DX Chogokin YF-29B Percival

IXTL

Straightening out bent antennae is a little easier if you run them under some hot water first. It may take several straightening sessions before they're finally where you want them, but it's doable.

I usually bend them way over in the other direction till they eventually settle in the middle. :o

Bandai really should have included some hard replacements (something they've done for years on other product lines).

never tried the hot water trick! You should give this a go Treatment!

I know most (if not all) of the tricks on how to try straighten deformed pvc stuff.

I shouldn't have to do any of it at the pricing of this toy, anyway. I don't want to buy any extra stuff, either.

I ain't the one who screwed it up.

Like I said, I'll keep it as such for now just to remind me how Bandai screws it up deliberately when it comes to Macross stuff.

Edited by treatment

Seems unlikely unless they reissue. Personally i think they're done with the frontier valks for awhile. They haven't released a dx frontier since Aug with none announced in the near future. I think the next dx release will be the vf-31 probably early next year.

Seems more likely to coincide with the Delta release in December 2016. I'm expecting a few reissues to fill the gap in the meantime.

Delta is not being released in Dec. the special is going to show a rough cut of episode 1. I'm betting we don't see the series officially start until around April. Also It's a bit late to announce reissues for release before dec.

I meant reissues slated for release next year (maybe April) up till December 2016.

Delta is not being released in Dec. the special is going to show a rough cut of episode 1. I'm betting we don't see the series officially start until around April. Also It's a bit late to announce reissues for release before dec.

You know, it wouldn't be surprising to see Frontier stuffs getting reissue in 2018 for the 10th Anniversary of Macross Frontier.

Seems unlikely unless they reissue. Personally i think they're done with the frontier valks for awhile. They haven't released a dx frontier since Aug with none announced in the near future. I think the next dx release will be the vf-31 probably early next year.

I bet there will be more Frontier or Macross 30 stuff at Tamashii Nations. Probably the supers for Rod and some other stuff besides Delta.

Why? Is the antennae crooked or something...

:ph34r:

The antennaes are fabulously not straight...

Figma. It came with the Eva Girl figures. Based on the color, it looks like it's the one that came with Rei Ayanami. Hope that helps. ;) [/font][/size]

Yeah, the seating is from the EVA figma line. They all have the same color-scheme regardless of the girl, iirc.

The antennaes are fabulously not straight...

Yeah, the seating is from the EVA figma line. They all have the same color-scheme regardless of the girl, iirc.

It's not straight??? That I didn't know. j/k ;)

So the EVA cockpit from all the girls are the same? Thought it varies on the color. And this is based on what I've seen on Hobby Search. Thought Rei came with white color and the rest are somehow silver metallic. Guess I need to rest my eye now. :lol:

Hey everyone! I already asked what can I do with the missing right canard on my Yf-29 b I got a few weeks ago. I spend half the month in Miami and the other half in Chile due to my job as a flight attendant, and would have problems receiving it in my home in Miami. The seller says I would have to send it back and from there to bandai for inspection and then probably get a new Valk. This is really upsetting and nervewracking. Would anyone perhaps have a busted Yf-29 willing to donate or sell this part? I'm sorry if i'm posting in the wrong section but would appreciate any help ( even if someone could make a recast that would be great. ) thanks very much and have a good one!

Hey everyone! I already asked what can I do with the missing right canard on my Yf-29 b I got a few weeks ago. I spend half the month in Miami and the other half in Chile due to my job as a flight attendant, and would have problems receiving it in my home in Miami. The seller says I would have to send it back and from there to bandai for inspection and then probably get a new Valk. This is really upsetting and nervewracking. Would anyone perhaps have a busted Yf-29 willing to donate or sell this part? I'm sorry if i'm posting in the wrong section but would appreciate any help ( even if someone could make a recast that would be great. ) thanks very much and have a good one!

Have you received it already damaged?

As such, you can just try to return it to the seller to get your money back and just buy a newer one from the usual japanese-shops.

You can try stalking hlj or amiami or any of the usual japanese shops for new or used yf-29b.

Jungle currently has a couple sealed ones at: http://jungle-scs.co.jp/sale_en/?page_id=116&do=detail&id=103000007267

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Someone asked on my youtube channel and I don't know, if you want to straighten out the head lasers (or replace them with shapeways rigid replacements), can you just pop them out or will you likely damage them?

Someone asked on my youtube channel and I don't know, if you want to straighten out the head lasers (or replace them with shapeways rigid replacements), can you just pop them out or will you likely damage them?

I was wondering about that.

I tried pulling out the lasers off mine, but there seems to be some kind of catch that prevents it from getting released easily, unlike the other yf-29 (alto? anniv?) from your channel or somebody else's.

I stop pulling 'em thinking it'll damage something.