Jump to content
joppewo

Hi-Metal R

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Saburo said:

VF1D_001.thumb.png.7714cc26acbe9b00a1ad2328ebb86bc5.png

 

Saburo's always excellent pics makes it more satisfying to look at than the actual item in front of me! :good:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watched the first few episodes of SDFM earlier.  Looking forward to posing more HMR and taking more pics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just got 5 VF-1Ds in the mail a couple days ago and had 4 already, so just one more left I'm waiting on.  I opened one up.  It is really nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another great Scorched Earth Toys review!

I wasn't able to bring the wings completely forward in Gerwalk mode as the shoulders are so high, and only realized after watching the video that they don't need to be locked in.

Here's hoping we get some good Macross HMR news now that Golden Week is over.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

re: the tamashii act 5 stand discussion from a few days back, i just want to add that the extension tubes for them are useless for valkyries in fighter mode. it doesnt balance well and it puts tons of stress on the extension tube coupling, and they do crack and loosen after a while which could result in a nasty shelf dive. those tubes are more for displaying hi metal/Robot damashi in robot modes where things are better balanced out.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Very clever use of lighting, using the canopy glare to hide that empty back seat. ;)

:lol: Thanks @Lolicon, funny how that worked out. I am disappointed that there was no seated Minnmay figure included.

 

15 hours ago, MKT said:

 

Saburo's always excellent pics makes it more satisfying to look at than the actual item in front of me! :good:

Thank you @MKT!

 

Here's the first set of photos.

47728601192_3d3f003787_h.jpg

33903745768_5b48034771_h.jpg

47728600722_02caaa1a19_h.jpg

33903745498_c58a2ba895_h.jpg

47728600372_8e49863ee5_h.jpg

33903745178_408dcaa94d_h.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I transformed my VF-1D this morning from battroid to gerwalk and fighter. Like others have mentioned earlier, I can't get the feet to rock back far enough for gerwalk so that's a big disappointment. :( Fighter mode is nice and tight, but the Yamcadia fighter mode is my preferred toy for that. I think the battroid mode is where I'll leave it from now on. It's the mode where I feel this small scale really shines for playability. Bummer about gerwalk.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Cowboy17 said:

re: the tamashii act 5 stand discussion from a few days back, i just want to add that the extension tubes for them are useless for valkyries in fighter mode. it doesnt balance well and it puts tons of stress on the extension tube coupling, and they do crack and loosen after a while which could result in a nasty shelf dive. those tubes are more for displaying hi metal/Robot damashi in robot modes where things are better balanced out.  

I've been using those tubes for my valks for years...You are correct they are difficult to balance and may crack but with some careful placement, they work fine. You could also reinforce the connection point if you are worried.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's my 10 valkyries.  I have been using Macross World since before the reissue 1/55 VF-1s released in 2000.  I remember Spidey Jerusalem whom I bought lots of 1/55 reissues from.  I consider myself a forum contributor because I have made purchases from members on this forum in the past, too.

Anyway told you guys I would be back and would buy these didn't I?  I have used this forum for a long time, you don't think I would just abandon this place, right. :) Thanks for the perm ban, it really didn't make any difference *chuckle*.

These are great toys and I cherish all of my orders.  What do I have now, 10 of these, 10 VE-1s, and 10 VT-1s and 1 each of some of the others.  Keep em coming Bandai.  Keep in mind, too, there's collectors on here that have by and far more valkyries (and other thing such as transformers g1) than I have or can afford.

Thanks to all the Macross valkyrie lovers on this forum.

IMG_5882.JPG

IMG_5883.JPG

IMG_5884.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also I would like to take this opportunity to mention that YES the head of this latest release is difficult to snap into place when transforming into fighter plane mode.  It takes some force and you will feel like you are going to break something.  It makes a loud snap when it releases and goes into the proper position.  That is the only thing I don't like about this toy.  Everything else is good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Cowboy17 said:

re: the tamashii act 5 stand discussion from a few days back, i just want to add that the extension tubes for them are useless for valkyries in fighter mode. it doesnt balance well and it puts tons of stress on the extension tube coupling, and they do crack and loosen after a while which could result in a nasty shelf dive. those tubes are more for displaying hi metal/Robot damashi in robot modes where things are better balanced out.  

My original HM Hikaru has been sitting on those tubes in Fighter mode for years. I've never had any issues

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A quick question if I may.

Since that I don't have either the HMR Gulag or the Regults and waiting for the eventual N-ger/Q-rau/Q-rare, how tall in height (cm or inches) will this Zentradi machine be?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, borgified said:

A quick question if I may.

Since that I don't have either the HMR Gulag or the Regults and waiting for the eventual N-ger/Q-rau/Q-rare, how tall in height (cm or inches) will this Zentradi machine be?

The Q-Rau? Based on the Yamato dimensions, if HMR uses the same scale ratio, the Q-Rau would be 19 cm up to halfway between the hook thing that extends behind the head. So depending on how you want to measure, 18-20 cm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would take the official measurement and divide by 80 and 100 to get the range... But I think you're getting ahead of yourself since we don't even know another Macross HMR is in the pipeline.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope the Tomahawk gets released before the end of this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

I hope the Tomahawk gets released before the end of this year.

I’m happy to wait another year. My wallet needs a break haha 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Saburo said:

 

Thank you for the 1D shots! New wallpaper change on the mobile!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Saburo said:

 

 

 

47737905542_368d802cbf_h.jpg

 

Incredible pictures as always Saburo. Thanks for sharing these.

Regarding the air intakes, should the covers be deployed in Gerwalk or should the fans be exposed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

I hope the Tomahawk gets released before the end of this year.

Right there with you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, rocketblast said:

Also I would like to take this opportunity to mention that YES the head of this latest release is difficult to snap into place when transforming into fighter plane mode.  It takes some force and you will feel like you are going to break something.  It makes a loud snap when it releases and goes into the proper position.  That is the only thing I don't like about this toy.  Everything else is good.

Ok, just as a precaution, if anything is snapping when you push the hip bar past the head, it should be the intakes clicking into place.  If you feel like you're going to break something, odds are you will.

You have to push the hip bar past the head before snapping the chest plate down.  That'll let you angle the nose upwards, and slip the hip bar under the back of the head.  Then, you can wiggle the fuselage and intakes together without having to force the hip bar past anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he's talking about the neck not rotating into place under the fuselage from battroid to gerwalk/fighter mode.  Out of the box, the neck would rotate forward for the seat accessory and hikaru to sit on, but rotating the neck back into the chest/back/fuselage required serious force.  The hip bar was tricky cuz the back of the head sticks out so much.  I think I did the steps you took Chronocidal, but that neck was stuck until I forced it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was tilting the head back and snapping it into place.  Fortunately I prefer this in robot mode so I'm not really planning on transforming it again. I already have one of my VT-1 in fighter plane mode so I'm good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RDX17 said:

Incredible pictures as always Saburo. Thanks for sharing these.

Regarding the air intakes, should the covers be deployed in Gerwalk or should the fans be exposed?

Thank you @RDX17.

As for the intake covers, I always use close since line art and models show them closed.  This might also depend if in or outside of oxygen based atmosphere for the turbine.

vf-1s-strike-gerwalk.gif.298fbffba092adf44b773fd0d60de682.gif

c76a4f8ac4ec6bfe8a7a3d466ce79785__23900.1524639575_1280_1280.jpg.40b2165f6a4910d3cb27031b68e3dc5d.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Saburo said:

Thank you @RDX17.

As for the intake covers, I always use close since line art and models show them closed.  This might also depend if in or outside of oxygen based atmosphere for the turbine.

vf-1s-strike-gerwalk.gif.298fbffba092adf44b773fd0d60de682.gif

 

Right on! Thanks for the additional information.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always use the intake covers at all times. Even if it were to be open, the fan wouldn’t be that close to the opening so it looks silly to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fast packs = covers on (because they are on in space). No fast packs depends on if you're imagining the vehicle in space or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone have the picture of the prototypes of the VF-0 and VF-25? It was from that booth where pics were not allowed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, beatsing said:

I think he's talking about the neck not rotating into place under the fuselage from battroid to gerwalk/fighter mode.  Out of the box, the neck would rotate forward for the seat accessory and hikaru to sit on, but rotating the neck back into the chest/back/fuselage required serious force.  The hip bar was tricky cuz the back of the head sticks out so much.  I think I did the steps you took Chronocidal, but that neck was stuck until I forced it.  

You're right, rotating the head forward was stickier than any of the previous HMR VF-1s that I remember, but I'm not sure it's consistent.  I think one of my pair moved pretty easily, but the other did take a decent push to fold it under the nose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

You're right, rotating the head forward was stickier than any of the previous HMR VF-1s that I remember, but I'm not sure it's consistent.  I think one of my pair moved pretty easily, but the other did take a decent push to fold it under the nose.

I've never had one that felt like this.  I haven't had the time to try anything on it yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The neck swivel in my 1D is stiff too, but it works. What doesn't work is the darn right foot, not swiveling back enough. I may display them mostly in plane form, with the damashii stands anyway, but it is a bummer none the less.

BTW, after buying those dark, translucent damashii stands, i discovered BBTS has a nice deal on 2 for 10 bucks clear damashii stands. 

Edited by vlenhoff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

I’m happy to wait another year. My wallet needs a break haha 

I’d make the sacrifice.

8 hours ago, RDX17 said:

Regarding the air intakes, should the covers be deployed in Gerwalk or should the fans be exposed?

4DF24C76-EC06-4274-BC7F-D1436F5EF70C.thumb.jpeg.8d183d3127a1c7eed3bbf792546c080f.jpeg

3B718CBC-6554-462F-9AE2-902DBEAD7E69.jpeg.c8bbb0515b535019b41573c4dafac606.jpeg

Master Tenjin painted the VF-1D Gerwalk with the fans exposed so I’m following that.

8 hours ago, RDX17 said:

Right there with you!

:drinks:

Edited by sh9000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...