DX Chogokin YF-29B Percival

IXTL

I got one of these in the mail literally two days ago with some Figuarts stuff from HLJ, a gift for my girlfriend's brother, aka my unfortunately future brother in law, and sure enough, he already broke the damn thing. And he broke it in exactly the same spot I broke the only Frontier valk I ever had, right at the neck, while attempting to put in battroid, over-engineered, un-necessarily complicated Bandai strikes again. I knew I shouldn't have gotten this for him, I was just going to get him a PG Gundam model, but he likes Frontier for some odd reason and wanted to check out Bandai's offerings, and sure enough that's what he got. HLJ said there's nothing they can do, which I expected, it's just really sucky, I've been burned twice now on the only two Bandai valks I've ever purchased. He called and asked about the head/neck area while trying to transform it, I couldn't help him, when I broke my 25A I tried to get some help here but pictures and text descriptions only go so far, I pointed him to video reviews and other transformation videos, but nothing helped, and now yet another expensive valk is crippled. He said he'll be keeping it in fighter, which sucks, it's a transforming toy that couldn't be and now can never be properly transformed. I thought this was the best looking 29 Bandai put out too, I thoroughly dislike Frontier, but it still sucks to see a supossedly high quality figure like this already ruined. Never again, for real this time, I mean it, never again Bandai! -END RANT-

Congrats to everyone who got theirs. :D

@derex3592 & @OzmaLee47 the head lasers on the both of yours are nice and straight.

@TKing22 Sorry about what had happened. :(

@abbadon, here is your picture request.

Yeah!!! Thanks, man! Looks awesome as expected!

saburo that double stance is simply badass!! double thumbs up!! B))B))

the percival/30 combo rocks..i like the how they compliment each other...

i wonder if one face's off each other but focused on the heads only like a boxing poster...

apologies in advance as its not a request but only a tot...

If that photo doesn't sell the YF-29b or the YF-30, I don't know what will. :D

Thanks you. :D

Yeah!!! Thanks, man! Looks awesome as expected!

You're welcome and thank you.

saburo that double stance is simply badass!! double thumbs up!! B))B))

the percival/30 combo rocks..i like the how they compliment each other...

i wonder if one face's off each other but focused on the heads only like a boxing poster...

apologies in advance as its not a request but only a tot...

Thank you. I agree they do look great together. They are a deadly team up too, the 29 outfitted with long range cannons and the 30 with swarms of missiles. :o

Boxing poster huh? I'll see what I can do, maybe not right now but when I have some time. ;)

@abbadon One more. :D @Spanner here's one for your phone. ;)

19594247794_2a051cff72_h.jpg

Edited by Saburo

Thanks you. :D

You're welcome and thank you.

Thank you. I agree they do look great together. They are a deadly team up too, the 29 outfitted with long range cannons and the 30 with swarms of missiles. :o

Boxing poster huh? I'll see what I can do, maybe not right now but when I have some time. ;)

@abbadon One more. :D @Spanner here's one for your phone. ;)

Wow! I might use this for my phone as well. Cool shot, Saburo!

Edited by abbadon

Awesome shots, Saburo!

Guys, if any of you have attempted to photograph the way this gentleman does, you'll know how hard it is to get anything like the quality he routinely posts.

I tried this last night with nearly the same gear that Saburo used to use (exact same camera and an even higher quality lens) and my results were terrible! Too soft, not enough of the subject sharply focussed, lousy color, etc...

Don't let his humility fool you, we've got some serious talent in our midst!

Saburo, thanks again for sharing your craft with us. :)

Awesome shots, Saburo!

Guys, if any of you have attempted to photograph the way this gentleman does, you'll know how hard it is to get anything like the quality he routinely posts.

I tried this last night with nearly the same gear that Saburo used to use (exact same camera and an even higher quality lens) and my results were terrible! Too soft, not enough of the subject sharply focussed, lousy color, etc...

+1! :D

@Saburo Hehe! Even before I read your comment I saw that pic and thought it would make an excellent phone wallpaper! ;)

HAHA! I am glad you like your phone wallpaper. :)

Awesome shots, Saburo!

Thank you for your kind words, mickyg. :) I am happy to share with MW and other outside of MW forums.

I know you'll get up to speed quickly with your photography, your background and the awesome resource you have tells me so. :D Looking forward to your pics.

+1! :D

:D

Nice pics saburo....what camare you use?

I used to shoot with a Canon 7D, but a few months ago I upgraded a Canon 5DS.

I tell ya, if Saburo's pics don't make you want this Valk, nothing will.

This works on me too. I have had friend ask to take pics of some of their toys (that I don't collect) and after shooting them I want to get one. :lol: I have kept control so far. ;)

Paging Saburo. VF-4G Phone Wallpaper (vertical shot) please. ^_^

I am still up and at work, might be hard to get all of the VF-4G into a vertical.

I can do a shot like how Xigfrid has his wallpaper setup, nevermind I'll just do an almost top down and you can adjust from there. :D

Something like this.

20044618155_fd12cd99a0_h.jpg

Edited by Saburo

This is awesome! Going to go through some Saburo pics I've saved and find one to do the very same!

If I can make a request, there are many other photographers on MW who's photos would make great wallpapers too. If a new thread is created please make it a general thread.

I am still up and at work, might be hard to get all of the VF-4G into a vertical.

I can do a shot like how Xigfrid has his wallpaper setup, nevermind I'll just do an almost top down and you can adjust from there. :D

Something like this.

20044618155_fd12cd99a0_h.jpg

Yeah! Something like that and one Battroid top down like what you do to other Battroids. Oh yeah! Thanks Saburo. ^_^

This angle looks nice:

20036802992_669de8745a_z.jpg

added a light streak effect to it and I reckon it looks pretty cool! :D what you think?

Screenshot_2015-08-03-20-32-07.png

Wicked! ;) Edited by no3ljm

Very nice lock screen Spanner, but I prefer it natural without the light effect.

I still have the pic without the light effect saved so i still have the option revert back to it. In fact i might just do so now. I cant get it to apply that effect without altering the overall shade of the Valk which kinda bugs me a bit.. but i still like it though! :)

Edited by spanner76