Hi-Metal R

joppewo

What's the arm in the middle of the base for?

Maintenance crew platform or pilot platform? Just guessing here. :rolleyes:

What you people have yet to realize yet, is that "if" this ambitious line gets green lit, Tenjin will have to illustrate the VF-2SS not only once but twice!

If ever Evo Toys is one of them, then that's an added bonus. If not, it's ok. Still keeping that PO. ;)

Went to Tamashii Nations today, amd saw these in person. VF-4 amd VF-0A were early, fixed pose fighter mode only painted up resin samples.

The VF-2 however appeared to be a fully transformable resin proto, and appeared to be perfect transformation. The hip bar transformation mechanism was visible, and looked sturdy. All the transfortion joints in the arms and chest/ back were visuble, as well as the sliders for the rear stabilizer pods. Landing gear appeared to be pop out and replace like the VF-1. Scuplt looked great, except the head, which was a little narrow, with very straight up antennas. Looked loads better than Evos attempt.

Couldnt sneak any photos, since the employee was standing right there. And no relaese date on any of those, just the ambiguous " Display only"

Thanks for this update, Jarrod. ;) Looking forward if this is not going to be a 'parts-former'. ^_^

I know these show usually doesn't allow any photos, but what about taking video? :p

Your comments and sense of humor never ceases to amaze me.

Why does the Hikaru have a TWE labeling on the box???

I think that's Roy's box on the photo. ;)

I read that to be two boxes, one for Silvie one for Nexx both in the HMR line.

Perhaps....but it looks like they are using the same illustration for the HMR VF-1S Strike Hikaru and Roy.....just changing up the yellow/red bits and the box coloring style....

12063423_1200555153293729_64193561852216

Edited by jvmacross

Perhaps....but it looks like they are using the same illustration for the HMR VF-1S Strike Hikaru and Roy.....just changing up the yellow/red bits and the box coloring style....

If one of the VF-2SS is web exclusive then that means, just one Tenjin artwork for HMR and the second one for Evo Toys. Just keeping my hopes high. :rolleyes:

Yeah, you're right. It is a yellow stripe.

The lighting somehow played tricks on me and thought it was red.

Damn you and your pink-shading, Arcadia!

Actually, that's what I thought too at first. Then I just look closely. Hehehe. :lol:

Arcadia made us color blind, treatment. Hahaha! :lol:

i think i'm in love with the hi metal line now.

regult variants, more vf-1,...vf-0a, vf-4, vf-2ss, and MF-ing britai?!!?!

they are seriously pushing for the 1/100 scale to be the one collectors abandon 1/60s for it seems. afterall...japanese homes are usually small and everyone more or less has limited budget so i guess 1/100 makes a lot of sense. bandai is going to make me so broke it seems though with all these releasse (hello giant vf-1 and gian sdf-1!)

regult variants, more vf-1,...vf-0a, vf-4, vf-2ss, and MF-ing britai?!!?!

To be fair though, Breetai is a Figuarts, not Hi-Metal R. Either way, lots of good stuff announced for the Hi-Metal line. Like I said last night, I'll be putting my pink Arcadia 1J on the for sale section after work later today, literally no use for 1/60 anymore...

Edited by Tking22

To be fair though, Breetai is a Figuarts, not Hi-Metal R. Either way, lots of good stuff announced for the Hi-Metal line. Like I said last night, I'll be putting my pink Arcadia 1J on the for sale section after work later today, literally no use for 1/60 anymore...

i understand the sentiment to abandon 1/60...believe me. i just moved and toys were like 70% of my boxes. lol. I don't think i can turnmy back on the dozens of vf-1 and other valks i have. i might start selling the lesser loved and in many cases unopened ones though.

What's the arm in the middle of the base for?

I saw a picture that was taken from a different angle, and it looked like it was supposed to be a mechanism that raises the missiles for mounting onto the wings, since it seems to line up with the mount points. I could be mistaken though.

Edited by SuperSenpai

Thanks SS. I think you guys should hold off selling your bigger toys, we haven't confirmed the HMR versions don't suck.

Meh, they've already proven they can pull off a VF-1, and enemy and cannon fodder stuff is looking great. I always liked my Hi-Metal Vf-1s more then I ever did my 1/60 stuff, all of the SDFM stuff looks perfect, VF-4 and VF-0 would just be icing on the cake for me.

Is there a reason why the arms and arm armor parts look so low on that VF-1 on the launch arm? They should be tucked further in to the fuselage. The landing gear will never reach the ground, as low as the gun pod is slung. Bad transformation, or bad mechanism?

On the one hand I'm salivating for that Glaug, yet very afraid of the slippery slope it represents.

On the other hand, if any of you feel the need to offload some 1/60 Yamato's at ridiculously cheap prices, well, I'll be waiting.

Unless of course, I need to start unloading my meager, aging collection, to jump on this band wagon as well.

So finally got my HMR GBP set (I pack as much as I can into the 60 days given by HLJ). Don't have time to fiddle the with the armor, but played around with the 1J a bit. It's nice for what it is, but it definitely doesn't hold a candle to its bigger Yamato brother.

The angle of the red chest stripes is a real eyesore to me. :angry:

Noticed the "1" on the armor chest plate is ever so slightly crooked. Most people probably wouldn't even notice, but I do.

Not going to replace my 1/60 collection, but for the price, I like it. Looking forward to future HMR releases, especially the ones that will probably never see a 1/60 version. :)

I really don't see why this has to be an either/or thing. Despite the fact that they are both pumping out Macross merchandise, in my mind Bandai and Arcadia are putting out two pretty different product lines. Bandai's DX line is clearly focused on toys for current Macross productions, while the smaller scale HMR is focused on legacy Macross productions. The smaller scale of the HMR line will also appeal to a different segment of the collector audience, and has a better likelihood of attracting casual collectors due to its price point. Meanwhile, Arcadia is clearly focused on premium Valkyrie toys aimed at a smaller niche. The price point and focus on lesser known designs positions them to appeal to hardcore collectors, or casual collectors with much deeper pockets.

Damn, it looks like there's a TV Max VF-1A in the shot with the destroids, monster, and VT-1 and VE-1. I mean it's hard to tell, but it looks to have too much blue on the fins, but it also looks too white to be Max's 1J. With pictures of the Kakizaki TV VF-1A, I'm sure we'll be getting all of Vermilion Squad too.

Kanedas Bike no problem :) .

Hard to believe after so many years or nearly three decades, we are getting so many Macross merchandise and including never released mechs in action figure form before in one swift.

Feast or Famine

Everything else notwithstanding I'm really happy to be able to get so many toys from a series that I loved as a kid (considering I'm just a bigger, older kid now)

-b.

Feast or Famine

Everything else notwithstanding I'm really happy to be able to get so many toys from a series that I loved as a kid (considering I'm just a bigger, older kid now)

-b.

Wait... Is this feast or famine? Cuz I feel like I'm about to starve buying all these goodies! :lol:

Well, anything I sell will be simply to trim the collection size. I'm actually very partial to 1/60, but I give credit where credit is due. The 1/100 line certainly fills a void in the market and offers the ability for people to collect at a relatively lower financial cost.

@ Exo - very clever! I would actually say both - a Feast of new Toys causing Famine for us collectors :p

-b.