Hi-Metal R

joppewo

A Roy Fokker valk is an web exclusive? That seems weird that it's not a regular release.

From what I've been told, it's the one that comes with a stand that is an exclusive and the regular one will go on sale in Nov. So get yours now if you want that stand... I believe it's the same price as the regular edition.

Right. If you preorder within the first week, then Roy's 1S should come with the limited edition stand (such as it is). If you preorder on November 5 or later, then it will not come with the stand. I don't know if there will be a cheaper version announced later. I expect this Tamashii release will be priced the same whether or not you get the included first week preorder bonus.

So will we or will we not get the stand if we ordered from NY before the 29th???

The "unknown" or "random" pilot thingy will only be tolerable if the valk-colors are hidden by the GBP.Unfortunately, the VF-1J itself sans the armor is in Hikaru's specific and iconic tv-colors.An "unknown/random pilot" would only really work if it's the brownie-1J.Bandai just really screwed it up.

In DYRL, the VF-1J you refer to is piloted by someone else, not Hikaru....so Bandai did not screw up the pilot.....the GBP-1J is a DYRL type....what Bandai screwed up was the missile tips....

So will we or will we not get the stand if we ordered from NY before the 29th???

I sent a message to NY whether order placed during the early window would be guaranteed the stand....they said yes...

I don't trust them enough not to screw that up, so will probably use a proxy....

Just the tips...

yup...

dyrl_vf1ja_857.png

Guest davidwhangchoi

I sent a message to NY whether order placed during the early window would be guaranteed the stand....they said yes...

I don't trust them enough not to screw that up, so will probably use a proxy....

yup...

dyrl_vf1ja_857.png

the number on the kneecap is 310, i think the chest wouldn't be marked "1"

In DYRL, the VF-1J you refer to is piloted by someone else, not Hikaru....so Bandai did not screw up the pilot.....the GBP-1J is a DYRL type....what Bandai screwed up was the missile tips....

Yes, they did screwed up the pilot.

The VF-1J was never shown outside of the GBP in DYRL. The pilot was never shown in DYRL.

The only time you'll see the pilot in the HM-R is if you remove the armor and make it into a regular VF-1J.

Which is in Hikaru's TV-colors.

There are no other known VF-1J that shares Hikaru's 1J tv-colors.

From what I've been told, it's the one that comes with a stand that is an exclusive and the regular one will go on sale in Nov. So get yours now if you want that stand... I believe it's the same price as the regular edition.

Mm. The site was confusing on that point. I was thinking of the stand as an early preorder bonus like you can get with certain DVD and Blu-ray releases - more of a timed thing than a different order.

Anyway, good news for those who find out about this on Nov 5. : )

Yes, they did screwed up the pilot.

The VF-1J was never shown outside of the GBP in DYRL. The pilot was never shown in DYRL.

But if they never showed the pilot in the DYRL GBP sequence....then how do you know they screwed it up?

Next thing you'll be telling me is the pilot of the VF-4G is you, when I know it's really me!!! :rolleyes:

I don't really care for the stage stand, and the normal version is probably cheaper due to normal store discounts, but i don't want to miss out on something limited either, so probably just get 1 for now and see what pops up on 11-05-15.

"big in japan" has it too but nippon-yasan is still the cheapest.

But if they never showed the pilot in the DYRL GBP sequence....then how do you know they screwed it up?

Next thing you'll be telling me is the pilot of the VF-4G is you, when I know it's really me!!! :rolleyes:

Because there was only one pilot of the armored valk that was ever shown and known: Hikaru

There is no need for fan fiction on this.

The armored valk was not even shown having a gunpod in DYRL.

Because there was only one pilot of the armored valk that was ever shown and known: Hikaru

There is no need for fan fiction on this.

The armored valk was not even shown having a gunpod in DYRL.

You are stuck on the idea that only Hikaru can commandeer a GBP armored VF-1J....clearly the film demonstrated that this is not the case....in the DYRL continuity....at least during the time in which the viewer is introduced to Hikaru...Hikaru pilots a VF-1A.....so obviously someone else is piloting the GBP seen in DYRL....

The HMR is marketed as DYRL version....the logo is right on the box.....additionally it is a BigWest licensed/endorsed product....Bandai knew it was not Hikaru piloting the GBP....so they probably just took the liberty with the pilot scheme.....as no one knows exactly what that pilot looks like or who he/she is....you can't say it is wrong or right....in other words...saying they screwed up the pilot is incorrect....what we do know is that the missile tips should have been yellow....that they did screw up....unless there are red tipped missiles seen in DYRL.....

Oh and regarding the gunpod....it's right on the box....so if it's good enough for Big West....it's good enough for you.... :lol:

Edited by jvmacross

Bandai screwed it up.

Intentionally, I reckon.

BigWest couldn't care less as long as Bandai pays them their licensing and other fees, afaict.

Maybe coz Bandai or their distributors still have lots of unsold inventory of the older 1J variant.

Or maybe they want to somehow placate the early HM adopters.

The only way to get a proper Hikaru pilot is to get the older HM variant.

Which was not really a good product. Chachi's original HM-1J was loosey goosey in his recent review.

Is the Bandai HMR GBP-1J a DYRL or SDFM version?

I already said "mixed".

If you take away the red-tipped missiles and the gunpod, then it's a DYRL variant.

With the gunpod and without the armor, it's the TV variant.

It's kinda funny that old Yamato never even bothered to designate all their variants (1/60v1, 1/60v2, 1/48) as either TV or DYRL, iirc.

I already said "mixed".

If you take away the red-tipped missiles and the gunpod, then it's a DYRL variant.

With the gunpod and without the armor, it's the TV variant.

It's kinda funny that old Yamato never even bothered to designate all their variants (1/60v1, 1/60v2, 1/48) as either TV or DYRL, iirc.

So the fact the box has a DYRL logo on it means nothing to you?

Fair enough I guess....

And Bandai already released a TV version of the VF-1J in their HM line....it was bright white and had the SDFM logo on the box.....plus TV style "clown" hands and a TV style helmet wearing 100% Hikaru included.... :rolleyes:

So the fact the box has a DYRL logo on it means nothing to you?

Fair enough I guess....

And Bandai already released a TV version of the VF-1J in their HM line....it was bright white and had the SDFM logo on the box.....plus TV style "clown" hands and a TV style helmet wearing 100% Hikaru included.... :rolleyes:

Maybe you missed out reading my previous reply.

Here it is again:

Bandai screwed it up.

Intentionally, I reckon.

BigWest couldn't care less as long as Bandai pays them their licensing and other fees, afaict.

Maybe coz Bandai or their distributors still have lots of unsold inventory of the older 1J variant.

Which was not really a good product. Chachi's original HM-1J was loosey goosey in his recent review.

I've bolded the relevant parts in case you missed it again.

Maybe you missed out reading my previous reply.

Here it is again:

I've bolded the relevant parts in case you missed it again.

Ok....thanks for bolding them....

So Bandai screwed up the HMR GBP-1J release according to you for the following reasons....

I haven't seen any at online retail shops for years....plus if Bandai has plenty of unsold stock....why release one in grey?

How so? This is an all new DYRL version....it is an all new offerring and adding the armor so early adopters don't feel totally taken...again, this is a DYRL VF-1J not a TV version flown by Hikaru...

Exactly....why do you continue to say that Bandai screwed up when the current release is NOT INTENDED TO BE HIKARU....thus, you need to get the previous HM VF-1J if you are hell-bent on a true Hikaru VF-1J....

Again, the only thing Bandai screwed up on is not painting the missile tips yellow on what is clearly a DYRL version of a GBP armored VF-1J...... :rolleyes:

I say Bandai intentionally screwed it up so to give more, shall we say, "incentive" to the japanese fans that they're not buying a re-issue.

Otherwise, they might just ignore it altogether, regardless of the armor.

Possibly also to not anger their retailers that got burned by unsold original HM-1J. They prolly still need to move out those unsold units.

Some kind of standard Bandai tactic.

I mean, the upcoming new Roy is a TWE now instead of a general retail release.

Yet, Roy-VF1S is the most iconic of all the valkyries ever done.

I say Bandai intentionally screwed it up so to give more, shall we say, "incentive" to the japanese fans that they're not buying a re-issue.

I think that's hitting it on the nail right there... the Hikaru 1J has already been sold and it's a way to sell the DYRL GBP as Hikaru without actually saying it's Hikaru. But I just don't see it as a screw up or an diabolic corporation ploy... it's just a matter of having your cake and eating it. Much like how a lot of MW'ers bought the Masei helmet in TV Focker colors. Some people did it as an homage or a work around. I mean, the fact that we're discussing it shows how finicky Macross collectors and trying to make everyone happy is an impossible thing. AN IMPOSSIBLE THING...

I mean, the upcoming new Roy is a TWE now instead of a general retail release.

Yet, Roy-VF1S is the most iconic of all the valkyries ever done.

I haven't looked back on the whole thread but I think it was mentioned and I got it second hand how that Focker thing is going to work out. When I first heard it was a web exclusive it kinda got me wondering what they were smoking too... but if it is only an exclusive with the stand and the general release is later next month, it makes sense. If it's not true I'll be the first to riot with you. :p

You know what would be really cool for Bandai to do....to offer free yellow tipped missile inserts.....

Then.....we shall have peace....

swvillains_10.jpg

Until then.....Bandai did not screw up anything on the HMR GBP-1J release except the missile tips...

Also for the record....the GBP is 100% DYRL based on the pilot alone....why? Take a look at the position of the hands.....on the first HM VF-1J Bandai specifically molded the TV Hikaru pilot holding the flight stick between his legs....on the HMR the pilot has both hands to his side.....Arcadia and Yamato do the same thing with their pilots do differentiate between TV and movie versions....

gallery_12176_633_939340.jpg

gallery_12176_633_1436552.jpg

Plus....these are nowhere to be found in the HMR...

gallery_12176_633_452011.jpg

So basically, the Bandai HMR GBP-1J is the first ever DYRL version released as a set....a shame Bandai missed the yellow missile tips....

On this matter of the HM-R Armored-1J, all I can say to close it is this:

The particular pilot that Bandai used with it is simply non-canon.

As such, I do wish Bandai should've just given us fans more options/accessories with this HM-R such as yellow-tips, a canon Hikaru pilot, underside-covers and even them clown hands...

:bump:

You know what would be really cool for Bandai to do....to offer free yellow tipped missile inserts.....

Then.....we shall have peace....

swvillains_10.jpg

Until then.....Bandai did not screw up anything on the HMR GBP-1J release except the missile tips...

Also for the record....the GBP is 100% DYRL based on the pilot alone....why? Take a look at the position of the hands.....on the first HM VF-1J Bandai specifically molded the TV Hikaru pilot holding the flight stick between his legs....on the HMR the pilot has both hands to his side.....Arcadia and Yamato do the same thing with their pilots do differentiate between TV and movie versions....

gallery_12176_633_939340.jpg

gallery_12176_633_1436552.jpg

Plus....these are nowhere to be found in the HMR...

gallery_12176_633_452011.jpg

So basically, the Bandai HMR GBP-1J is the first ever DYRL version released as a set....a shame Bandai missed the yellow missile tips....

jvmacross you're still correct.

funny on the 1J they use the chunky monkey inspired chest stripe shape and on the 1S (both hikaru and focker) they are using the correct chest stripe shape. also call me crazy but i like the greyish color they are using too. looks kinda retro and i mean they are in deep space so its gona look darkish...also i'm always reminded of this artwork when i see darker than white slightly grey valks81YDJlP4dEL._SL1311_.jpg