Hi-Metal R

joppewo

Guest davidwhangchoi

It mentions the VF-2SS, the VF-0A and the VF-4 but with links at the end of the article and as separate pieces of news.

Guys, bandai IS NOT MAKING 1/100 VF-4, VF-2SS and VF-0A and a 1/60 YF-19.

You are mixing the info on the article.

that article is confusing

It mentions the VF-2SS, the VF-0A and the VF-4 but with links at the end of the article and as separate pieces of news.

Guys, bandai IS NOT MAKING 1/100 VF-4, VF-2SS and VF-0A and a 1/60 YF-19.

You are mixing the info on the article.

Huh? The article in sharky's link has hypertext links, as you say, but they do not go to separate news stories. They go to the ANN pages for the particular Macross series/ova. Do you have the links to the other news stories?

What's confusing? He simply mentions that it was teased that they are possible releases. Doesn't look like it's confirmed. The links look like they are simply there to give general info on the anime in case someone didn't know what Macros II is.

Edited by sharky

I'm thinking everything in that initial diorama pic is going to be a general release....anything else may end up as web exclusives...

So maybe web exclusives will be:

Reguld missile pack add-ons

Reguld Scout

Tomahawk

Defender

Phalanx

Quedluun-Rau

Nousjadeul-Ger

Other VF-1 variants....like TV Max and Kakizaki

This Hi-Metal R line has the potential to become really prolific and complete.....

With the VE-1 and VT-1....the only DYRL VF-1 variant missing (between the HM and HMR lines) will be the VF-1S Max....that's amazing!

And how difficult would it be for Bandai to make a DYRL version of the Reguld? Another Web exclusive?

Better yet....with their sudden show of affection for all things Macross...one can imagine even DYRL versions of the Quedluun-Rau and Nousjadeul-Ger....a fool's hope, but a hope nonetheless! ^_^

HELL to the M-F'ING YEAH!!!

m08.jpg

Well Golly! :o

Best. Day. Ever.

maxresdefault.jpg

So yea this is all really amazing news, and now, I have zero reason to own any 1/60 stuff. I'll be selling my pink Arcadia 1J, and I've cancelled my Arcadia VF-4 pre-order, if there's a chance we're getting one in the Hi-Metal line, I won't even bother with Arcadia's expensive version, especially since I really only like one mode. In fact, ditto with the 0A, I was interested in an Arcadia VF-0, but they are charging far too much, and their QC is far too spotty for me, once again, if I can get one in the Hi-Metal line I'll be very pleased, I'm officially not even looking at whatever Arcadia announces from here on out, Bandai is truly attempting to put them out of their over-priced misery., and I'm very happy for it.

LOL - among other issues with Bandai releases, good luck ordering these things, if they ever come out.

I'm happy that Bandai is interested in Macross again, but by no means do I want Arcadia out of the game and there is no way in hell that a Hi Metal R will supplant a corresponding Yamato/Arcadia release.

People can have such short memories.

-b.

So yea this is all really amazing news, and now, I have zero reason to own any 1/60 stuff. I'll be selling my pink Arcadia 1J, and I've cancelled my Arcadia VF-4 pre-order, if there's a chance we're getting one in the Hi-Metal line, I won't even bother with Arcadia's expensive version, especially since I really only like one mode. In fact, ditto with the 0A, I was interested in an Arcadia VF-0, but they are charging far too much, and their QC is far too spotty for me, once again, if I can get one in the Hi-Metal line I'll be very pleased, I'm officially not even looking at whatever Arcadia announces from here on out, Bandai is truly attempting to put them out of their over-priced misery., and I'm very happy for it.

As fond as I am of my 1/60-scale Valkyries, there is a good argument here for downsizing. As the HM-R line continues to take off, it gets harder for me to ignore that argument. The only issue will be with the pre-orders. Bandai's have been notoriously difficult to make here on the east coast unless I'm into losing sleep that night or big on setting my alarm at odd hours and waking up everyone else in the house.

I do think 1/100 is a great scale for squadrons, especially if Bandai is able to complete them where Arcadia has been reluctant to do so.

As fond as I am of my 1/60-scale Valkyries, there is a good argument here for downsizing. As the HM-R line continues to take off, it gets harder for me to ignore that argument. The only issue will be with the pre-orders. Bandai's have been notoriously difficult to make here on the east coast unless I'm into losing sleep that night or big on setting my alarm at odd hours and waking up everyone else in the house.

I do think 1/100 is a great scale for squadrons, especially if Bandai is able to complete them where Arcadia has been reluctant to do so.

You're gonna need more room for that 1/32 VF-1J... lol.

Guest davidwhangchoi

How about letting us enjoy the moment before pulling the rug from under us. That's the point of the "teasers" isn't it?

+1

Kinda cool how Bandai unleashes it's TV VF-1A with the Kaki....makes Toynami's TV max look lamer.....

yeah, was surprise to see bandai making a breetai's figure and that launch arm is looking good too.

May as well post the pics....

m06-440x331.jpg

m17-440x586.jpg

m27-440x331.jpg

m28p-440x331.jpg

m23-440x331.jpg

m25-440x331.jpg

m08-440x331.jpg

I'm wondering if based on "votes" (FINALLY! This is what Arcadia should have done when they came out of the rubble of Yamato)......they will decide what gets a general release and what gets bumped to websclusive? Would make good business sense...

My only worry is that they'll decide to not make something based on votes, which is a real possibility.

I'm wondering if based on "votes" (FINALLY! This is what Arcadia should have done when they came out of the rubble of Yamato)......they will decide what gets a general release and what gets bumped to websclusive? Would make good business sense...

My only worry is that they'll decide to not make something based on votes, which is a real possibility.

And we only have to rely on what the Japanese wants based on local residence votes if this ever happens. :unsure:

And we only have to rely on what the Japanese wants based on local residence votes if this ever happens. :unsure:

Not too worried about this...if you take a look at the "voting" picks....only the VF-1D, Scout, Phalanx, both N-Gers, and the Q-Rau did not get physically represented....which means the rest have....and how difficult would it be to retool the VF-1D a bit and the Scout, and Phalanx.....which means I would expect some, if not all, the enemy mechs to get websclusive treatment....I have high hopes of seeing everything made at some point.....

I think Bandai has basically cleared the table for their 1/60-ish line to be all about their new show, MD.....and this HMR line will be mainly for Legacy valks like the VF-1 and everything else pre-MD.......Also, to me the fact that they are doing a 1/35 VF-1....means Arcadia may have still managed to keep the 1/60 license.....we should know soon enough.....

Not too worried about this...if you take a look at the "voting" picks....only the VF-1D, Scout, Phalanx, both N-Gers, and the Q-Rau did not get physically represented....which means the rest have....and how difficult would it be to retool the VF-1D a bit and the Scout, and Phalanx.....which means I would expect some, if not all, the enemy mechs to get websclusive treatment....I have high hopes of seeing everything made at some point.....

I think Bandai has basically cleared the table for their 1/60-ish line to be all about their new show, MD.....and this HMR line will be mainly for Legacy valks like the VF-1 and everything else pre-MD.......Also, to me the fact that they are doing a 1/35 VF-1....means Arcadia may have still managed to keep the 1/60 license.....we should know soon enough.....

Ok. So that 1/35 is TRUE. Thanks jvmacross! Just confirming it. Time to save money $1 a day. Hahaha! :lol: