Jump to content
joppewo

Hi-Metal R

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, rdrunner said:

You mean like this?:lol:

AD074B49-8095-4031-B2F2-DB2FAF62908F.jpeg

Yeah. that's nice. such an iconic pose you've reproduced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, beatsing said:

Yeah. that's nice. such an iconic pose you've reproduced.

Oh. Wrong hand. Lol. 

1CF4230A-0102-4B46-9C7D-F68B7CFD6095.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That’s some serious anime magic going on there. And how’s that gunpod attached or slung??

Edited by Bolt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bolt said:

That’s some serious anime magic going on there. How’s that gunpod attached or slung??

I think it was melted onto the arm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lots of production errors on that episode. Roy throw away the gunpod so he can mount the fuselage underneath. But during the chase with Regults, the VF-1S in fighter mode still has the gunpod underneath. :lol:

BC71904A-182E-43CF-BFB8-E8A644671641.jpeg.12bbf18f496aa8081874373db0bd02ce.jpeg

Anyways, looks like you need two VF-1D to re-enact this scene. :rolleyes:

F5943BAF-6A37-4743-BAFC-ED73F745C516.jpeg.a999f24b10d04748c36bb71f0be799b1.jpeg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

Oh. Wrong hand. Lol. 

1CF4230A-0102-4B46-9C7D-F68B7CFD6095.png

Lol, I was thinking it was on the right arm too, ha ha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I remember the battroid slinging the gunpod and sliding the fuselage onto the arm with no apparent attachments. 

Good times..:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, no3Ljm said:

Lots of production errors on that episode. Roy throw away the gunpod so he can mount the fuselage underneath. But during the chase with Regults, the VF-1S in fighter mode still has the gunpod underneath. :lol:

BC71904A-182E-43CF-BFB8-E8A644671641.jpeg.12bbf18f496aa8081874373db0bd02ce.jpeg

Anyways, looks like you need two VF-1D to re-enact this scene. :rolleyes:

F5943BAF-6A37-4743-BAFC-ED73F745C516.jpeg.a999f24b10d04748c36bb71f0be799b1.jpeg

 

Or it could be that we all had a contact drunk episode per Roy.

Hiccuo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Bolt said:

That’s some serious anime magic going on there. And how’s that gunpod attached or slung??

Slung.

D4DC21E7-7CB8-4442-B6AA-A29E82FA3AC3.jpeg.5b73e227e244442577d4960f529fac53.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Anyways, looks like you need two VF-1D to re-enact this scene. :rolleyes:

 F5943BAF-6A37-4743-BAFC-ED73F745C516.jpeg.a999f24b10d04748c36bb71f0be799b1.jpeg

:rofl:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bolt said:

:rofl:

Some crabs will grow another claw when you snap one off. Looks like the 1D grew another cockpit rather quickly. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One for each passenger..:p

Edited by Bolt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, nightmareB4macross said:

Wat a minute, two antennas!?!

You didn’t know? :rolleyes:

The fuselage keeps on hopping between arms during that sequence. ;)

0C5280C1-D60A-4194-8D15-5973A5125C9F.jpeg.f5fa86825ea83d60a91725d0e385e058.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nightmareB4macross said:

 

Wat a minute, two antennas!?!

This is very quickly turning into a hunt for animation errors in episode 3!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, no3Ljm said:

You didn’t know? :rolleyes:

The fuselage keeps on hopping between arms during that sequence. ;)

0C5280C1-D60A-4194-8D15-5973A5125C9F.jpeg.f5fa86825ea83d60a91725d0e385e058.jpeg

And at the same time this is where the 1S looks like Jetfire. Now I know why Hasbro wanted this in their repertoire of Transformers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, nightmareB4macross said:

And at the same time this is where the 1S looks like Jetfire. Now I know why Hasbro wanted this in their repertoire of Transformers.

I don't see the resemblance.  Do you have a pic for comparison?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, beatsing said:

I don't see the resemblance.  Do you have a pic for comparison?

Paint the visor blue.

E09124B6-46A9-4B80-B8B6-2D80C460E8B0.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Paint the visor blue.

E09124B6-46A9-4B80-B8B6-2D80C460E8B0.jpeg

Mind = blown

I watched Macross before I got into G1, and I always thought hasbro just stole the Valkyrie design. Never thought that there’s a scene with the 1S in it. 

Edited by rdrunner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

oh I don't remember that shot.  I usually think of Jetfire the version that has a G1 face when he was talking with Starscream.  He has red wings sticking out the sides, and the boosters are two pieces but one big backpack in the middle.

Jetfireskyfire.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

"Minmei" was never in SDFM either. :p

I'm pretty sure that's how it was written at her bedroom door

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, beatsing said:

oh I don't remember that shot.  I usually think of Jetfire the version that has a G1 face when he was talking with Starscream.  He has red wings sticking out the sides, and the boosters are two pieces but one big backpack in the middle.

Jetfireskyfire.jpg

That’s Skyfire, not Jetfire. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, nightmareB4macross said:

That’s Skyfire, not Jetfire. 

What's the diff?  I thought those two were alternate names for the same character?  On the wiki, the two are the same: Skyfire for the animated version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Convectuoso said:

I'm pretty sure that's how it was written at her bedroom door

I think your are right, but I think it was more "Min Mei" or "MIN MEI" on her door.  I tried to do a quick search of the 1st two episodes, but I didn't want to end up watching the whole thing again.  Of course, it could be another production error!  :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DHL finally delivered my 2 from Amazon Japan. At just past 8pm.

Now to open and check for defects.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, DewPoint said:

I think your are right, but I think it was more "Min Mei" or "MIN MEI" on her door.  I tried to do a quick search of the 1st two episodes, but I didn't want to end up watching the whole thing again.  Of course, it could be another production error!  :p

Not really Jetfire is the toy, and Skyfire is the animated character. Wikipedia...you have so much to learn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Now to open and check for defects.

Haha.. welcome to the HMR line:p 

(Not that you’re new to it :hi:@Sanity is Optional)

Bandai what have you done?<_< What’s the next release?!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Not really Jetfire is the toy, and Skyfire is the animated character. Wikipedia...you have so much to learn.

I think you quoted the wrong comment. ^_^ 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Not really Jetfire is the toy, and Skyfire is the animated character. Wikipedia...you have so much to learn.

I think Jetfire was also the name in the comics.

The Jetfire toy seemed so much bigger than my chunky munky.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Bolt said:

Haha.. welcome to the HMR line:p 

(Not that you’re new to it :hi:@Sanity is Optional)

Bandai what have you done?<_< What’s the next release?!

Looks like I'm safe, just a bit of errant orange paint on the tail of one of them. Plus the usual horrendous nubs.

Maybe Bandai got their QA back in gear after the VE-1/VF-4/VF-1A issues.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn.. Talk about animation errors. There's too much to look out for and you're going to be bug eyed to scan every little detail in each episode. 

Early animated cartoons have continuity errors (and also the present as well despite that its done by computers). Even movies/television/docu-dramas have it as well. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Looks like I'm safe, just a bit of errant orange paint on the tail of one of them. Plus the usual horrendous nubs.

No two left foots?:p

Ya, I haven’t even taken out my Armored VF-1J from the box for inspection yet. Or my Regult.:unknw: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Nice pic @vlenhoff.

My VF-1D from Amazon JP came in this morning and I’ll check it out later.  B))

D99620B1-38CA-4813-93BF-92EA00AC7C49.jpeg.256d5c7b26b7a632d675997784b06c14.jpeg

Challenge accepted!

IMG_20190424_000543466.thumb.jpg.dd8813cad5576c8f4cd86a33d22e30db.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...