Hi-Metal R

joppewo

I got my payment request from Amiami, still waiting on HLJ, but that was my fault.

I cancelled the VF-1s from HLJ 2 weeks ago, thinking I'll be fine with just my amiami order, but then I kinda want a backup so I brought it again from HLJ 2 days ago. :unsure:

I thought HLJ had an order limit of 1...

Perhaps they cancelled your other orders because of the limit violation on the Regult. My VF-1S order is still there, along with the 1 Regult I have on preorder with them.

How many Regults did you have on order with HLJ?

I had ordered 3 regults with HLJ, all of which I ordered at the same time in one order (only later did the qty drop down change). I had accidentally placed two orders for the 1S, and had already cancelled one of them.

Bunch of pics are up on 2chan

http://nov.2chan.net/y/res/3443865.htm

They did not fold the backpack all the way down so it looks too high in the pics.

post-2743-0-47934900-1448775050_thumb.jpg

^what's in the box ^

post-2743-0-19798200-1448775069_thumb.jpg

post-2743-0-04314100-1448775084_thumb.jpg

post-2743-0-78371500-1448775112_thumb.jpg

^compare between old and new ^

post-2743-0-83452800-1448775132_thumb.jpg

^They did not fold the backpack all the way down so it looks too high in the pics.^

post-2743-0-01388400-1448775151_thumb.jpg

^They did not fold the backpack all the way down so it looks too high in the pics.^

post-2743-0-02189700-1448775171_thumb.jpg

^can be armored up^

Was there a VF-1S Hikaru Hi-Metal (first round of releases) toy or did that guy make one using a Focker and a Hikaru 1A?

To my knowledge, there was never a VF-1S Hikaru Hi-Metal.

Looks like the FPs are definitely a different color for the Rs. I wonder if I could pass the old ones off as a TV version.

Was there a VF-1S Hikaru Hi-Metal (first round of releases) toy or did that guy make one using a Focker and a Hikaru 1A?

I pretty sure he just repainted the VF-1s roy, the red he used is more glossy and the skull decal is bigger with more detail.

This other guy mounted the super pack from the old Imai 1/100 kit to his hi-metal J-type, looks pretty good.

post-2743-0-72526400-1448780013_thumb.jpg

Edited by F360

I had to check my review of the original HiMetal line and this is what I found:

There’s a gimmick to the backpack that allows it to be pressed down a bit which locks it into place so you shouldn’t have issues with the backpack falling over from the weight of the super parts

Not sure if it's still on the HMR line or if it's not as strong on some toys as others.

I had to check my review of the original HiMetal line and this is what I found:

Not sure if it's still on the HMR line or if it's not as strong on some toys as others.

I don't remember that gimmick... They have always been "floaty" in my experience.

Edited by Renato

The connector piece for the backpack is hinged at both ends. My Armored VF-1J has no problems with the backpack and there shouldn't be any if it's transformed correctly.

jenius is right from his earlier review and the gimmick is the same on the HMR line.

Edited by sh9000

Anyone have a link to the HLJ or CDJapan listings for the Hikky? Can't find 'em in the search.

VF-1S Hikaru @ HLJ

VF-1S Hikaru @ CDJ

VF-1J Hikaru w/GBP1S @ HLJ

VF-1J Hikaru w/GBP1s @ CDJ

Edit: When searching specific items at HLJ, you have to check the box for Display Discontinued Items. At CDJ you have to check the box for incl. Out of Print.

Edited by mechaninac