Hi-Metal R

joppewo

The Detolf is too small of an shelf, however I managed to slighly stuff it inside a Nartrop in a slight angle.

Other suggestion is to get a jewellers display case or a Ikea Milsblo. 

20210219_000447.jpg

Edit: My two year old niece loves to take apart both the VF-1j with GBP and the 1d in pieces! :p

Edited by borgified

10 hours ago, Stranger said:

So, right now I have all my HM-R's on 1 shelf together in a Billy bookcase. Can someone help inspire me on where to put my Monster? he doesn't fit in a Billy or a detolf. I need some inspiration to hopefully display him with his little destroids!

I believe you are mistaken about it not fitting on a Billy shelf unless you have one of the narrow ones. 

Macross_HMR_DSC05546_zpshjbuylba.JPG.26f07ac7265bbd0b116e96de5050fe52.JPGMacross_HMR_DSC05545_zpszzfre9yd.JPG.c19b2c676a6e86ca6b226fc32b26e61c.JPG

@derex3592 and @Slave IV those are nice shelves of HMR.

12 hours ago, Stranger said:

So, right now I have all my HM-R's on 1 shelf together in a Billy bookcase. Can someone help inspire me on where to put my Monster? he doesn't fit in a Billy or a detolf. I need some inspiration to hopefully display him with his little destroids!

As @derex3592 has also shown, the Monster can be positioned this way to fit in a detolf.  If you want the Monster to face forward then you'll have to angle the cannons upwards like in my pic on the previous page so that it will still fit in the detolf.

large.80733283-451C-429E-B6A8-E724DAD721F8.jpeg.dc9dc66a443b2528e97c0beda01064f2.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

A question for y'all. I am considering to get a HMR Elintseeker from Mandarake, unopened for 9k yen. It is currently sitting in my cart however, I do not own a single HMR and since this will be my first HMR toy, wanted to ask how satisfied you are with yours. I am used to DX Valks, thanks!!

Edited by Angesdad

10 minutes ago, Angesdad said:

A question for y'all. I am considering to get a HMR Elintseeker from Mandarake, unopened for 9k yen. It is currently sitting in my cart however, I do not own a single HMR and since this will be my first HMR toy, wanted to ask how satisfied you are with yours. I am used to DX Valks, thanks!!

They're decent for what they are: cheap alternatives to the much more expensive 1/60 lines. It's like the difference between a gunpla HGUC kit and a MG kit. Don't expect one to be as good as the other and you won't be disappointed.

Both lines are really good. I think the question for you is - do u want to get into this scale?? If he won't fit anywhere else, u may regret the purchase. But if you feel 1/100 would be a great scale, do it. I feel 1/100 is a great display scale when you want to display more than a handful of pieces together 

1 hour ago, Angesdad said:

I’m pretty satisfied.  If you get more than one VE-1 then you can customize them.

large.59A5AD22-E71A-4BB9-9559-255A122FCA66.jpeg.4b78f98ad4b6da059865463b23b610e1.jpeg

The HMR Macross line has a good set of releases that scale well together, have nice poseability, and include enemy mecha and the Destroid Monster.

Edited by sh9000

38 minutes ago, Angesdad said:

Thanks @Lolicon, got the hguc-mg analogy. @Stranger, yes I agree a HMR scale valk will stick out, singled out and displayed completely covered by a 1/48 in front of it.:D  Wow @sh9000, awesome lookin’ VE-1 squadron you got there!!

Think I am going to try one out and see where it takes me. Talkin’ about being late to the party eh. thanks everyone!

Once you start on the HMR line, you end up with the entire HMR line....

2 hours ago, Angesdad said:

Thanks @Lolicon, got the hguc-mg analogy. @Stranger, yes I agree a HMR scale valk will stick out, singled out and displayed completely covered by a 1/48 in front of it.:D  Wow @sh9000, awesome lookin’ VE-1 squadron you got there!!

Think I am going to try one out and see where it takes me. Talkin’ about being late to the party eh. thanks everyone!

Yes it's an apt analogy, as HMR toys are pretty lacking in the detail department, but just fine for playing around with and not spending too much money on.

For example, here's the stock VF-4. (Hmmm I only have one pic from before I worked on it??) It really does look like a HGUC kit that was quickly stuck together with just a few stickers. :rolleyes:

1481130747_HMRVF-4unmodified.thumb.jpg.661a3284235378067ab2ffc9e1c218d4.jpg

Probably the best HMR releases are the non-transforming ones, particularly the Regult and the Monster. I ended up buying at least one of every release. :huh:

5 hours ago, sh9000 said:

I’m pretty satisfied.  If you get more than one VE-1 then you can customize them.

The HMR Macross line has a good set of releases that scale well together, have nice poseability, and include enemy mecha and the Destroid Monster.

Nice! Any plans to panel line 'em?

16 hours ago, Angesdad said:

What @Anasazi37 said- once you start down the path, forever will it rule your destiny!

The key thing is that the smaller scale and lack of perfect transformation are things to keep in mind. I avoided getting "one more scale" for awhile and the stars of the show are the destroids and enemy mechs; but that said, I enjoy these the most of my current toys in that these are fairly solid and so can be played with regularly (as opposed to my 1/60 or 1/48s that I tend to set in a pose and leave it there for longer periods of time). The only other toys I handle this much are the chunky monkeys- for the same reason: solid, not likely to break from handling, and simple to transform. 

I'm middling in terms of my HMR collection compared to some here, but I've now gotten pretty much all the TV releases, a few DYRL releases (like the VE-1 and VT-1) and I'm now up to six cannon fodders (two wearing OWL armor). As I've said- they are fun to play with so they get addicting.

Here is the HMR valk shelf minus the newest CF:

No photo description available.

And here is the newest CF in the brown/white OWL armor:

No photo description available.

I've got the destroids and enemies all on the other side of the room. I'm thinking of getting a few more FEXT sets and doing a big backdrop along this shelf.

Edited by vladykins

15 hours ago, Angesdad said:

Wow @sh9000, awesome lookin’ VE-1 squadron you got there!!

Thanks!

11 hours ago, jvmacross said:

@sh9000..Nice....

large.59A5AD22-E71A-4BB9-9559-255A122FCA

I assume those FP are using Max and Milia parts?...they match very well with the Elint FP parts...:good:

:drinks:

Thanks!  Yes.  The colors go well together.

10 hours ago, seti88 said:

Nice! Any plans to panel line 'em?

Thanks!  No I'm leaving everything as it is.  At this scale I see no point in adding extra details.

5 minutes ago, rocketblast said:

So, the TV Super Packs are still on for 4-30-2021 right? And the VF-1D trainer comes out July 31, 2021?  I can't wait :)  Just gotta be sure that I pay off the shipping on one of the sets. Hopefully there will be some deals on the valkyrie on ebay like last time around too.

Wrong thread........but yes....still on

perhaps one of these next time....

On 3/2/2021 at 1:50 PM, Angesdad said:

Ditto what most the others already said. One of the most addictive lines in Macross history and the best in terms of displayability and playability. When I first saw the line, I was thinking a remake of the Hi-Metal line with little to no metal and partsforming? Pass. Then I got a Regult. Now I have the entire line and multiples of most of them.