DX Chogokin YF-29B Percival

IXTL

Just got my yf-29b this morning. Head lasers are fairly straight. there is a slight bend in one but nothing bad. Wow, this thing is awesome. It feels so good, so solid, so much nicer than the Arcadia valkyries.

Pic incoming

30245331813_1d93110ed0_b.jpg

Nicer than the Arcadia Valks? No.

^ Ditto. ;) DX looks and feels more toy than Yamato/Arcadia's.

Edited by no3Ljm

I dont know if nicer but feels less fragile

While with my arcadias I have scare every time I transform it I feel the opposite with the dx line I really enjoy the transformation process and think is in general terms a better toy although arcadia has a finer sculpture but is more like a model kit playable

Holy crap what a frustrating transformation. Im never taking this out of fighter mode again.

Holy crap what a frustrating transformation. Im never taking this out of fighter mode again.

Yeah. It's a very nice valk, but it is a bit frustrating and more involved when transforming into battroid-mode than compare to, say, the Yamato VF-1v2 and VF-4G, and even to the VF-11b.

I say just a bit above the Yamato VF-22 in transformation efforts.

I think it's just coz the YF-29 has alot of moving parts like the damn wings and the nosecone/hip/waist routine.

Then changing it back to fighter and gerwalk ups the efforts. Lining up and securely pegging stuff can become a chore. Then adding the gun and lining it up properly on the included stand-adapter is another effort.

As Jenius said, the transformation routine does gets a bit easier with experience.

Plastic quality is about the same, imo. Glossy compared to the matte-ish of the Yamato. It's a chogokin so it is SOC-like in plastic-quality.

As such, I never really had a scare when transforming any of my yammies, especially those rather tight 1/60v2, but this Bandai chogokin did made me pause a bit more than usual during transformation routine. I really thought I might break off the wings or the legs or even the pop-up cannons. Opening the missile-doors were a chore every damn time, Paint-scratching or whatever is always on the back of my mind. Get yourself some cloth and clothed toothpick or something if you feel like it.

Oh, and the damn stupid bendy antennaes on mine are just :blink::fool::angry:

Otherwise, it's a great valk. Mine hasn't gotten the loose limbs syndrome that other yf-29 variant owners have reported.

Well, at least, not yet. I got mine on fighter-mode all the time... :touche:

As such, reposting this pic coz just coz...

http://i.imgur.com/yswRF6Tl.jpg

yswRF6Tl.jpg

:bump:

Just got my yf-29b this morning. Head lasers are fairly straight. there is a slight bend in one but nothing bad. Wow, this thing is awesome. It feels so good, so solid, so much nicer than the Arcadia valkyries.

Pic incoming

30245331813_1d93110ed0_b.jpg

I got mine today as well. My head laser is bent by pretty much the same amount. Same side laser too.

Can't comment on the Bandia-Arcadia quality argument as this is my first valk, but the plastic seemed awfully creaky on it. Maybe that's just the nature of the beast, I don't know.

My only issue with the transformation was that with the canards, beam turret, and wings, there was just so much hanging off it was hard to keep track of everything and make sure nothing was trying to occupy the same space as something else. The actual process was easy enough.

I got mine today as well. My head laser is bent by pretty much the same amount. Same side laser too.

Can't comment on the Bandia-Arcadia quality argument as this is my first valk, but the plastic seemed awfully creaky on it. Maybe that's just the nature of the beast, I don't know.

My only issue with the transformation was that with the canards, beam turret, and wings, there was just so much hanging off it was hard to keep track of everything and make sure nothing was trying to occupy the same space as something else. The actual process was easy enough.

Yeah, the canard placement is really awkward for transforming to/posing in battroid mode.

Yeah. It's a very nice valk, but it is a bit frustrating and more involved when transforming into battroid-mode than compare to, say, the Yamato VF-1v2 and VF-4G, and even to the VF-11b.

I say just a bit above the Yamato VF-22 in transformation efforts.

I think it's just coz the YF-29 has alot of moving parts like the damn wings and the nosecone/hip/waist routine.

Then changing it back to fighter and gerwalk ups the efforts. Lining up and securely pegging stuff can become a chore. Then adding the gun and lining it up properly on the included stand-adapter is another effort.

As Jenius said, the transformation routine does gets a bit easier with experience.

Plastic quality is about the same, imo. Glossy compared to the matte-ish of the Yamato. It's a chogokin so it is SOC-like in plastic-quality.

As such, I never really had a scare when transforming any of my yammies, especially those rather tight 1/60v2, but this Bandai chogokin did made me pause a bit more than usual during transformation routine. I really thought I might break off the wings or the legs or even the pop-up cannons. Opening the missile-doors were a chore every damn time, Paint-scratching or whatever is always on the back of my mind. Get yourself some cloth and clothed toothpick or something if you feel like it.

Oh, and the damn stupid bendy antennaes on mine are just :blink::fool::angry:

Otherwise, it's a great valk. Mine hasn't gotten the loose limbs syndrome that other yf-29 variant owners have reported.

Well, at least, not yet. I got mine on fighter-mode all the time... :touche:

As such, reposting this pic coz just coz...

http://i.imgur.com/yswRF6Tl.jpg

yswRF6Tl.jpg

:bump:

wow! look at the banana lasers on that bad boy! hehe! :lol::rolleyes::unsure:

tisk tisk Bandai for letting this QC issue slip through.. <_<

• 4 months later...