DX Chogokin YF-29B Percival

IXTL

I stuck to my 1x 29 per color scheme rule. I cancelled the one I had secured at CDJ. I love ordering from shops that actually allow the consumer to change their mind, unlike some of the notorious shops that have mentioned here in the past.

I just cancelled my pre-order as well. It was a challenge to break away from the completest drive I usually have when it comes to collecting. But I really don't need another YF-29 nor do I have the room. I already have 4 and I'm selling one of those right now.

some stores still specify the end of the month.. so yeah I'd rather get it sooner than later.

Cancelled my PO. Although I like the colors, I don't want another YF-29.

I just cancelled my pre-order as well. It was a challenge to break away from the completest drive I usually have when it comes to collecting. But I really don't need another YF-29 nor do I have the room. I already have 4 and I'm selling one of those right now.

I'll admit it was only a couple of weeks ago I briefly had similar thoughts of doing the same thing.. Its not that I don't like it, I really do! its just that for a moment I thought to myself do I really need another color version of the same thing? CDJ would have refunded me easy enough had I wanted to cancel but seeing its paid for and it didn't put me out doing so AND then just looking at the photos of it again makes me sure I still want it! It does really look pretty good if not better than the others or at least equal to Ozma. Biggest issue is finding room to display it. Looks like that extra display cabinet has finally gotta happen!

some stores still specify the end of the month.. so yeah I'd rather get it sooner than later.

I'll admit it was only a couple of weeks ago I briefly had similar thoughts of doing the same thing.. Its not that I don't like it, I really do! its just that for a moment I thought to myself do I really need another color version of the same thing? CDJ would have refunded me easy enough had I wanted to cancel but seeing its paid for and it didn't put me out doing so AND then just looking at the photos of it again makes me sure I still want it! It does really look pretty good if not better than the others or at least equal to Ozma. Biggest issue is finding room to display it. Looks like that extra display cabinet has finally gotta happen!

I very much agree. I don't NEED another 29, but the fact that it's a completely different color, and from a different character, makes me want this one more than the others. I did get the Isamu version, but realize that I didn't really need it. Especially now have a 19 and a 19 Advance. Ozma has a 25, and Alto still has a 25F. I think a new character's 29 works well.

Edit: I just tried to pay, and realized that it was through CD Japan, and already paid for. Yay for me, I guess.

Edited by Jasonc

Edit: I just tried to pay, and realized that it was through CD Japan, and already paid for. Yay for me, I guess.

Hehe! That's the beauty of CDJ! (and NY) get the payment done and dusted early so you don't get caught out near release!

I know many people don't like to pre-pay but to be honest I much prefer it! Hence why most of my purchases are done with CDJ & NY..

I think it also makes it less likely that you'll have your pre-order cancelled upon release if the stock numbers are tight.. I'd say they'd prefer to honor a pre-order which has been paid in full and happier to cancel an order for someone who is yet to pay.. I've had pre-orders cancelled on me through HLJ and Amiami in the past..

There really isn't any excuse for them not to offer the option to pre-pay seeing that freight charges for most carriers have flat rates for each region.. Perhaps there is a little profiteering with the freight charges happening? Not saying that's how it is but hey you never know!

it feels like aoshima and their half dozen paint variants. I wouldnt mind getting more than one if the head is different at least, like the Isamu.

Yeah i much prefer the head types of Ozma & Isamu variants than the horned head it comes with.. -_-

I have a Valkyrie addiction problem, so I feel no need to justify the purchase. :lol:

Sad, but true..

As do I! hehe! I think we should start up a support group.. Valkyrieholics anonymous.. :p:D

Edited by spanner76

When does HLJ typically send out payment requests?

in my experience HLJ send the payment request around the launch date. I think they pretty much send the request when they have the stock available.

Normally NY wants payment two weeks prior to release, for this one it's only four days out.

True. NY always asks for payment 2 weeks prior of release date. And it's almost 2 weeks (12 days to be exact before the 18th) since Saburo mentioned last July 6 that he received his payment due notice from NY.

True. NY always asks for payment 2 weeks prior of release date. And it's almost 2 weeks (12 days to be exact before the 18th) since Saburo mentioned last July 6 that he received his payment due notice from NY.

No, they expect payment two weeks prior to release. Not four days prior to release.

No, they expect payment two weeks prior to release. Not four days prior to release.

I didn't say it was 4 days prior of release. I'm actually agreeing with you that it's 2 weeks prior of release.

Oh, reading comprehension went out the window there. lol

No worries Mommar. ;) I just have to re-read 10X again the conversation just to make sure that I did understand what you and I said. Hehehe. :lol:

Happens to the best of us. :)

True. True. True. :lol:

oops...totally let my nippon yasan order expire (got cancelled becasue forgot to pay). what are the chances this will be available on release? its not a hero valk so pretty good right? FWIW i would totally trade my MISB isamu yf-29 for this one.

I'd say as long as you keep an eye out for the next few days after the release, you should be able to score one. The VF-19 Adv is way more popular but it was available from a bunch of stores multiple times after release. Worst case scenario if you miss all those and really want one, you could buy from N-Y after release and pay their severely marked up prices.