DX Chogokin YF-29B Percival

IXTL

Im so excited for this figure...his paint scheme look awesome ....

For any australian on here ...all 3 of yous .. :p im trying to get a local store to preorder this figure in, so we don't have to go through this pre order madness , just PM me so i can get an approx number to help out....

Edited by lancalot

Im so excited for this figure...his paint scheme look awesome ....

For any australian on here ...all 3 of yous .. :p im trying to get a local store to preorder this figure in, so we don't have to go through this pre order madness , just PM me so i can get an approx number to help out....

that's a great idea! you can count me in for one at least! then if I can get another during the pre-order madness period then its a bonus! Im pretty sure my son wants one anyways..

Guest davidwhangchoi

I don't get why this wasn't a web exclusive. It's a beautiful scheme but still...

I'll second this thought.

it's definitely purposed to keep demand for product and product line.

most think: make enough supply = maximum profit which leads to concluding: web exclusives/made to order is perfect partnership: everyone gets to order and bandai fullfills orders = maximum profit and happy consumers.

Bandai knows it's more profitable in a limited numbers in a niche market to keep long term interest within consumers for their product line and future releases.

collectors desire increase by the value of a product that is not as accessible.

limited numbers = Bandai may not maximize profits in one run and sacrifice lump profit by limited numbers but it keeps consumer demand. secondary markets rise when initial supply runs out and increases overall value of product to general public. (example is metal build gundams) (Bandai is definitely big enough company to print more and has the ability)

The value created also directly increases anticipation for any future product they release of the same product line as public values each release more intensely. once bandai makes a mistake and over-saturates the market by over producing =poor sales. interest wanes with the bad rep of poor sales. secondary market and demand goes down. then general interest for product of entire line may fizzle.

reason they held out so long for the 25s was to keep demand for all products released in between.

based on the non hero yf-25 prophecy and 25a mass production= bandai may think this is not going to be a good seller.

my guess is Bandai will not print any more than the ozma, alto and roy 29. knowing 29 is not as popular as the 25. in ozma's case, the demand was strong i think due to the relation to the demand for the 25s scheme (at the time the 25s was not re-released and commanding 600+ on the market)

Guest davidwhangchoi

Every 29 sells out... that's why this isn't a web exclusive.

Then why was Isamu 29 a web exclusive? since the alto and 30th sold out? that doesn't answer the question why isn't the 29B a web exclusive.

Guest davidwhangchoi

okaaay and back to preorders.... good luck everyone on getting one :) i'll prob be up with you guys but not sure if i'm going to take the plunge.

I'll see everyone for PO madness.

indeed you will! :D

Never liked the 29. Not a very interesting palate of colors... and I love blue and orange.

Maybe dark blue and orange with some light blue hi-lights.

Milking that mold!!!

I was like that with the 29 initially.. thought of its design as a cash grabbing afterthought, but after I picked up an Isamu 29 it made me think very differently and the design started to make sense!

I'll definitely get the new one seeing I have all the others and I do rather like the darker colors scheme! B))

I was like that with the 29 initially.. thought of its design as a cash grabbing afterthought, but after I picked up an Isamu 29 it made me think very differently and the design started to make sense!

And after it has grown on you, suddenly other color variants make sense as well. It is vf-1 and vf-25 all over again :p

Probably because they sold a LOT of Isamu YF-29s and said "Why did we make that an exclusive?"

Are you sure about that? Because it was on sale at Nippon-Yasan for $140 for months and didn't seem to move. It's back to regular price, but still, it was on sale and it hasn't reached stratospheric mark-up Ozma 29 prices.

Edited by Mommar

I was debating on whether or not I needed yet another YF-29. I probably would have grabbed one, but after staying up for the VF-19 advance and going to bed empty handed and annoyed, I don't feel like dealing with that again. If I can pick up one easily, great! If not, thank you Bandai for saving me money!

Are you sure about that? Because it was on sale at Nippon-Yasan for $140 for months and didn't seem to move. It's back to regular price, but still, it was on sale and it hasn't reached stratospheric mark-up Ozma 29 prices.

NY bought those, and bought lots, so yeah.

Yeah. The aftermarket pricing on Mandarake are likely speculators trying to get rid of their excess (they and NY speculated poorly). If I understand the web exclusive thing correctly they still paid Bandai the full MSRP for em (they might get a discount for resellers but I have no idea of the actual details so I'm guessin) so Bandai stiil made their money as far as they're concerned. The Valk was popular enough among the people who wanted em in their collection. I have three :)

The Valk is not popular enough right now to scalp for sure but Bandai profited.

Guest davidwhangchoi

web exclusive just = unlimited preorders. everyone can get their hands on one so there's no secondary market for these. (eventually years from now when Isamu 29 becomes hard to find the secondary market price will go up) but it's over saturated market right now.

and goes back to answering the question why did Bandai choose not to make the the 29b a web exclusive (unlimited pre-orders)?

Bandai's pretty smart at this and they know limiting this will drive demand and then catch you on the reprint while catching even more consumers who may have initially not been interested. (when something says sold out it creates interest)

it's just basic economics (clueless fail to understand)

case in point are amiibos that are limited vs. those that are not. How many people are looking for that gold mario, villarger and the hard to find ones while the regular mario is just sitting shelf warming with no consumer interest.

yoshi just got discontinued the past week and there was a frenzy of people bum rushing every store and wiping them out, prior to the announcement he was just a shelf warmer.

now if nintendo decides to reprint yoshi, the number of customers prob grew 10x due to hype than if they never discontinued him which makes them a whole bucket more consumer and money than if they didn't limit him.

on reddit: a user posted a well know business tactic experiment: two depts took the same shoe product and sold it at the same price. but one said sold out while the other just sat on retail

once the dept store said restock, guess which store sold more of the same shoe while the other was just shelf warming :)

Bandai, you suckered all of us. i know this but want to buy it:) (nintendo, stop playing the same game)