Hi-Metal R

joppewo

3 hours ago, Bolt said:

Doesn’t Arcadia have the rights to the

VF-4? I know they re released the. Yammy version under the Arcadia name.. Or is it the flashback scheme in particular they can’t do?

FB2012 scheme. For some reasons, they can't apply it on their VF-4.

From what I remember reading it here, here's some of the reasons why:

• The argument is that it wasn't shown in Gerwalk(?) and Battroid(?) modes in the OAV to warrant a 1/60 figure.
  • Big West and company are demanding for more from Yamato(?)

Nevertheless, Arcadia should pursue and produce this knowing that the HMR version was a success. Even though, it wasn't shown in Gerwalk and Battroid mode, Big West 'approved' it. So Arcadia should do the same. I'm pretty sure a lot will buy the 1/60 version once again.

1 hour ago, Bolt said:

I see. And it would probably have to be a new mold with better(?) engineering or at least PF , in order to separate it from the existing 1/60 VF-4 they are already licensed to sell..?

I don't think it will need new molds nor better engineering since their VF-4 is perfect as is. I'm also not expecting for them to redesign the arms because that's how it is design-wise. Even Bandai didn't bother on adding more articulation to it. The FB2012 scheme is already enough to separate it from their VF-X VF-4G. I mean, if you think about it what's separates VF-1J from VF-1A, right? So no need for new mold and engineering. ;)

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I don't think it will need new molds nor better engineering since their VF-4 is perfect as is. I'm also not expecting for them to redesign the arms because that's how it is design-wise. Even Bandai didn't bother on adding more articulation to it. The FB2012 scheme is already enough to separate it from their VF-X VF-4G. I mean, if you think about it what's separates VF-1J from VF-1A, right? So no need for new mold and engineering. ;)

I agree with you about the colour scheme change, but I'd really appreciate rotating shoulders/thrusters, a gun and probably some missiles...

31 minutes ago, Reïvaj said:

I agree with you about the colour scheme change, but I'd really appreciate rotating shoulders/thrusters, a gun and probably some missiles...

It already comes with 6 ‘irritating’ missiles. ;)

As for the shoulders, yes, I couldn’t agree more. But I think that’s how far it can go design-wise. So I’ll take it as is, as long that it will be an official FB2012 release from them. :rolleyes:

Edited by no3Ljm

7 minutes ago, Bolt said:

Thanks. “Package heavily damaged” worries me . Pictures included are reference and not if actual item..:wacko:

Well, if you only check the different condition items on the lower part of that VF-1S page, you can see most of them are not package heavily damage, but just package damage. And most ‘package damage’ I received from Mandarake are just corner dents and dings but mostly the items inside are pristine and untouched. If the pristine of the box is a big concern then the one from NY is the best way to go. But then again, what’s the guarantee that we’re going to get a pristine condition box from their listing. :rolleyes:

29 minutes ago, Bolt said:

Thanks. “Package heavily damaged” worries me . Pictures included are reference and not if actual item..:wacko:

5 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

When Mandarake says a box is damaged, it means a corner might be ever so slightly dinged.

Pretty much this. Mandarake's standards for "heavily damaged" are fairly low. I've gotten ones where the box was beat to hell but pictures of the damage were always on the listing. So long as the item inside isn't listed as "used" the contents ought to be just fine.

35 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Pretty much this. Mandarake's standards for "heavily damaged" are fairly low. I've gotten ones where the box was beat to hell but pictures of the damage were always on the listing. So long as the item inside isn't listed as "used" the contents ought to be just fine.

Just says  condition:“Opened, package heavily damaged”

so maybe the box is beat up but the contents are fine..

But not listing photos of the actual box , or item always makes me worried, regardless ..

Edited by Bolt

2 hours ago, sh9000 said:

I can’t wait to see what’s next.  

Mb there should be a poll. where we try and guess.

Truthfully I'm beyond irritated with Bandai's Valkyrie fixation. How many more insipid variants can flap past before we get something exciting like the Queadluun or Recon pod?

14 minutes ago, Podtastic said:

Mb there should be a poll. where we try and guess.

Truthfully I'm beyond irritated with Bandai's Valkyrie fixation. How many more insipid variants can flap past before we get something exciting like the Queadluun or Recon pod?

Haha! Yes, yes ! Queadlunn and Nousjadeul-ger , oh please!!:rolleyes:

(A Cyclops recon pod would be epic..)

Well, as far as Valkyrie fixation, I see that as 90% of ALL the toy makers for Macross. And it’s been annoying for years..I’m only complaining along because @Podtastic is right, we haven’t gotten enough bad guys !:search:

Edited by Bolt

1 hour ago, Bolt said:

I know, I know, but good guys get boring after a while:lazy:

True. But these boring good guys can command prices and make us collectors weep. :cray:

Edit: But I have to agree it’s all VF-1’s that’s coming out lately including HG releases. C’mon now Bandai and Arcadia. When are you guys going to make Mylene’s gorgeous transforming ride? :unknw:

Edited by no3Ljm

8 hours ago, Bolt said:

No problem.  I’ve been shopping at Mandarake for a long time and even with that description it should come in good condition.

2 hours ago, seti88 said:

I wouldnt mind some good guys from M0 or MF too.....

1 hour ago, Big s said:

M plus would be nice as well, but gimme the q rau that millia used in the original series sometime soon.

I’ll take one release from every series just to get a hint of their plans with them first.

Yeah, I wouldn't want them to start doing HMR M+.  Bring on the gd DX YF-21 already!  I need to complete the pair and I don't want an old, used yammie version that I can't afford.  I certainly don't want a little HMR... but I'd still buy it if they did.

I saw people were getting invoiced for the VF-1D already, but has anyone gotten anything from Ami Ami?  I'm a little worried since I let my last order lapse because Paypal credit doesn't work in different currencies and I didn't have the cash.  So I'm hoping they don't write me off for the 1D po.

18 minutes ago, Pontus said:

Yeah, I wouldn't want them to start doing HMR M+.  Bring on the gd DX YF-21 already!  I need to complete the pair and I don't want an old, used yammie version that I can't afford.  I certainly don't want a little HMR... but I'd still buy it if they did.

I saw people were getting invoiced for the VF-1D already, but has anyone gotten anything from Ami Ami?  I'm a little worried since I let my last order lapse because Paypal credit doesn't work in different currencies and I didn't have the cash.  So I'm hoping they don't write me off for the 1D po.

I didn't get my Ami Ami payment request either, I think it's just NY that does it so early.

32 minutes ago, Smacky said:

I didn't get my Ami Ami payment request either, I think it's just NY that does it so early.

Same here, still waiting for AmiAmi. Logged in and checked. The order status is unchanged.

1 hour ago, seti88 said:

I don’t thk bandai would do a HMR M+ yet, or not until the rest of the M+ DX valks comes out first, since the DX 19 has been released.

Nopoint risking the sales of the DX.

I like where is this going, Seti. Would be nice to have a DX YF-21 and VF-11B. ;) 

But with that regard, Bandai already made a VF-4 Lightning III in HMR format, I don't mind them making a DX version of that as well. (DX is not an official 1/60 scale, so I hope there will be no problems there.) Also, I don't think they will risk the sales of the HMR VF-4 at this point. ^_^