Macross Elysium

Falconkpd

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know I started a Patreon account a few months back. I frequently post my artwork there as well as some other stuff that doesn't normally see the light of day! It would mean the world to me if you guys pledged.

https://www.patreon.com/user?u=956470&ty=h

• 3 months later...

I'm really loving this story. I also like the little extras you throw in there, such as the merchandise that drops on the floor. Good additions. I can't wait to see where all this goes.

I'm really loving this story. I also like the little extras you throw in there, such as the merchandise that drops on the floor. Good additions. I can't wait to see where all this goes.

Thanks, Jason. I've got a lot of ideas for where this can go. Next time we chat, I might share a few with you.

Not sure if it's just my mobile browser but the images didn't load up in any kind of logical order. I didn't realise it was off till I'd read all (18?) pages. I kept thinking, "none of this makes any sense!"

Anyone else have that problem?

Beautiful work, Kyle!

Pretty cool, one minor nit, in zero-G environ/exo-atm smoke just forms a cloud, it doesn't rise. Smoke rises due to temperature differential with the air. In 0G is just expands out in all directions.

Pretty cool, one minor nit, in zero-G environ/exo-atm smoke just forms a cloud, it doesn't rise. Smoke rises due to temperature differential with the air. In 0G is just expands out in all directions.

Actually, the rogue planet they're on would have about 1/6th the gravity of Earth and a scarce atmosphere, though the smoke is pretty much a stretch for sure. Still, I hope you liked it!

Not sure if it's just my mobile browser but the images didn't load up in any kind of logical order. I didn't realise it was off till I'd read all (18?) pages. I kept thinking, "none of this makes any sense!"

Anyone else have that problem?

Beautiful work, Kyle!

Huh, weird- I don't know why that would be like that...I'll take a look and see if my mobile browser does that.

EDIT: I think I may have found the issue. When I was uploading these to deviantart, it seems some of them ended up with "Cover" rather than "Page #" in the title. They're fixed now. Try it now and lemme know! :) Thanks for the heads up.

Edited by Falconkpd

• 1 month later...

Sorted! Thanks for looking into (and fixing) that.

EDIT: I think I may have found the issue. When I was uploading these to deviantart, it seems some of them ended up with "Cover" rather than "Page #" in the title. They're fixed now. Try it now and lemme know! :) Thanks for the heads up.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Haven't posted anything in a while, so I figured I'd put up one of my Keiko concept sketches for the chapter 5 cover. I'm also happy to announce that I've got a facebook group up and running for Elysium! Any likes or comments would be appreciated.

EDIT: Seems Neoka beat me to posting the facebook group...huh.

https://www.facebook.com/MacrossElysium/?fref=ts

13166123_1167494083300785_26338293468946

Edited by Falconkpd

• 4 weeks later...

Do you have any spec details on your Sapphire Team Leader Valk? Mods apart from the Twin Carbine version gun pods and VF25 Sniper Rifle pod? Colours etc. Want to make it from a Hasegawa model.

Do you have any spec details on your Sapphire Team Leader Valk? Mods apart from the Twin Carbine version gun pods and VF25 Sniper Rifle pod? Colours etc. Want to make it from a Hasegawa model.

Hey! Glad to hear you want to make a model! The VF-19MT/S Excalibur Plus is based on the VF-19S of Macross 7 with the canards of the YF-19 retained in the design. Apart from its weapons, the fighter has the advanced exhaust system from Macross the Ride's VF-19ACTIVE. In a sense, the MT/S is to the ACTIVE as the F-15S/MTD is to the F-15ACTIVE in the real world. Besides being equipped with EX gear, there are not many more aesthetic changes. If you have any other questions let me know

Colours and markings?

So I can use a NOTHUNG as a base for it in fighter mode? I have one. Also have spare gunpods to shorten into your carbines. Assuming they mount outboard of the arms when folded in fighter mode with the Sniper rifle on the centreline.

I'll have to dig up the reference I made a while back, but the main body is flat Navy Blue with yellow and black stripes similar to Emerald Force from Macross 7. You could use the Nothung's fuselage and legs as a base, but the wings are the Macross 7 19S style short forward swept designs. You might have to do some kitbashing.

nvm I got the wrong model... the Nothung is an 11B

You mean its a hybrid of this things engines...

9391586010_7a27cf8c48_b.jpg

...and this things wings...

2009_10260024.jpg

ohhhhh this will be fun...

Engines from this...

R2_PT2_Page_5Custom.jpg

Wings and Fuselage from this...

8b567abd27108feae5e39897fb69e7c1.jpg

Edited by NZEOD

• 1 month later...

Okay guys, update. So, Probably won't be done by July 31st, due to a side project that ate up a bit of time, but believe me, I'm literally working on Chapter 6 right now.

Thanks for being so patient guys, I hope to make it worth the wait!

Okay guys, update. So, Probably won't be done by July 31st, due to a side project that ate up a bit of time, but believe me, I'm literally working on Chapter 6 right now.

Thanks for being so patient guys, I hope to make it worth the wait!

Looking forward to it!

• 2 weeks later...