Croc, and several more characters."

So now we know... ;)

Sure, but they both fail in this regard. You could make the argument that the Joker is the only truly "name brand" villain to come out of comics. No other is known to his degree.

What about Lex Luther?

Edited by Dobber

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm pretty excited about this one! Having just wrapped out of it - I hope I can get back to a model or two before the next thing starts up. It was pretty special and a great crew. I have my fingers crossed for this.

I'm pretty excited about this one! Having just wrapped out of it - I hope I can get back to a model or two before the next thing starts up. It was pretty special and a great crew. I have my fingers crossed for this.

Cool! I think it looks pretty good so far and am cautiously optimistic about it and BvS.

Chris

• 4 months later...

The visuals are all there, but I wonder why I should care for any of the characters.

Fair point....but let's face it there are plenty of show's out there that revolve around shitty people doing bad things like SOA, Shameless, and Breaking Bad to name a few, that are wildly successful. It's why I couldn't get into any of those shows, I hated the characters. BUT, for some reason it doesn't bother me here, maybe because it's not based in reality so to speak. Where as gangs, a-hole neighbors/families, and drug dealers ect are all very real. So I can just enjoy these bad guys. Dunno.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

Great use of music, humor, and the best shots in the movie make for a pretty good trailer. They also probably showed way too much, and I question whether or not it's an accurate representation of the movie. I mean, it's DC, so I assume dark, gritty, and brooding.