Hi-Metal R

joppewo

On 12/26/2019 at 6:38 PM, kkx said:

@sh9000 The VF-1A GBP is awesome!!!

Thanks!

On 12/26/2019 at 6:55 PM, sqidd said:

Is that VF-1A GBP custom? That's sweet.

That Monster with all the CF's looks great.

Yes.  Thanks!

On 12/26/2019 at 8:15 PM, Slave IV said:

Very nice @sh9000!

Thanks!

57795515-6316-4C07-8CF3-A5E2FBD7EEB7.thumb.jpeg.f6a4632336a969e913682c3a958c2de7.jpeg

For the third shelf I put the Konig Monster on the stand that it came with, repositioned and rearranged the CFs, and put a spare VF-4 in there as a placeholder until the VF-4G gets released.

E9240842-BCB0-448E-AF75-D3BA36B1D515.thumb.jpeg.d47ee0d4b1f73acb333772c02095d56c.jpeg

For the fourth shelf I put a Milia in there.

On 12/31/2019 at 6:36 PM, beatsing said:

@sh9000 nice chess set, mate.  Happy new year

On 12/31/2019 at 6:43 PM, sqidd said:

@sh9000 you're a madman!:drinks:

On 12/31/2019 at 7:58 PM, ScrambledValkyrie said:

@sh9000, that is one great-looking setup. Can I come over and play? :D

On 12/31/2019 at 9:14 PM, seti88 said:

WOW!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!

On 1/1/2020 at 5:10 AM, vlenhoff said:

Let's play Chess!!!

Happy New Year everyone!!!

2 hours ago, RDX17 said:

Absolutely genius!

Thank you!!!

On 1/8/2020 at 4:30 PM, sh9000 said:

2A650D83-6088-4744-B69E-FEB016569BEB.thumb.jpeg.3a6efcc39efdf98803c99f987e25d1b2.jpeg

Hikaru and Roy.

My first love. I remember watching the first ever episode on TV and thinking " I knew it!" I always new [somehow] that Jetfire was a different animal. It was both joyful and confusing in that point in time to guess what came first. I knew it had to be Macross/Robotech due to the attention to detail, and naturally how odd the transformers version looked on screen. I'll always love the 1D, and i wish Yamato would have made two seaters back then. I do love how bandai designed the head to perfectly tuck in in the HMR line.

With all that said, I didn't get jetfire or any Valkyries until later in life. I guess that explains why i got so many 1/48s back then. Childhood trauma is a biaetch! 

Edited by vlenhoff

19 hours ago, jvmacross said:

How about the original?

DXnIOqZUMAAm4RM.jpg

I will get shot for this, but... I love this picture, it is amazing!... but... can we agree the cockpit is wrong, and the position of those thrusters/sensors at the nose is wrong... and that 1S head is so lazy... and why is Hikkie wearing a space helmet? Still love it though... and where is Minmei? Did he drop her? Or squeezed too hard and her head came of. If so, where is the blood splatter on the 1D hand? So many questions.

Edited by vlenhoff

25 minutes ago, vlenhoff said:

I will get shot for this, but... I love this picture, it is amazing!... but... can we agree the cockpit is wrong, and the position of those thrusters/sensors at the nose is wrong... and that 1S head is so lazy... and why is Hikkie wearing a space helmet? Still love it though... and where is Minmei? Did he drop her? Or squeezed to hard and her head came of. If so, where is the blood splatter on the 1D hand? So many questions.

Minmei doesn't have blood. Everyone knows that. Sheesh.:D

Just now, sqidd said:

Minmei doesn't have blood. Everyone knows that. Sheesh.:D

Or a heart!

With that said, the drawing is amazing, great line work, and it gives you the impression of old dirty metal. Shading is fantastic, and the overall ambiance give you the sensation of a battle going on. I absolutely LOVE IT.  

3 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

I will get shot for this, but... I love this picture, it is amazing!... but... can we agree the cockpit is wrong, and the position of those thrusters/sensors at the nose is wrong... and that 1S head is so lazy... and why is Hikkie wearing a space helmet? Still love it though... and where is Minmei? Did he drop her? Or squeezed too hard and her head came of. If so, where is the blood splatter on the 1D hand? So many questions.

@vlenhoff good questions. The answer is basically this. When Yoshiuki Takani san was commissioned to do these works he had some mechanical designs but no story. The series was in production and he didn't know how these mechs were truly intended to be portrayed. The same goes for the characters, there wasn't a minmei yet or clarity on Hikaru's design. At least not to him. He was probably given a rough, early story board for that image, or it was simply verbal..These were early promotions for the series and toys, remember this one?

1F2CAC02-4FFB-4711-B581-EDF6EC16ABB9.jpeg.6e15ba52b9117c74747c986c9baa24cb.jpeg

Same artist. Same story. No one told him What gerwalk was supposed to look like. 

The speaker pod cast crew discussed much of this years ago ..

Edited by Bolt

That has been one my favorite Macross pics since the early days of the internet.  The SDF-1 is just beautiful. The mechs are just funky enough to love. It's the imperfections that make it great. I wonder if anyone every published a book of his Macross artwork...?