Hi-Metal R

joppewo

Sanity Is Optional or anyone else. Maybe you can answer this for me. Below is a screen shot of my wish list at Mandrake.

-What is the difference between a storefront item and a in stock item?

-Are the names next to the in stock/storefront icons their locations? So if I were to order everything on that page I would be getting them from five locations. Am I assuming correctly that eliminates combined shipping?

-The location names (if that';s what they are) make sense, they sound like places. except one. What is Complex?

Thanks guys

Mandrake.jpg

Complex is one of the Mandarake branch as they have multiple locations.

Here is a map of all locations.

Edit: You can combine orders from the same location to get cheaper shipping, however they will not take other items from the other locations and ship it with your original order. All locations are independently owned and operated.

Storefront is the item on display and can be easily accessible, while the instock items are somewhere in their warehouse shelves.

The items are listed in the locations that they have it in stores. Note that other locations have the same product as well and maybe at different prices as well.

map_pc-en.png

Edited by borgified

God I love Mandarake. Been to nearly every location in Japan. It's thanks to them I was able to complete my backlog of missed Yamato valkyries at reasonable prices. I've also spent more money there than any other hobby shop I think. :mellow:

Highly recommend visiting in person if you're ever in Japan. Aside from being a toy collecting nerd's heaven (though they carry way more than just toys), not everything they have for sale is listed on their website. 

Mandarake Complex is basically the entire building.  They have different product types on different floors.  AmiAmi and Jungle occupy maybe 2 to 3 floors of different buildings.  So in the Akihabara Radio Kaikan building above, I believe they occupy the 4th and 5th floor only.  The aisle between the shelves are also narrow.  Maybe around 60 cm (25 in) which seems common.

Not my Video:

If you go there and want to buy something, you need to pay for it on that floor before moving to the next floor.

Edited by DewPoint

I just paid for my CF VF-1A on Mandarake.  Wish I bought it ages ago when it was at its low point.  No idea why they command upwards of $150 or more now, weird.  Anyway still I think 3 or 4 more valkyries I don't have may or may not buy them.  Let's see.  That would be the armored valkyrie, the vf-1j, both of the vf-1s strike valkyries and not sure if there was anything else I'm missing but I don't think so.

4 hours ago, rocketblast said:

I just paid for my CF VF-1A on Mandarake.  Wish I bought it ages ago when it was at its low point.  No idea why they command upwards of $150 or more now, weird.  Anyway still I think 3 or 4 more valkyries I don't have may or may not buy them.  Let's see.  That would be the armored valkyrie, the vf-1j, both of the vf-1s strike valkyries and not sure if there was anything else I'm missing but I don't think so.

YOU! You sniped my CF! I got the email from manda while I was at a friend's house. Decided to come home to order it, and then...

Anyway, enjoy your CF, they are awesome!

6 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

YOU! You sniped my CF! I got the email from manda while I was at a friend's house. Decided to come home to order it, and then...

Will let you know if another one pops up on there.  I just wish I found out about these when they first got released.  The armored valkyrie costs too much.  Aren't they suppose to be releasing another one?  I guess we have to wait til October to see if they are releasing anything else.

6 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

Friends don't let friends not buy Macross.:D

Or don't drink and drive or something. I can't remember.

11 minutes ago, rocketblast said:

Will let you know if another one pops up on there.  I just wish I found out about these when they first got released.  The armored valkyrie costs too much.  Aren't they suppose to be releasing another one?  I guess we have to wait til October to see if they are releasing anything else.

Just get a CF 1A and a set of Fext owl-one: poor man's version

10 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

That is the 3rd or 4th CF vf-1a I've seen at manda in the past few months for 8k yen.  I've been watching them for a while, but always end up passing, usually for something else.

Be patient, and I'm sure another will show up at that price.

22 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Mandarake does not quote shipping prices before you order the item, and the Monster is large enough/heavy enough it must be shipped EMS/FedEx/DHL.

If you get sticker shock at the shipping cost and decide not to pay, be prepared to be banned from the store as Mandarake does not take kindly to order cancellations.

The one exception is Mandarake's warehouse location, Sawara (SAHRA). They wrap and weigh/measure everything in advance so they can ship right after you order. If you find an item you want that is available at SAHRA and another location, and the other location's offering is what you really want, you can add the SAHRA one to your cart and start the checkout process to see what shipping is going to cost you, then back out of the order. There might be a slight cost difference for the other location, but it's probably pretty close. You can also use other variants of the item you want as a proxy since the size and weight will be the same, like the Super Parts for the YF-29 Durandal Ozma when you really want the Alto. Not that I've ever actually done this.... ^_^

49 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

The one exception is Mandarake's warehouse location, Sawara (SAHRA). They wrap and weigh/measure everything in advance so they can ship right after you order. If you find an item you want that is available at SAHRA and another location, and the other location's offering is what you really want, you can add the SAHRA one to your cart and start the checkout process to see what shipping is going to cost you, then back out of the order. There might be a slight cost difference for the other location, but it's probably pretty close. You can also use other variants of the item you want as a proxy since the size and weight will be the same, like the Super Parts for the YF-29 Durandal Ozma when you really want the Alto. Not that I've ever actually done this.... ^_^

I have done exactly what you have suggested. Since a lot of the items I am interested in are similar or exactly the same in size or weight. For example all the Yamato V2 variants.

On 9/2/2019 at 5:09 PM, borgified said:

Complex is one of the Mandarake branch as they have multiple locations.

Here is a map of all locations.

Edit: You can combine orders from the same location to get cheaper shipping, however they will not take other items from the other locations and ship it with your original order. All locations are independently owned and operated.

Storefront is the item on display and can be easily accessible, while the instock items are somewhere in their warehouse shelves.

The items are listed in the locations that they have it in stores. Note that other locations have the same product as well and maybe at different prices as well.

map_pc-en.png

Are they really all in the same location?

3 hours ago, Sandman said:

Are they really all in the same location?

I think they're almost spot on each of the locations mentioned. You can do Google Maps of the cities and compare them. 

I've haven't ordered anything from the Shibuya or Ikebukuro branches yet, the branch I mostly deal with is Sahra and then Complex. The Sahra branch is huge as they deal with the buy backs and they have a onsite warehouse to accomodate all that stuff.

Check out this video on Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69gToA0a1iA

On 9/3/2019 at 12:18 PM, rocketblast said:

Same here, I was out of the Macorss game during that period, so I have none of the armored/fast packed hero valks. Oh no worries, I was joking! Manda will email me when they have another available. Great price though! If you can let us know how much it was shipped, that would be very cool!

On 9/3/2019 at 12:27 PM, sqidd said:

Friends don't let friends not buy Macross.:D

Or don't drink and drive or something. I can't remember.

Something like that.

On 9/3/2019 at 12:30 PM, kkx said:

Just get a CF 1A and a set of Fext owl-one: poor man's version

This.

On 9/3/2019 at 2:20 PM, sh9000 said:

I think some of the HMR have been climbing in price on their own.

This.

On 9/3/2019 at 3:48 PM, HardlyNever said:

That is the 3rd or 4th CF vf-1a I've seen at manda in the past few months for 8k yen.  I've been watching them for a while, but always end up passing, usually for something else.

Be patient, and I'm sure another will show up at that price.

Yeah, I've missed every one of them too. Sometimes we are broke, and sometimes if we hesitate, puff they are gone. I got my first and only Brownie for about 130 shipped. I am trying to get another for less...

Edited by vlenhoff